Votes: 141 19.2%
  • Not Like Us

Votes: 301 40.9%
  • Other

Votes: 14 1.9%

• Total voters

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
Yea this song is straight damage control, and weak at that. Like him talking at the end was probably the highlight. I don't see what Drake can even say about/to Kendrick to turn the tide on this

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest thing I've noticed from this is that the response from people is very different from all of the other responses. Since Like That each shot has had people going wild and genuinely being excited for the rest of the tracks. Even if people wanted one side to win, there was a feeling to it. Now for this track? It hasn't been that. It's been mostly underwhelmed, more Drake clowning and even more than that the Drake stans are believing everything Drake said. Like Kendrick said, Drake's a master manipulator and it's to the point where you've got people truly believing that Drake set Kendrick up even if it doesn't make any sense at all. All Drake had to do is show them setting Kendrick up and boom, they got it but nope, it's just thrown out there. Let alone, it makes Drake look like a worse person, I don't get it.

This track wasn't it.
I love that Drake fans of all people are saying "Kendrick will win no matter what because it's a popularity contest".

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Naw, even if that was the case you could still come with receipts and the narrative would flip. He has literally nothing to show for it. It's everyone saying Kin'emon planned this shit while praising him and he's stonefaced knowing he didn't but just accepting the praise.

This was desperation, pure and simple.

The narrative wont flip though. The memes and the ridicule has been 95% pedophile shit.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Drake's best shot was Family Matters and Kendrick completely nullified it by dropping a response like 20 minutes later. That was basically where this was decided. It's may not be "fair" but it doesn't really matter.

Oct 27, 2017
"that was a good exercise, made me pick my pen up"

Such a goof lmao, so I guess he's just going to ride the ghost writer disses until the end of time

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
That would mean Kendrick just made up the story which would be worse for his credibility, no?
No, it's a fuckin' rap battle. You aren't scored on honesty, you're scored on how well you humiliate the other guy and how much people believe you. Receipts are effective because they make it impossible for your opponent to mount a rebuttal. Kendrick could be lying about everything and Drake could be telling the truth about everything and that doesn't matter one lick because no one believes Drake. Proving he set Kendrick up would matter because it would be humiliating for Kendrick.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
which-youtuber-apology-video-is-the-worst-youve-seen-the-v0-intddl1yn9ub1.jpg
DAMN

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
The narrative wont flip though. The memes and the ridicule has been 95% pedophile shit.

If Drake could prove one of Kendrick's bombs was bullshit it would cause a lot of damage to ALL of Kendrick's claims and you'd see the timelines flooded with "Drake showed the receipts of feeding Kendrick fake info". If Drake went "You LIED about my daughter" you can bet that shit would hit.

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
that metro beat sucks but people are walking on it. different countries too. Letting that many people shine might be the best part out of all this.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Drake's best shot was Family Matters and Kendrick completely nullified it by dropping a response like 20 minutes later. That was basically where this was decided. It's may not be "fair" but it doesn't really matter.
I mean, I think it was fair because he told Drake in advance that he had a mole and Drake walked right off the cliff anyway. Honestly that what makes the K.Dot stuff so hype is that each successive diss makes the previous ones better because you see the foreshadowing.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
If Drake could prove one of Kendrick's bombs was bullshit it would cause a lot of damage to ALL of Kendrick's claims and you'd see the timelines flooded with "Drake showed the receipts of feeding Kendrick fake info". If Drake went "You LIED about my daughter" you can bet that shit would hit.

Almost nobody is talking about the daughter shit though.

The shit going everywhere is the pedo shit because Drake has history that cannot be washed away with the subject that would give anyone side eye.

There's no real winning on this front for Drake.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
People acting like rap battles gotta be audited by independent third party investigation compliance teams before a winner can be determined.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Almost nobody is talking about the daughter shit though.

The shit going everywhere is the pedo shit because Drake has history that cannot be washed away with the subject that would give anyone side eye.

There's no real winning on this front for Drake.

No, they're not, but it would cast doubt on Kendrick. Dis tracks are all about believability which is why Drake is getting cooked: no one believes him. Both of them are posting the same amount of receipts, zero. Kendrick has more smoke because everyone has seen the weirdo shit with Drake and young girls.

But this would destroy the believability of Kendrick, which would vastly help Drake.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
No, they're not, but it would cast doubt on Kendrick. Dis tracks are all about believability which is why Drake is getting cooked: no one believes him. Both of them are posting the same amount of receipts, zero. Kendrick has more smoke because everyone has seen the weirdo shit with Drake and young girls.

But this would destroy the believability of Kendrick, which would vastly help Drake.

the time to do that has passed. The damage is done and this shit is pretty much wrapped up. Drake's best shot (and his best track tbh) was Family Matters and he proved there that he really didn't have any real "dirt" on Kendrick that was gonna get any traction with people. He just made himself come across like a desperate bullshitter.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I love that Drake fans of all people are saying "Kendrick will win no matter what because it's a popularity contest".

With the 'underdog' being one of the biggest selling artists in the world?

Yup. He could easily prove the fact they planted evidence; show the text conversations with someone in Kendrick's camp. Should take no more than five minutes. I get proving something something that doesn't exist (daughter) is hard but if you had this mapped out its easy sauce.

But if you're lying about this then why should anyone believe anything in your 'Not a pedophile' song, its a silly claim that no one really cares about ("Twas I who was Kaiser Soze, not Kendrick!"), use those bars for more height jokes

OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Guys im confused. How come these track's didn't drop with google doc links to a works cited page in MLA format for all their claims.

How rap beefs actually work for the confused and uninitiated New

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Let me lay this out for those of y'all who don't understand how this shit works:

You put points on the board for:
Technical execution
Believably humiliating the other guy
Believably rebutting the other guy's bars
Flipping the other guy's bars onto them
Flipping the other guy's bars into a compliment
Nullifying the other guy's bars with receipts

You lose points for:
Being lame
Getting embarrassed

That's it. That's the game.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
the time to do that has passed. The damage is done and this shit is pretty much wrapped up. Drake's best shot (and his best track tbh) was Family Matters and he proved there that he really didn't have any real "dirt" on Kendrick that was gonna get any traction with people. He just made himself come across like a desperate bullshitter.

Oh, no, NOW it's too late. I'm talking about an alternate timeline where 30 minutes later Drake was on stream showing all the shit he did to give Kendrick the fake info. He let it sit too long and then came back with nothing but words.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/localboy3000/status/1787131206942777643?t=oj8cY2MsIdBPjbnnfaxNXg&s=19%5B/URL
🤣🤣

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
it the boy who cried wolf here basically.

Drake has been caught in lies before; this whole beef is about him being a fraud from multiple people not just Kendrick.

Thats what he has to fight against here and just going "nuh-uh" doesn't really stick. I actually think he did leak the daughter stuff but it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things especially with no proof behind it other than your word which again is tainted due to past actions (fair or not).

Its like when Draymond got kicked in the nuts...no one cared if it was on purpose or not or if it was dirty because its fucking Draymond lol.

Now if he has proof of his master plan...then yeah point for Drizzy but even then it feels like it backfired due to waiting too long to get in front of it which doesn't really seem like the well oiled machine he's trying to portray, no?

There was a way to salvage this IMO...he had to get out in front of it RIGHT AWAY for one....and with proof. You don't shoot a whole video for a diss and not put in proof of your master plan in action. You can't claim to be this devious planner and be this sloppy...which makes it hard to believe anything you say lol

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Does likeability and Talent play a major factor in why people treat Drake in this Beef differently from Kendrick?

Absolutely.

But you're fucking stupid if you think that's where it begins and ends.

Drake's biggest issue is he lacks credibility.

He's previously lied against allegations (Having a son) in the pusha T battle. As well as his well documented disingenuous behavior means that people are less inclined to believe him because he's done everything to erode any faith in him.

But on top of all of that, Drake has made a lot of claims that can't be substantiated at all

While Kendrick has provided a ton of claims that can be substantiated.

• Lil Yacthy's Jumbotron reference track got leaked by Metro Boomin
  • Ross expounded on why French Montana's Drake verse never actually showed up, which French had alluded to being a difficult situation.
  • The C&D for like That also got confirmed by Metro
  • 6:16 and MTG are covered in Aubrey's possessions
  • Baka to Nice clearly has a Sex Offender Record
  • MTG drops RIGHT AFTER Family Matters and is almost a perfect response to it.

If Drake wanted his hits to land. He, due to his lack of credibility, needed to do the extra work to make that shit land.

You telling me all these scandalous things and you can't give me some proof Drizzy?

No Text messages between Dave Free and Whitney?
No TDE Contract showing that Kendrick owes 50% of what he has to TOP?
No video or Photo proving that your stuff that Kendrick has was planted by your team?
No proof that whatever girl KDot thinks is your daughter isn't actually her?

It's not just about likeability. It's that Drake wants us to freely believe his words, when his words, due to his past actions, hold no weight.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Also, weren't we promised another 'nuke' post Family Matters? We are back to literally him saying the same two things he said in that song (abuser, child not his), with a healthy side of 'I planned this all along'.

Where's this Drake death blow he promised us?