• Meet The Grahams

Votes: 148 18.5%
  • Not Like Us

Votes: 335 42.0%
  • Other

Votes: 15 1.9%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing ak will just double down on the mole was a plant narrative to give the drake stans maximum copium and then they never talk about this again.

OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Did anything come of this? lol
Ak went on stream to say the heart part 6 had the best bars of the entire beef.

Admits the dave free and beating rumors he doesn't think are true

says all the bars on not like us are lies

Idk I turned it off after that

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Live look at Mal's reaction to drake waving the white flag.
Rory would be Nia lol
trey-tre.gif
I can see him already preparing his comments now lol.
Part of it is thanks to Drake himself. He raised the white flag but painted a "W" on it like he won or something. That Instagram story today just feeds into it.
"A pathetic master manipulator, I can smell the tales on you now"

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
As a mr morale "truther" for the last 2 years, and fucking loves it. Posts like the one above make me happy

I should have knew better. I thought I was passed that point in listening to music where I would initially dismiss albums to only change my mind later. I like being challenged, but here I am...still naive as ever, lol. The silver lining is that I've got a brand new (for me) Kendrick album to wear out. :)

Man, I really need to revisit that album since I had the same initial thoughts and haven't returned to it since.

I also want to just front-to-back Dot's discography to see if my current rankings change at all.

For reference:
GKMC
TPAB
DAMN.
Section 80
Untitled Unmastered
Mr. Morale

I need to give Section.80 another spin too. I always go straight to its bigger tracks, but haven't digested it in full in a long while.

Mine:

TPAB
GKMC
DAMN.
UU
Section.80

Still not ready to place Mr. Morale, but my instinct is to at least equate it with DAMN.. Hell, maybe put it above it, but I'm in that honeymoon phase.

I definitely recommend on your next listen to let the sonic layers just wash all over you. How the individual parts, though sparse, all build to a greater whole. The space Kendrick gives to the instrumentals, while expertly playing off them with his virtuosic vocal inflections. There's much more variety than I gave it credit for.

Maybe it'll work for you, or maybe it won't. Doesn't mean you're wrong. When I say I fucked up here, it's because this is the type of album that resonates with me, but I ignored it. Leading up to it with another go-through of his run from GKMC to DAMN. probably enhanced my quick turnaround on Mr. Morale. When it first dropped, I was probably looking for something in the mold of his prior work. After my relistens, I wanted something new.

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
I really think Euphoria and 6:16 are the two best songs. I really like all the rapping and word play in both of them.

Meet the Grahams is probably my favorite diss track ever. The song is dark and makes me feel bad for Drake. Even if you take out the third verse and the couple lines that are unproven, cutting the second and fourth verse a little shorter, it just really unloads on Drake. From the opening bars to the closing, just totally beats down Drake and makes me glad I'll never get a personal verbal beating from Kendrick. Not something I can listen to all the time though, it is too heavy.

NLU is the best song to just put on and play. The last verse is the best in it.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I can see him already preparing his comments now lol.
He was already laying the foundation on last week's pod. "Kendrick knows the only thing that could take drake down were lies about messing with young girls" he bout to go on that x100. Sprinkle in the conspiracy of labels wanting drake out the paint. I can see him ending with "Drake had a lot more in the tuck, but I dont blame him for bowing out. This became some other stuff, you got the lies, ppl trying to extort him, ppl running to his mansion. It is what it is. He'll bounce back. Family matters still the best song in the beef." lol

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
the hilarious thing is instead of just laying low and letting the heat die, drake will try to make a hit strong enough that makes people forgot the beef

If that shit ain't hotline bling 2 then he can keep it

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Most of Not Like Us we have confirmation as being true. The things we don't we don't are the "Drake is a pedophile" and "Chubbs gets your handmedowns" stuff. Everything else we've seen. The Drake stuff has been weird for years regardless.
He was already laying the foundation on last week's pod. "Kendrick knows the only thing that could take drake down were lies about messing with young girls" he bout to go on that x100. Sprinkle in the conspiracy of labels wanting drake out the paint. I can see him ending with "Drake had a lot more in the tuck, but I dont blame him for bowing out. This became some other stuff, you got the lies, ppl trying to extort him, ppl running to his mansion. It is what it is. He'll bounce back. Family matters still the best song in the beef." lol
I read that in his voice. That's definitely something he will say lol.

Last edited:

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Ak went on stream to say the heart part 6 had the best bars of the entire beef.

Admits the dave free and beating rumors he doesn't think are true

says all the bars on not like us are lies

Idk I turned it off after that
Ak, if you need to pad Drake results, dont take the song where your man said stuff like "I am too famous to be a pedophile and not be caught" or "I dont look twice on teenagers" or "I knew you were going to bring Epstein stuff". Like Push Ups was decent! The metro line was great (until BBL Drizzy beat)

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
the hilarious thing is instead of just laying low and letting the heat die, drake will try to make a hit strong enough that makes people forgot the beef

If that shit ain't hotline bling 2 then he can keep it

He's gonna try and Pusha T this beef: Release a Tik Tokable song or two to make the casuals forget and then address anything/send shots on the album itself.

I don't think it works this time.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
He's gonna try and Pusha T this beef: Release a Tik Tokable song or two to make the casuals forget and then address anything/send shots on the album itself.

I don't think it works this time.
Yep.
Not like us is a much bigger song than Story of Adidon (both due to it being a club song and Kendrick being bigger than Pusha T) and it hits much closer to stuff people thought about Drake before with his weird behaviour around women instead of just discovering a child.
Plus Kendrick already warned him that he didnt want side shots in Euphoria and that he wants direct stuff, so he is likely to answer if he decides to do that shit.

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
As someone who listened to Drake and Kendrick here and there i'm finding myself being bigger Drake fan at the end of all of this. The Kendrick tracks are good and hella catchy, but i really think Family Matters is the best track out of all of them. All of them have been added to the playlist though.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
This has been hard to keep up with. So were Drake's claims that he planted the info false? I don't wanna erroneously pretend to be shocked.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol. What a great beef even if it was totally lopsided. Not Like Us and BBL Drizzy, wtf. Top 2 summer anthems

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
So Drake basically lied about everything is Ak is to be believed. He really did have NOTHING on Kendrick did he? 🤣