• Not Like Us

Votes: 281 40.5%
  • Other

Votes: 13 1.9%

• Total voters

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
So Drake is now the 2 time champ. In taking Ls. Wonder if he will ever try another beef in the future.
Only if he has another kid he's keeping tucked away somewhere - he would never do something as reckless as start a beef without an instant-lose button just waiting to be pressed.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'm just amazed Drake thought he was ever going to come out on top in a beef with Kendrick.

Dec 17, 2022
So I wonder how much editing Drizz's team will need to do to edit the disses out of his yet to be released tracks, so they don't provoke K to release his remaining bombs?

And if Drizz slips in a diss or two anyways and starts this up again, would his label drop him as a liability?

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Mr. Morale is trending on my twitter.
Seems like people are listening Kenny's past albums.
People are saying it aged like a fine wine.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just amazed Drake thought he was ever going to come out on top in a beef with Kendrick.

he could have drew or took a credible loss if he'd have kept it clean I think. Push Ups and Family Matters were pretty good lyrically and flow wise, best Drake has sounded in years. But the hubris in lying about a bunch of stuff and bringing up family is crazy, especially after he got wrecked for doing that before and at the very least has done multiple things that look iffy on the face of it.

Last edited:

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
he could have drew or at the very least took a credible loss if he'd have kept it clean I think. Push Ups and Family Matters were pretty good lyrically and flow wise, best Drake has sounded in years. But the hubris in lying about a bunch of stuff and bringing up family is crazy, especially after he got wrecked for doing that before.
Unfortunately, the metaphors didn't reach him.

Feb 16, 2022
Yeah, this whole thing has shown how accusations of pedophilia are dangerous. The Kendrick Lamar Reddit is like 50% QAnon-type stuff.

It is the ultimate vilification tool. Once your enemy is marked with that mark, you feel safe in treating them as an ultimate irredeemable evil. It is incredibly powerful at enabling conspiratorial thinking. That's why conservative wackos are so eager to throw the accusation around at every turn.

The whole thing is a bit of a Pandora's box. I don't know, but I think Drake is creepy and has probably done some things that society would look down on. Maybe some of his behavior is even criminal. However, I highly doubt he's running a secret pedophilic cabal.

EDIT: the Riddler vaguebooking about the diamonds he wants to sell is not making this any better.
The Riddler stuff drove people to some crazy conspiracy theory stuff but even by the time MtG and Not Like Us dropped people were already talking about how the lyrics implied Drake had nasty stuff with women going on at his house with his close circle of posse. It didn't come up out of nowhere.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
So I wonder how much editing Drizz's team will need to do to edit the disses out of his yet to be released tracks, so they don't provoke K to release his remaining bombs?

And if Drizz slips in a diss or two anyways and starts this up again, would his label drop him as a liability?

no chance in hell he'll try to start this up again lol, he'll be pretending that kendrick doesn't exist like he does pusha

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Mr. Morale is trending on my twitter.
Seems like people are listening Kenny's past albums.
People are saying it aged like a fine wine.

This is me pretty much. I kind of moved away from hiphop after the early 00s so have been pretty neglectful of stuff between then and now, but this beef got me back in. Now I've been listening to Kendrick's older stuff because of it.

Liked GKMC, loved DAMN, didn't like TPAB as much. Where will Mr Morale likely fall for me?

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
This is me pretty much. I kind of moved away from hiphop after the early 00s so have been pretty neglectful of stuff between then and now, but this beef got me back in. Now I've been listening to Kendrick's older stuff because of it.

Liked GKMC, loved DAMN, didn't like TPAB as much. Where will Mr Morale likely fall for me?
Just give it a listen and see what you think.

Mar 3, 2018
Not to wish ill will on anyone, but with that said…if not for anything else through this saga, it's somewhat relieving to see a snake like Akademiks get clowned on more and more. Not gonna give him that much credit and call him some manipulator supervillain mastermind, but more so that the dude is such a clout chasing bandwagoner and he will spread any kind of misinformation and shit just to kiss ass and get clicks. People like him annoy tf out of me. And absolutely zero integrity. Still remember he was defending Tory during the events regarding Megan thee stallion being shot..like you're that big of a dick rider for Drake that you gonna hate on a girl getting shot just coz Drake is doing it as well..? Fucking bozo.

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017

Don't forget to check out Section 80 and the Overly Dedicated mixtape. A lot of great stuff there. I especially like the dreamlike production in some of those songs.

Also, Ronald Reagan Era is one of Kendrick's best songs.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, that's the plan. Any further recs would be massively appreciated, feels like 20 years of catching up

You're gonna get wildly different recs, but in terms of critically acclaimed records in the genre in the past decade or two, I would say:

Madlib & Gibbs two collab albums Piñata & Bandana
Tyler the Creator, check out either Flower Boy or Igor
Nas has had an insane streak for a late career rapper. All three King's Disease records are really good, as well as some of the other projects.
We got it from Here... Thank You 4 Your service by ATCQ.
Danny Browns XXX.
Haram
by Armand Hammer & The Alchemist.

Also worth checking out some of Vince Staples, Earl Sweatshirt, stuff released on Griselda Records in the last decade.

If you are down for trap, DS2 by Future is the essential mid 10s record.

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
You're gonna get wildly different recs, but in terms of critically acclaimed records in the genre in the past decade or two, I would say:

Nas has had an insane streak for a late career rapper. All three King's Disease records are really good, as well as some of the other projects.
Danny Browns XXX.
Haram

Also worth checking out some of Vince Staples, Earl Sweatshirt, stuff released on Griselda Records in the last decade.

You got great taste my friend.

Add Atrocity Exhibition in there too

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Danny Browns XXX.
Haram

I'd also throw in billy wood's solo work especially if you like Armand Hammer. His solo work is a whole other level for me, particularly Hiding Places.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
But guys, Drake already established that he's too famous to have done that shit. Why would anyone ever bring it up again???

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017

Danny Browns XXX.
Haram

Great list, I would add in Schoolboy Q - Blank Face or even Oxymoron

DriftDrafs

Apr 13, 2024
Yeah, that's the plan. Any further recs would be massively appreciated, feels like 20 years of catching up

Earl Sweatshirt - Some Rap Songs/Sick!
Tyler, the Creator - CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST
ScHoolboy Q- Oxymoron / CrasH talk / Blue Lips
Dreamville -Revenge of the Dreamers III
JID - The Forever Story
Gabe 'Nandez - Cliquetape
Nipsey Hussle - Victory Lap
Zack Fox - shut the fuck up talking to me
Noname - Room 25

Ok, that is probably too many recommendations, but i'm going to add one from early 2000s that is still criminally slept on,

King Geedorah - Take Me To Your Leader.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
So whats this im hearing about a dog??????

There was a celebrity blind item awhile ago about the rapper Dutchavelli doing some sick shit to a dog on video, and Drake spreading the word about him being a sick fuck.

Apparently, that video is now going around, and it was sent to DJ academics who watched it in stunned silence on his livestream — though you can hear parts of it through the audio. It sounds fucking horrible.

Anyway, no one fact checks anything so now people are spreading the lie that it is Drake in the video with the dog. But, as I said, the blind item only claimed Drake knew about the tape, not that he was involved in any way.

Dec 17, 2022
JID - The Never Story
Denzel Curry & Kenny Beats - Unlocked
Noname - Telefone
Saba - Care For Me
Little Simz - Sometimes I Might Be Introvert

Also
Benny the Butcher - Tanna Talk 3, Burden of Proof
Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor, The Cool
Ghostface Killah - Fishscale
Earl Sweatshirt - Doris
Czarface - Czarface meets Ghostface, Czarface meets Metal Face, Super What?
Raekwon - Only Built for Cuban Linx 2
Anderson Paak - Malibu (not hiphop but very good)
Little Brother - The Minstrel Show
MED, Blu, Madlib - Bad Neighbor
De La Soul - Anonnymous Nobdy
Westside Gunn, Conway - Hall & Nash 2
Tyler the Creator - Call me if you get Lost: Estate Sale

Last edited:

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So whats this im hearing about a dog??????

There's two different things. There's the Dutchavelli thing Shadowrun posted above, which is about a video of Dutchavelli getting his ass eaten by a dog. Then there's the fact that multiple sources have come forward about being offered videos of Drake having girls eat out of/puke into dog bowls (not entirely clear which of the two it is). Rumour (from one of the blind items that was posted before) is Kendrick has seen those videos, which is why he mentions dogs in one of the diss tracks. And of course it would give a very different meaning to his For All the Dogs album title.

oh shit im late lol. The identity got exposed?

As far as we know it's a man, his name is out there if you look for it. People figured out who it was, found his personal IG and he deleted it. Not sure why Vagabond calls The Riddler "her".

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I would argue that no amount of fame can compensate for coming out of a battle with people chanting that you're a pedophile in the club.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So Drake is now the 2 time champ. In taking Ls. Wonder if he will ever try another beef in the future.

no chance in hell he'll try to start this up again lol, he'll be pretending that kendrick doesn't exist like he does pusha
I don't think he can help himself throwing subliminals, one of the main reasons this started back up is Drake took shots at Pharrell and Pusha on that Travis Scott album. Give him another hit or two and he'll feel invincible again and probably start this back up, i could be wrong though a club hit with pedo accusations is uncharted territory.

Dec 17, 2022
I think the Drake ship has sailed.

Even for those following the drama just a lil bit on youtube (ot tiktok) the algorithm now just floods your content with "Drake did this" or "Drake did that". I just had a vid pop up mentioning he allegedly groomed Katlyn Jenner and slept with Caitlyn Jenner, and I don't follow Kardashians/Jenners.

The pdf file talk is bad enough… but it's a summer bop and ongoing meme that's oozed outside of hiphop circles into pop-culture. Feels like Drizzy may be walking into a slow and quiet decline (which feels weird considering how he's been everywhere before this started. Still can't believe he was in Anchorman 2… feels like a fever dream).