Votes: 152 18.1%
  • Not Like Us

Votes: 358 42.6%
  • Other

Votes: 16 1.9%

• Total voters

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
It's been pretty clear dating back to the ghostwriting rumors that Kendrick is not a big fan of Drake. That was in 2015.

Doesn't surprise me that Kendrick feels a type of way by always being lumped into the Big 3 with Drake. Doubt it's anything too serious (especially with Cole) but I'm always open to rap beef lol

KhrossSF

Jul 8, 2020
Was bound to happen , weirdo industry shit and Future and Drake sharing the same females it was bound to happen. Also Future felt a certain type of way about Drake & 21 Savage album.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
If Meek and Pusha couldn't knock Drake off, I doubt Kendrick will fare any better, especially with just bars when they went after his person and he was still able to brush it off

But it will definitely make for some good music, especially if Cole gets involved

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
It's been pretty clear dating back to the ghostwriting rumors that Kendrick is not a big fan of Drake. That was in 2015.

Doesn't surprise me that Kendrick feels a type of way by always being lumped into the Big 3 with Drake. Doubt it's anything too serious (especially with Cole) but I'm always open to rap beef lol

The Drake turn makes sense: since he brought Kendrick on his first tour apparently he feels responsible for his success (lol, as if Dr. Dre saying he's got next didn't matter) and is annoyed he's not as critically acclaimed.

Normally who gives a fuck, Drake is richer than anyone and is one of the top five pop acts on the planet, he's extremely popular. But you're talking about a rapper who was still seething about the half second he dated Serena Williams and a Jazz artist beating him on a new artist grammy…just last year. He's a petty bitter person.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
It's fun and shit, for all the sport and bragging shit but I'd rather these 3 just get on the same track. Been waiting on a Cole Kendrick collab

It absolutely blows my mind that anybody could consider Drake to be a top 3 rapper.

Pretty solid diss track.

If you consider the lane he's in, pop rap? He's absolutely in the current top 3 right now

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
this was ok. kendrick not rly battle tested like that (not his fault but still... disses and subs arent rly his strong suit) - i personally think cole and drake would kill him. but don't get me wrong kendrick is the better artist by far

Funkelpop

Banned
Sep 2, 2022
If Meek and Pusha couldn't knock Drake off, I doubt Kendrick will fare any better, especially with just bars when they went after his person and he was still able to brush it off

But it will definitely make for some good music, especially if Cole gets involved

No one said he was going to knock him off. Today's rap beefs don't end careers like they used to.

Kendrick being a victim of his own success will never not be entertaining.

Critically successful albums and even winning a Pulitzer Prize made him a victim?🤔

RUFF BEEST

Banned
Jun 10, 2022
Toronto, ON
The track doesn't sound very good... Who put this beat together? Yeesh. I've heard Lonely Island songs that go harder. And I really get bored with Future's rapping, it just sounds like he has no energy and I start zoning out tbh. Once Kendrick starts I wake up, at least.

Also, I grew up with "Real Muthaphukkin Gs" vs "Dre Day" man, this is pretty tame comparatively. A couple of "I'm the king" jabs thrown, not out-and-out disrespect and animosity by any means.

Yeah, that's more fucking like it. Fuck Metro Boomin someone yank his aux cable

Last edited:

Puroresu_kid

Oct 28, 2017

Meek isnt even in the conversation with that wack as diss track he dropped. Pusha T never really got the chance. If Drake would of hit back Pusha T had more bullets in the chamber.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Critically successful albums and even winning a Pulitzer Prize made him a victim?🤔
I meant in terms of not having enough power and influence to change the landscape of hip hop. This constant disappointment he has with who is at the top next to him. This is on top of the beef he's had with Drake since 2013.

Last edited:

kingslunk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Drake ain't been the same since Pusha lmao. Don't try to act like Drake won that.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
The track doesn't sound very good... Who put this beat together? Yeesh. I've heard Lonely Island songs that go harder. And I really get bored with Future's rapping, it just sounds like he has no energy and I start zoning out tbh. Once Kendrick starts I wake up, at least.

Also, I grew up with "Real Muthaphukkin Gs" vs "Dre Day" man, this is pretty tame comparatively. A couple of "I'm the king" jabs thrown, not out-and-out disrespect and animosity by any means.

Yeah, that's more fucking like it. Fuck Metro Boomin someone yank his aux cable

Low key, this Future/Metro album is trash. Future's last project was way better, same with Metro's.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
They're slap boxing, this isn't a real diss. 7/10.

Anyway, holy fuck that song is trash. Beat's fire, but for the life of me, I don't know why anyone likes Future. Never heard Metro before this, and I hope to never hear him after this too.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
They're slap boxing, this isn't a real diss. 7/10.

Anyway, holy fuck that song is trash. Beat's fire, but for the life of me, I don't know why anyone likes Future. Never heard Metro before this, and I hope to never hear him after this too.

Boomin is usually a producer, never heard any of his verses and, tbh, if he has one on this track I couldn't pick it out from Future's.

Not gonna push back against that track being basura though. Feel like KDot could've at least picked a better beat to throw those bars on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
This feels like a work, far from a Nikki Megan situation, that's a real beef

Ehh, Id argue this is probably realer. Nikki's been beefing with anyone and everyone for literally no reason, female rappers she's never met etc who usually act confused and let slide with one Bronx based exception. Always oddly timed around record or single releases😀

Only reason that beef got press was because someone finally clapped back and she had what seemed to be a subsequent meltdown

Funkelpop

Banned
Sep 2, 2022
Boomin is usually a producer, never heard any of his verses and, tbh, if he has one on this track I couldn't pick it out from Future's.

Not gonna push back against that track being basura though. Feel like KDot could've at least picked a better beat to throw those bars on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why assume he let out his entire ammunition? Could be a bait song to have them respond for another diss lined up.

Same thing Pusha did. 🤣

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Big Steppers is an insanely good album and anybody saying different needs a checkup. if you ask me, he's still the goat, commercially successful while still making art and saying something with his flows.

Kendrick's verse on "like that" is really good, but it's backed by a clown car level beat. The production on his verse is great though, it's layered so he's basically interrupting himself. There's a bunch of great lines in there too. , "before all your dogs getting buried That's a K with all these nines, he gonna see Pet Sematary." fire.

edit: teaser for the J.Cole track earlier in the thread is pretty good too.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017

Meek ain't that. That verse was trash

Push literally sonned Drake. The Empire was still around after Death Star blew up but that shit still hurt.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
That shit was super light. Thread title had me thinking Kendrick was bombing on people.

That verse barely warrants a response because he was spraying into a crowd with beanbag rounds.

Beat is petrol though. I wish I could have a 5-minute instrumental.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Nah the beat is fire. People clowning the beat idk what yall want but the beat is heat. Anytime someone is on this beat is dope. Wayne did it justice on D3 back in the day.

Same with the Cole and Drake clowning. Cole has gotten a lot better but even before that he was in the Big 3. Drake, people forget that when was coming out he was the "savior of hiphop aka Wayne's student." Around then we were in the Ringtone Rap Era, we were dealing with more dance and meme rap rather than lyrics. Even if Drake has had peaks and valleys you can't tell me that So Far Gone wasn't fire. That album really helped push hiphop into the next wave especially for us in the younger generation.

But yeah I'm here for Dot and Future vs Cole and Drake tag team battle.

Somebody make the tag belts asap.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Non-joking aside, the freestyle track that Big Sean dropped was good though. The freestyles on various stations that he's done over the past few years have been 🔥 like... No wasted bars at all... and Detroit 2 (his prior album) was a good album. It's shame that it's all had to happen to him like this when he was ready to return after his fatherhood transition.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ehh, Id argue this is probably realer. Nikki's been beefing with anyone and everyone for literally no reason, female rappers she's never met etc who usually act confused and let slide with one Bronx based exception. Always oddly timed around record or single releases😀

Only reason that beef got press was because someone finally clapped back and she had what seemed to be a subsequent meltdown

After looking into the drake Kendrick history, yeah, I see it. Indojt really believe Kendrick has much ill will for J. Cole, but it looks like he really hates drake.

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
GKMC was Kendricks best album imo. Really great album. His last 3 projects weren't as good imo. They weren't for me. I hope j Cole responds with a diss, it's time for a surgical summer again.