• Not Like Us

Votes: 238 39.3%
  • Other

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Good morning everyone!

Really enjoyed Kendrick's 6:16 track from yesterday.

Looking forward to seeing if Drake responds over the next few days...

how-do-we-tell-him-mr-krabs.png

Feb 16, 2022
i dont think he has sommit else ready i think he was just doing his meme shit, but if he did he might as well throw that shit out
Oh yea, I was just saying someone like him isn't exactly in the position to be doing something on his own without nobody knowing, because he's so incompetent he needs people to do shit for him

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna run "Family Matters" back again because I really didn't jive with it. I thought he had some bars but the construction is haphazard and it feels so bloated. It didn't feel nearly as catchy as "Euphoria," and "Push Ups" on the first few listens.

to each their own for sure and yeah it loses steam in the sound. I think that first part is crazy though whew. It's the drake music I missed lol

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Our children will look back at this period of time and be shocked that all these we released with a month.

Even Drake's stuff has been actually good. And I would include 7 Minute Drill in this. Kindergarten-level disses aside, I remember it fondly. Reminds me of a simpler, gentler world.

sonicmj1

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit.

I can't look away from this, but it's not really a competition anymore. What Kendrick is alleging here is a fucking problem. I don't want to listen to anything Drake has to say anymore.

The difference between Family Matters and Meet the Grahams is focus and narrative-building. Family Matters is the first time I really feel like I've heard Drake mad, and he said things that were meant to be hurtful. Some of those things are based on things we already know; some are based on rumors, some are obvious lies. I think it's plausible that Kendrick Lamar had a domestic violence incident, but leading with that Dave Free shit is childish, "condom on the baby seat" stuff. There's the pieces of a larger story about who Kendrick Lamar is that might be damaging (insecure in his blackness, finding his identity in white women, secretly resentful of his community), but it doesn't come together into a complete picture, diluted by the section of disses at everyone else involved and by the scattershot nature of how everything fits together. It's painful and harsh, but I don't know what to believe.

Meet the Grahams is a complete story of a specific sort of person, told through his family members, that is absolutely scathing about his character in ways that feel plausible to me. Drake would not be the first (or second, or third) disconnected celebrity in rap who is shallow and desperate for approval, who abuses substances and surgeries, who uses his power to control women and prey on them, and it fits with his past beefs and how he talks about relationships. Because he has had one hidden child already, it's easier to believe he's had a second. Because of what Kendrick is showing on the cover art and how quickly he dropped this after Family Matters, it's easier to believe that he has access to information. The overall effect, combined with Kendrick's delivery, is devastating. What he does here would be an absolutely horrific thing to do someone if it's all made up, and I'd like to think Kendrick wouldn't dismantle an innocent man for clout.

6:16 was a warning, and I don't think Drake even registered it. I think he had Family Matters ready to go for a while, and was putting the finishing touches on the video. That Buried Alive intro was actually sorta clever even if it was separated from the main track. Too bad it got completely stepped on.

This whole thing should end here. I hope nobody gets hurt.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna run "Family Matters" back again because I really didn't jive with it. I thought he had some bars but the construction is haphazard and it feels so bloated. It didn't feel nearly as catchy as "Euphoria," and "Push Ups" on the first few listens.
I think it's trying to be both catchy and lyrically dense and it's doing worse at both than Euphoria, which holds your attention all the way through while painting a clear picture and fleshing out its ideas instead of coming across as a total haphazard shotgun approach at every direction. It really drags at parts and has a lot more questionable bars than Push Ups. Though Meet the Grahams kinda bleached it from my memory.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Coming back home after watching Schoolboy Q live and seeing all this shit drop has been amazing lmao.

Also the crowd going fuck Drake to Q was pretty funny lol

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Mackwop and some of TDE watched the Drake video. Mackwop called cap on the domestic abuse allegations and said if it were true he wouldn't be fucking with Kendrick.

Also they said rumor is Kendrick's got something ELSE after this so if Drake does anything then he's dropping it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYpKmw7d9r0

slider

Nov 10, 2020
Wish the Kendrick stuff would come to Apple Music quicker. So far I only have Euphoria.

Ditched Spotify after Rogan so I'm bummed.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Man I know the graham track is specifically directed at Drake, but it feels like something a lot of people need to hear. Even though it's directly aimed at Drake, it's also more of a critique of the part of the industry he kind of represents. It's a crazy track man.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
drake sounds like he's most upset about Future switching up on him lol

like that man is sick to his stomach and so am I. no more future/drake collabs? smh

Huncho

Jun 10, 2020
Man, Kendrick heard that song for a while. 😭
We are eating good ! Both are releasing the songs that we wanted. 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

DannySan

Sep 13, 2023
After falling this easily for the meet the grahams trap I'd just vault everything I had on Kendrick. Come home from Turks like

dave-peace.gif

beef? who's talking about beef?

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I keep seeing this, and I hope we get more information later, but I don't think Cole was ever supposed to be in this.

I don't think Kendrick had all this bile built up waiting to be offloaded onto the next random guy who dissed him. Kendrick was always going after Drake. J Cole just happened to catch a stray and allowed his fans/team to gas him into responding.

In short: Cole was never really in danger, and seeing people pretend like he strategically dodged a bullet is approaching meme territory.
Drake was the main target, but Cole did receive some small soft disses on Like That. He represents First Person Shooter as much as Drake, and his big 3 bar was called out and attacked. It was the highlight of the beef. It's meme worthy because we didn't know how personal and hateful this beef would get, despite all the signs telling us that it was gonna get to this point. So even though we made fun of him for it, Cole was in the right to back away.

Although, I think Cole and Kendrick would have kept their beef friendly.

Last edited:

Marvelous

Nov 3, 2017
Man I know the graham track is specifically directed at Drake, but it feels like something a lot of people need to hear. Even though it's directly aimed at Drake, it's also more of a critique of the part of the industry he kind of represents. It's a crazy track man.
No doubt. It's interesting when you consider it in the greater part of Kendrick's discography-- addressing familial problems, and particularly father issues on Morale-- Meet The Grahams is simultaneously a diss track to Drake and a postcard from therapy directly to the children who are a result of toxic/abusive family dynamics he's been speaking about for the past few years.

GifGafJef

Dec 19, 2022
Dont really follow rap/hiphop that much let alone the drama around some of them but damn this is wild.

So i know the 7 minute drill is not gonna be on spotify after being deleted but will kendricks 2 new ones be on spotify later?

Last edited:

Marvelous

Nov 3, 2017
I hope you die is a positive statement? Miss me with that. Kendrick nor Drake are deep. They're actually what they are calling each other. Immature frauds.
Kendrick is alleging Drake is a pedophile and abets to pedophile sex trafficking; if he truly believes it, I don't think it's a stretch for a decent person to wish someone like that to be dead. That sentiment is shared on this forum every day by very decent people, look as recently as the Diddy news after what he was found out doing. I think a part of you being unable to comprehend that comes from your lack of wanting to even try taking the words said seriously.

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017
I expected to wake up to the Drake record today, not the reply.
Incredible to watch him get clotheslined time and again with each response since Infrared.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's bugging me that the lyrics in the Family Matter video don't match up with what he's saying lol.

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
This is getting out of hand lmao
I will say I like Family Matters more then Push Ups but it's euphoria that's been stuck in my head all week.

Meet the Grahams has truly rattled Drake hasn't it?

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Never got a chance to ask this cause of well.. you know.. but wtf was happening in the last third of the family matters video? Drake just talking to some dude?

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Man…. Fell asleep earlier than usual and popped up around 1:30 am….

Dammmmmmn what did I stumble into.

Thank you Drake and Kenny!

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Meet the grahams is the final act in the single greatest diss of all time. This will never be topped. Every bar orchestrated for maximum final effect at the climax. This is like some shit from a movie where you complain the final scenes are unbelievable.