Votes: 238 39.3%
  • Other

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
whew-meme.gif

This got some heat to it!

Your move Kenny.... I want some more of that Euphoria energy now!

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
From the actual reaction videos to the written reactions on social media, Kendrick is in total control of the narrative here. Drake might be the most successful rapper of all time by sheer numbers, but whenever he tried to go toe to toe with Kendrick, he loses on all possible fronts. Incredible stuff.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
This shit got dark, but the silver lining is that now we can all agree that J. Cole ain't top 3.

That makes me happy.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
100% serious, they're both boring but at least Drake had more funny lines.
We're talking about two adults writing about the least interesting things possible, they both sound like two highschoolers ngl. Rap beef in Europe are better.
Pusha T did it better

Like what you like and all, but you are aware that there are more songs than just Pushups, Taylor Made, and Euphoria...right? There's been three songs just today.

Figured I'd check, because domestic abuse, being a full on predator into young girls, and hiding yet again another child isn't 99% of what we knew already.

This was me two hours ago. I was catching up in the thread to read the responses for 6:16. I was wondering why it was moving so damn quick. Saw there was a Drake tune, and figured that was it. Hell naw it wasn't.

Is this beef going to produce the most responses ever? Cause we are at five tracks already, and no signs of it stopping.

Dont really rap/hiphop that much let alone the drama around some of them but damn this is wild.

So i know the 7 minute drill is not gonna be on spotify after being deleted but will kendricks 2 new ones be on spotify later?

Might be sample clearance issues (particularly with 6:16), we'll have to see.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Out of the entire thing from Drakes camp I find Family Matters the only one actually enjoyable to listen to from Aubrey.

But I'll be playing Like That, Euphoria and Meet the Grahams much more.

GifGafJef

Dec 19, 2022
Yea hearing 6 16 in la again. i need that on Spotify soon. Really repeatable. Liking that beat.

Haven't listened to Kendricks new one yet. Cant believe he put that out so soon after. Euphoria was originally 17 minutes right? Was that confirmed? so i guess he split it into 4-5? Probably has more ready to unload.

I dont think i have encountered a committed hater like Kendrick witht hese.He really is the biggest hater damn.Just some straight up Comicbook villain level pettiness. The Euphoria track is really aging well though. He really can predict all of Drake's angles.

Out of the entire thing from Drakes camp I find Family Matters the only one actually enjoyable to listen to from Aubrey.

But I'll be playing Like That, Euphoria and Meet the Grahams much more.

Yea Kendrick is definitely in the lead but i dont think Drake and or his ghosts are doing terrible or anything. Kendrick is just ahead and going all in while playing with him too.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
The Drake track is solid but he cannot carry a track that length and it pales in comparison to euphoria just this week. His delivery is smooth but that's all it is. Video is corny is hell but that's a given.

Meet the Grahams is truly mean spirited but a continuation of a dissection of Drake's character that has just not been matched. One of the best to do it for a reason.

I don't know where this shit goes from here 💀

Oct 29, 2017
Kendrick is alleging Drake is a pedophile and abets to pedophile sex trafficking; if he truly believes it, I don't think it's a stretch for a decent person to wish someone like that to be dead. That sentiment is shared on this forum every day by very decent people, look as recently as the Diddy news after what he was found out doing. I think a part of you being unable to comprehend that comes from your lack of wanting to even try taking the words said seriously.
If Kendrick believed what he said, then why not go to the police? But he paints someone as a sex offender for a song he's making money off? These are serious allegations Kendrick is throwing out there. There's real victims and Kendrick is using this for money and clout. The adult thing to do is not make a diss record and find authorities to get the victims justice.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
If Kendrick believed what he said, then why not go to the police? But he paints someone as a sex offender for a song he's making money off? These are serious allegations Kendrick is throwing out there. There's real victims and Kendrick is using this for money and clout. The adult thing to do is not make a diss record and find authorities to get the victims justice.
According to him in the song, a raid on his shit is incoming so if he's not bullshitting, it's already been moving in the background probably a decent amount of time before he even wrote any of these. Investigations on this type stuff usually take a while before they actually become public and known to everyone.
Kendrick warned him several times that he will take it further than whatever supposed red button he had and even gave him a heads up that he has a leak. There were a lot of hints to it being pedo stuff.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017

You think police will do something

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
It's possible that the real victims told him they didn't want to go to trial.

That said I am waiting on more concrete stuff too and I'm sure we will get it sooner or later.

GifGafJef

Dec 19, 2022
Again don't follow rap beef as much but what are other scathing disses like Meet the Grahams? As in that that goes that nasty and mean spirited in such depth?
What have i never listened to?

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Hate to respond twice fast, but Im reeling. That Family Matters track from Drake was barely okay. It had a lil something but not much. Drake can really fit a melody though, the shit makes you nod.

But the lyricism of Kendrick is just next fucking level. He fucking smoked him with Meet the Grahams. That shit is ice fucking cold destruction man.

Jesus fucking Christ. Finally something that goes hard that doesn't need hyperbole to back that claim up. Fucking eviscerated him. And in SHORT ORDER too. I mean cmon man, its been hours right?

Nigga Drake needs to regroup. This shit is wild. K.Dot is not fucking Meek Mill, he got you on your heels boy.

Oct 27, 2017
Even though this reply doesn't seem like it was made in good faith, sure, I'll bite.

If these allegations are true, then it's the same as EVERY OTHER allegation of this nature: You defer to the wishes and voices of the actual victims. You can't just drag victims out and force the police to move against their will. Kendrick would be a massive piece of shit if he reported all this to the police (lol) instead of giving the survivors their own agency to make that call.

All he can realistically do is shine a light on it to embolden the people who suffered from Drake's circle.

Oct 29, 2017
According to him in the song, a raid on his shit is incoming so if he's not bullshitting, it's already been moving in the background probably a decent amount of time before he even wrote any of these. Investigations on this type stuff usually take a while before they actually become public and known to everyone.
Kendrick warned him several times that he will take it further than whatever supposed red button he had and even gave him a heads up that he has a leak. There were a lot of hints to it being pedo stuff.
Then great. Put him in jail!

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I sincerely believe that they talked after Cole dropped his tape, and Kendrick told him that this was not about him.

I have no respect for Cole in this beef. Not because he bowed out, but because he allowed himself to be peer-pressured to do something he clearly did not want to do in the first place.

It's possible they talked. If so, I still don't think he should have apologized… he should have just let that one record be the end of it.

I really ain't bothered by him getting "pressured" or whatever. I feel like, even if it wasn't directed squarely at him, he def caught a stray, and there ain't nothing wrong with feeling the need to be competitive in that situation. I guess my question is, why didn't he want to do it?

Dude has such a crazy run for the last 2-3 years, I feel like the hype for The Fall Off deflated, not because 7 min drill was whack, but because he said he's sorry. People just wanna see people who say they are the best handle themselves in the ring.

Not only that, but his approach was wrong. He shouldn't have when at Kendrick's discography. He could've just some of that technical shit that he's good at, while reaffirming his #1 in the big 3. He been doing friendly competition type be verses for years. "Fuck the rest I'm the best nigga out/ When I'm back home I'm the best in the South / When I'm in LA I'm the best in the West/ You contest? you can test, I'mma stretch niggas out

Ok, do that then. Like clearly, that's a friendly Jab at Kendrick. So why can't feel good about throwing more when he catches a stray? That's just basic hip hop at the top. It just don't make sense to me.

Last edited:

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
It's possible they talked. If so, I still don't think he should have apologized… he should have just let that one record be the end of it.

I really ain't bothered by him getting "pressured" or whatever. I feel like, even if it wasn't directed squarely at him, he def caught a stray, and there ain't nothing wrong with feeling the need to be competitive in that situation. I guess my question is, why didn't he want to do it?

Dude has such a crazy run for the last 2-3 years, I feel like the hype for The Fall Off deflated, not because 7 min drill was whack, but because he said he's sorry. People just wanna see people who say they are the best handle themselves in the ring.
idk j cole looking pretty good in all this right now I think he'll be okay in the end

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
like that was a great first shot, push ups was good, not giving taylor made any attention for that ai shit, euphoria was amazing, 6 16 was eerie, family matters was heat, but good fucking god almighty meet the grahams is... pure seething hatred

Feb 16, 2022
Yeah I'm no fan of J Cole but I definitely respect him a ton for apologizing and bowing out. Then again I think the toxic masculinity front that's generally expected from emcees in this subculture is outdated and unnecessary anyway, so what the fuck do I know lol.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
Left the house yesterday not long after 616 dropped.

Wake up today to 2 more tracks? 🤯

Drake's is good, his flows were fire and he came with an energy you don't normally see from him. Still no killer blows though, and he needs them at this point.

And then Kendrick didn't give it a moment to breath lol, cut the legs off Drakes response completely. Talking to the man's family over that beat is sinister as hell, Jesus.

Might be time to get J Prince on the phone.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
Having finally caught up with everything, I will simply echo what millions of people have already said before me and that is J Cole was incredibly smart to retract his track and bow out when he did.

Because this between Drake and Kendrick is on an insane level.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
every track from drake has felt like an antic aimed at the audience while it feels like Kendrick's are purely for drake. Every Drake track feels like his typical radio stuff

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
I think Kendrick will have to address the abuse allegation at some point, right? For now, the only one saying it is Drake so if Kenny denies it, I'll take him at his word. But if he doesn't say anything or if he tries to duck it, that would seriously change my perception of him.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Drake dropped fire but Kendrick just has a mile in there, event he cover art lmao

Marvelous

Nov 3, 2017
You're suggesting that, a black man, in America, as we know it, who has spent the past two decades dedicating his life to art screaming to the high heavens about how the police, the government, the justice system all cannot be trusted by black people, go to the police, in order to snitch on another black man, and expect positive results. I feel like that speaks for itself.

But I appreciate you're seeing the other side of this: yes, these are serious allegations. But Kendrick is not directly involved in them, he only knows about them because of this supposed-to-be-friendly poetry squabble that is rap beef. Yes, there are potentially real victims that are suffering and no one's doing anything about them. If this turns out to be true, then Kendrick have used his most powerful asset, the social reach of his platform, to make the right people aware of Drake's wrongdoing. At the end of the day, Kendrick is a music artist, not a sex trafficking investigator, it shouldn't be up to him to play vigilante; he does exactly what he does best: he raps about the issue.

This is potentially no different from when Hannibal Buress reignited the flame on Bill Cosby; the industry already knew of Cosby's heinous crimes but nobody cared, and so the victims found their justice by way of Hannibal throwing some stuff out on a comedy special. And so he's a big part of why those victims founds their justice by bringing awareness to it. Time and time again I see people hope that those with a platform will utilize their platform for good, and if what Kendrick is saying is true, that's just what he's doing here.

On the other hand, if Kendrick is talking out of his ass, the entire foundation he built his life and career on are destroyed beyond repair. I'm not telling you what to believe, but don't you have to admit that there might be more to this than you're willing to let on?

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I think Kendrick will have to address the abuse allegation at some point, right? For now, the only one saying it is Drake so if Kenny denies it, I'll take him at his word. But if he doesn't say anything or if he tries to duck it, that would seriously change my perception of him.
He already said drake was lying

Huncho

Jun 10, 2020
A shame that the people carrying rap are near 40. They won't ever have a Shaq and Kobe type of reconciliation.

Drake is too much in the light, dissing people, fake beefing. People will always believe Kendrick, lie or not.

Excited to see how it going to end and the ramifications it will have.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
This some crazy shit, somebody playing Among Us over at Drakes side.

I thought Family Matters was pretty good, had some funny lines and some new tea.

But then the frame 0 response from Kendrick aint even let me process wtf going on, shit is devious as hell.

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
He did, sort of, address it though. In prior releases, essentially warning Drake not to tell lies about him.

There are plenty of hints in there that allude to Kendrick knowing exactly what was coming.

EDIT: quoted the wrong person.

Oct 29, 2017
You're suggesting that, a black man, in America, as we know it, who has spent the past two decades dedicating his life to art screaming to the high heavens about how the police, the government, the justice system all cannot be trusted by black people, go to the police, in order to snitch on another black man, and expect positive results. I feel like that speaks for itself.

But I appreciate you're seeing the other side of this: yes, these are serious allegations. But Kendrick is not directly involved in them, he only knows about them because of this supposed-to-be-friendly poetry squabble that is rap beef. Yes, there are potentially real victims that are suffering and no one's doing anything about them. If this turns out to be true, then Kendrick have used his most powerful asset, the social reach of his platform, to make the right people aware of Drake's wrongdoing. At the end of the day, Kendrick is a music artist, not a sex trafficking investigator, it shouldn't be up to him to play vigilante; he does exactly what he does best: he raps about the issue.

This is potentially no different from when Hannibal Buress reignited the flame on Bill Cosby; the industry already knew of Cosby's heinous crimes but nobody cared, and so the victims found their justice by way of Hannibal throwing some stuff out on a comedy special. And so he's a big part of why those victims founds their justice, by bringing awareness to it. Time and time again I see people hope that those with a platform will utilize their platform for good, and if what Kendrick is saying is true, that's just what he's doing here.

On the other hand, if Kendrick is talking out of his ass, the entire foundation he built his life and career on are destroyed beyond repair. I'm not telling you what to believe, but don't you have to admit that there might be more to this than you're willing to let on?
i actually agree with you on this. Thank you for posting this. I also think it's every bit as tasteless as Drake accusing Kendrick being a Wife abuser.