Votes: 113 20.1%
  • Not Like Us

Votes: 214 38.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 2.0%

• Total voters

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
It's the narrative that Drake pushed. Started with Back to Back (waited 4 days for y'all), then dropped within 24 hours of Infared and Ak and a bunch of people were talking about "Push got 48 hours or it don't count". After that we have this beef where Drake is literally like "hurry up Kendrick, WE NEED YOU".

Drake has had 3 high profile beefs and in each one speed was a big factor to them.
yeah, sounds like the type of lame shit that Drake would do.
But those lil memes are losing steam.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
We need a "How it began…How it ended" AK meme!!!!
How it began

vratislava-decko.gif

How the middle went

drake-kendrick-lamar.gif

How it ended

GMuLbEcasAAs-ZZ

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm actually embarrassed for Drake. He needs to go radio silent for a long time and just hope Kendrick gets bored of him.

The4thJeazy

May 14, 2020
Yeah Drake need to let it go cuz it sounds like Meet The Grahams is leading to another song at the end so I think Kdot is ready to drop another right away

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
ak has every reason to be neutral in this, getting name dropped by dot was a win no matter what was said, but wearing that look on your face says it all. He really is compromised lol, work on that poker face. Claiming dot is viewbotting only puts the cherry on top.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
See too much praise for Cole at this point.

No.

His diss was a weak as shit. Calling Kendrick's discography sleepy, saying he's better, etc etc.

"If he wasn't dissin', then we wouldn't be discussin' him / Lord, don't make me have to smoke this n—a 'cause I fuck with him / But push come to shove, on this mic, I will humble him."

And at Dreamville he said this:

"I was conflicted because, one, I know my heart—you know what I mean?—and, like, I know how I feel about my peers, these two n****s that I just been blessed to even stand beside in this game [Drake and Kendrick Lamar], let alone chase, chase they greatness, right? So, I felt conflicted 'cause I'm like, bruh, I know I don't really feel no way. But the world wanna see blood!"

J. Cole continued, "I moved in a way that I feel, spiritually feel bad on it." He also said he was trying to be competitive and "friendly" with "7 Minute Drill," but that, ultimately, the final song "don't sit right with my spirit."

After explaining himself, Cole had a pair of questions for the Raleigh, North Carolina, crowd: "How many people think Kendrick Lamar is one of the greatest motherfuckers to ever touch a fuckin' microphone? Dreamville, y'all love Kendrick Lamar, correct?" He gave his own answer, too: "As do I."

First of all, Cole didn't really have to reply at all (neither did Drake tbh).

Second of all, Cole did reply and it was weak as shit.

Third, Cole literally lost sleep over what he said and publically apologized and removed his track online. That's fine. That's admitting to your mistake. But it's less about "these two really hate each other" and more "shit I can't fucking do this".

LTG

Nov 4, 2017
Kendrick has literally only communicated through 4 songs this whole time and has caused so much chaos.

No memes, no Instagram photodumps, no Akademics meetings to control the narrative.
At this point this beef cannot be about who is the GOAT it's already clear, it's been very clear even prior to this.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the way MtG ends really feels pretty abrupt too. Basically going "There is more of this if you want it"

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm off base and/or don't understand everything alluded to in the song, but I don't feel like MTG is as good of a response as some people are saying.

A lot of what he covers is low hanging fruit I thought would've been covered earlier about Drake being creepy and a deadbeat.

Moreover the entire premise of the song seems predicated on the idea that this is retaliation for Drake bringing his family into this when the references in the song were exclusively about how Kendrick himself treats his fiancé and possibly is a cheater. It seems like he heard the name of the song and created this based only on that information because he doesn't really respond to what he was actually accused of which ends up lending it credence since he is acting like this release was some kind of 4D chess move and he can anticipate everything.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Maybe I'm off base and/or don't understand everything alluded to in the song, but I don't feel like MTG is as good of a response as some people are saying.

A lot of what he covers is low hanging fruit I thought would've been covered earlier about Drake being creepy and a deadbeat.

Moreover the entire premise of the song seems predicated on the idea that this is retaliation for Drake bringing his family into this when the references in the song were exclusively about how Kendrick himself treats his fiancé and possibly is a cheater. It seems like he heard the name of the song and created this based only on that information because he doesn't really respond to what he was actually accused of which ends up lending it credence since he is acting like this release was some kind of 4D chess move and he can anticipate everything.
MtG revealed a potential second hidden child.

sonicmj1

Oct 25, 2017

Drake said Kendrick's wife slept with his best friend and one of Kendrick's kids isn't his. That's not exclusively about Kendrick's conduct.

It's not a direct response for sure, and that's risky. The early part of Euphoria does block the accusations a bit for me, but not directly. Still, I think he was right enough about how ugly Family Matters got for lots of people to feel like Meet the Grahams was a proportional escalation.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Third, Cole literally lost sleep over what he said and publically apologized and removed his track online. That's fine. That's admitting to your mistake. But it's less about "these two really hate each other" and more "shit I can't fucking do this".

Knowing when to fold is a W move in the song, in poker and in life.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017

I don't get it. Kendrick said, I know your angles. You're gonna lie about me and I will tell the truth about you. Then he said, I have a mole. The. He revealed that he has pictures from inside Aubrey's house including multiple prescriptions and said you are a sex-buying loser with at least one but probably more hidden kids and you have a pedophile on payroll. and your take is, "seems a bit warmed over?" You do you, but I cannot possibly understand what shit you are on.

Nothing like this has ever happened in the history of rap beef. Everything Kendrick did from the drop was. Orchestrated to culminate in this final drop. It was all tied together.

Oct 28, 2017
I only just figured out that the van being destroyed in Family Matters is a reference to Kendrick's Good Kid, M.A.A.D City album cover.

KendrickLamarGKMCDeluxe.jpg

drake-family-matters-1200x675.jpeg

Clever by Drake. Shame they couldn't get the same rims but at least the colour matches.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
He's quoting XQC? lol.

I never really paid much attention to Drake before, but I've listened to a lot of Kendrick so I clearly have a bias here, but this doesn't seem even remotely close.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
No one wins here. It's pure ignorance that showcases why record labels have put more money behind Afro Beats.

Bro, WTF? Rap beef is the best promotion. Labels love this shit.

Kendrick finally came back outside. Drake started actually rapping. As a fan of hip hop, I'm eating over here.

Drake was the main target, but Cole did receive some small soft disses on Like That. He represents First Person Shooter as much as Drake, and his big 3 bar was called out and attacked. It was the highlight of the beef. It's meme worthy because we didn't know how personal and hateful this beef would get, despite all the signs telling us that it was gonna get to this point. So even though we made fun of him for it, Cole was in the right to back away.

Although, I think Cole and Kendrick would have kept their beef friendly.

Cole was gonna minimized in this battle anyway. Drake v Kendrick is personal. Cole v Kendrick had 0 potential to be anything other than a battle of skills, which physically can't be toxic enough to get attention when two guys are going at each others characters. Kendrick wasn't about to try to go back and forth with Cole over who raps the best, when dismantling Drake's character was at hand.

Cole shouldn't have apologized. He should have just let K dot and Drake takeover the discussion naturally.

This shit got dark, but the silver lining is that now we can all agree that J. Cole ain't top 3.

That makes me happy.

Nah, Cole took an L via his actions, but there aren't 3 mainstream rappers out rapping Cole at this point in time.

This is so goddamn funny, bruh I can't breathe💀

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Are you even a real celebrity if you don't have ozempic, sleeping pills and addy in your bag?