Votes: 123 20.2%
  • Not Like Us

Votes: 238 39.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the whole family is here, I'm throwing something on the grill what y'all want

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
It true, lol. That's the problem. You just do it.

In between white girls of physical and powdered form Weeknd's been giving cash to social justice issues for years:

ew.com

The Weeknd donates $500K to Black Lives Matter causes, urges those who can to 'give big'

Singer and philanthropist The Weeknd donated $500,000 to various organizations supporting the Black communities after the death of George Floyd.

www.rollingstone.com

The Weeknd Donates $2 Million to Provide 18 Million Loaves of Bread to Gaza Families

The Weeknd is donating $2 million to help combat the hunger crisis in Gaza, he previously donated $2.5 million via his XO Humanitarian Fund.

It's not about being able to do a press run about it, or music video about him handing out chump change is God's plan. Which circles back to why the last line in MTG is damning.
Exactly. There's a level of cognitive dissonance required to get through Drake's shots—so much of him and his insecurities are transparent in his swipes at other rappers.

On a different note but re: the song and Weeknd specifically, all of his bars for Abel on Family Matters are jokes about Cash being gay and Weeknd's music playing in gay clubs. Y'all... have the same audience. And it'd be so easy to tear Weeknd down after the Idol debacle, right? What does it mean that this is all you can muster across two different songs? He has nothing to say.

Last edited:

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Damn. That shit cuts deep! Just throw in the towel Drake.

Your phony ass got exposed in the worst way possible. shouldn't have ignored the warnings thrown to you.

Also too many people seem to think this is "going too far", what did you expect to happen? Gimme a break, "Drake" asked for it, and got it.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I've been casually keeping up with the beef silently and I'm just sitting here wondering how anyone could respond to MTG? Especially now knowing Kendrick has trap cards lined up in case of a response.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Drake gotta go back in the booth and redo w/e the "red button" shit was.
He gotta get some dark energy beat from 36 mafia and go in or something to match Kendrick. MTG was crazy
XNBDN9F.png

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I was astonished watching MTG suck all the air and attention Family Matters was getting in real-time.
Being in that moment digesting Family Matters only to get the twitter notification that Kendrick dropped again, listening to the shit with my jaw dropped from the first line.

This type of moment in rap will probably never happen again.

Teriyaki

Oct 27, 2017
Cole really ducked out and went back to riding in the bike lane.

Not sure how this ends. This seems way more vicious than bragging and calling someone a taebo ho ever did.

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
What Y'all think Cole is doing

I bet he kicking it with Ari right now rewatching episodes of insecure, prob s3. Must be nice.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
im about to spend my Saturday at work unproductive as fuck as i watch these reactions I been holdin off on

One of the rare times where the modern internet feels like the internet of ten years ago and not the husk of a negative time-waster it is now.

Ive consumed hours worth of comedy sets in memes and jokes just in this thread, feels like a family reunion with your funniest aunts and cousins bullshitting.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
What Y'all think Cole is doing

I bet he kicking it with Ari right now rewatching episodes of insecure, prob s3. Must be nice.

He riding his bike, getting ready to go home and watch the NBA playoffs and chat on the forums about his favorite prospect that no one else has heard of

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The child actor stuff that's been talked about today is goofy nigga 4D chess. Apparently her photo is in the background in the Family Matters video and ol boy in the bandana is her actual pops. I don't know if it's the gotcha OVO camp thinks it is. Feels more beneficial for them to discover who's leaking shit.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Alchemist is so legendary. That Meet the Grahams beat is so dark and evil.

Man, DJ's gonna keep that instrumental in their pocket for live shows and performances for years. Crowd a little dead for an opener, cut the previous track, let em regain their footing and hit em with those satanic Sinatra chords mid rant…re-rewind and let the young MC fly…

Last edited:

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
The child actor stuff that's been talked about today is goofy nigga 4D chess. Apparently her photo is in the background in the Family Matters video and ol boy in the bandana is her actual pops. I don't know if it's the gotcha OVO camp thinks it is. Feels more beneficial for them to discover who's leaking shit.
Pure copium. There's a photo of that location - with the same picture - taken in 2021 that's floating around

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
"You always rapping like you tryna get the slaves freed" this one line really sums up people's issues with Drake. The fact he thought it was a bar is crazy

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
'Cause you lied about religious views, you lied about your surgery
You lied about your accent and your past tense, all is perjury
You lied (lied) about your ghostwriters, you lied (lied) about your crew members
They all pussy, you lied on 'em, I know they all got you in 'em
You lied (lied) about your son, you lied (lied) about your daughter, huh
You lied about them other kids that's out there hopin' that you come
You lied about the only artist that can offer you some help
Fuck a rap battle, this a long life battle with yourself

That shit was chilling. Like it was haunting to hear it.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
"You always rapping like you tryna get the slaves freed" this one line really sums up people's issues with Drake. The fact he thought it was a bar is crazy
i could see him maybe getting away with that line if the whole song was focused on fakeness or some shit, but it stands out as being real side eye shit

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
'Cause you lied about religious views, you lied about your surgery
You lied about your accent and your past tense, all is perjury
You lied (lied) about your ghostwriters, you lied (lied) about your crew members
They all pussy, you lied on 'em, I know they all got you in 'em
You lied (lied) about your son, you lied (lied) about your daughter, huh
You lied about them other kids that's out there hopin' that you come
You lied about the only artist that can offer you some help
Fuck a rap battle, this a long life battle with yourself

That shit was chilling. Like it was haunting to hear it.
the "lied"s getting louder and reverbing with backing tracks the more it goes on so fuckin good

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
We really did not, as a community, sit down and digest those Pusha bots. They're real fucking weird.

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
Man I wonder how J Cole is doing, probably enjoying a nice cup of tea and biscuit.

Goddamn going from Family Matters to MTG was one hell of an experience, I really don't know what to think tbh.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Me knowing nothing about this feud, seeing that this thread has over one hundred and twenty-four pages.

ph1l0z0ph3r

Oct 27, 2017
Man I don't think I've ever hated a person as much as Kendrick hates Drake. I need that kind of energy in the gym. MTG really do sound like some serial killer track. Drake what is you doing your camp need some buckets in that bitch.