Votes: 131 19.0%
  • Not Like Us

Votes: 278 40.4%
  • Other

Votes: 13 1.9%

• Total voters

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
But isn't that just what rap beef is? Who can expose the other the hardest.

Cole apologizing and walking away is the lamest thing possible. As a spectator he'll always be the coward who didn't want to get involved. I can at least respect Drake a bit for not backing down against a fucking rap god who completely outclasses him lyrically and technically.

If you look around online, you'll see this is no longer the prevailing opinion. Cole clearly thought this was going to be a fun rappity rap hip-hop beef, and now Kendrick is saying "I hope you die, OVO is full of sex traffickers, your home's about to get raided, you have secret kids". Like, the very idea that anyone thinks that's something to get involved to throw some cute shots out at is weird. The only reason to want any part of that is if you legitimately have hate in your heart for the other person.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Ngl I don't get how anyone can give any of this to Drake. His tracks have been good but this has been pretty stupidly one sided.

I honestly dont get this angle, there's been zero separation between these two until Meet the Grahams. THAT was the difference maker. That one hits different and everyone seems to feel it. Everything prior was close enough.

Theres a leader now though, a clear one. So I want to hear what's next. Everybody begging for an end all of a sudden is crazy. Shits finally getting good, and Kendrick has more? Yall want this to end? These tracks been decent, alongside one fucking DIAMOND of a record. Keep this going

let-s-go-serious-basketball-h38zle7vpgt9kc4a.gif

They finally done "warning" each other. Later for all that.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
there are internet rumors of aubrey's dad's stolen luggage and its contents (MTG cover art) was planted by the "mole" and kdot took the bait… seems all too convenient that the incriminating items were all in one place… "shortee collection"? come on…

if true, hats off to aubrey for trolling masterfully
This is some real "those who understand strategy are in awe at Trump the master" or "I'm bleeding making me the victor" shit.

Reality is always simpler. He's an idiot starved for attention from past trauma and insecurities who constantly lies or tells on himself to stay relevant. Which makes him messy. It's no mastermind shit. He's a weird lame with paid goons who have no actual loyalty to him. So shit will always leak out by one of them telling it or his dumbass IG mother goosing story time himself.

Yeeeeeeeeeer

Oct 25, 2017
west coast
im being objective when saying if the fake mole narrative was real. Insta fingers Aubrey would have posted 20 stories, memes, laughing emojis, and proof by now. Akademiks would be shouting it from the roof
I'm not saying this is false, but if it is true, then why the hell was his first social media response "lmao where's this daughter y'all struggling" as opposed to "hahaha you dumb bitch you actually thought that suitcase was real"?
what if he's gonna address on a record?

anyway, the first thing i noticed on the MTG cover art was the "shortee collection". shit threw me off. was it a coincidence? also, the maybach gloves… maybach music is ross. again, a coincidence?

Summary of the night of 5/3 for those who didnt watch it unfold New
OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
I'm gonna recount this so people know just how bad it was

Last night Akademiks, mal, and all of the OVO associates were sounding bomb sirens for the nuke. For hours. People like Mal turn up who have been MIA for a week.

Drake is dropping hints to streamers. Ak leaves a concert he was attending early. Mal is glazing. Drake and Ak beg Kai Cenat to stay on to debut the song. Adin Ross is tapped in. People are calling him a "horror auteur" and "Jason Vorhees". They are telling us once this track drops drake will be considered the fucking "GOAT"

Drake drops a full music video. 7 minutes, beat switches, he's bringing out props. DSPs, clean version, he's teasing a buried alive spoof. Drake stans flood the internet, all socials, elated.

20 minutes later Kendrick dropped meet the grahams and all that was dead

Last edited:

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I know why Ja fell off in general, I'm just saying that's how that beef ended up. Those 50 and Pac lines are just run-of-the-mill rap threats to me, it just doesn't feel as real or as personal as this stuff. That's how I feel about this after listening to both tracks a few times, basically don't want to go back to either of them, and I can always go back to Hit Em Up, No Vaseline, the Bitch in Yoo, Ether, Takeover, Back Down and a bunch of other diss tracks.

So 50/Pac somehow get the benefit of "it's just run of the mill rap stuff" by saying "I'll kill your children" but Kendrick is personal and real for saying "your father has predator tendencies and should die like all predators". Yeah, I can't comprehend that line of thinking.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly dont get this angle, there's been zero separation between these two until Meet the Grahams. THAT was the difference maker. That one hits different and everyone seems to feel it. Everything prior was close enough.

Theres a leader now though, a clear one. So I want to hear what's next. Everybody begging for an end all of a sudden is crazy. Shits finally getting good, and Kendrick has more? Yall want this to end? These tracks been decent, alongside one fucking DIAMOND of a record. Keep this going

let-s-go-serious-basketball-h38zle7vpgt9kc4a.gif

They finally done "warning" each other. Later for all that.

The more I see takes like this the more I'm convinced y'all want someone to actually suffer physical violence. There is no more "keep this going". If either of them publishes receipts on the things they're saying, we not talking beef. Either Kendrick's going to court for DV, or Drake's going to court for being millennial Diddy. Not because they sued each other, but because cops just get involved in shit like that. Even if they go in different direction, keeping up this same level of intensity eventually means someone's going to want to fight. That clip of Kai Cenat saying "someone gotta die over this" is dramatic, but the longer this goes the closer we get to something in that neighborhood.

This ain't URL where the whole point is being as disrespectful as possible, but its all just made up bullshit.

....Also. Drake's had some really good songs but not ONE of them have been better than Kendrick's. There's been a clear winner from moment one, wtf is happening here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Err, I feel it was clear who was winning since Euphoria, but glad we all on the same page now post MTG lol

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
there are internet rumors of aubrey's dad's stolen luggage and its contents (MTG cover art) was planted by the "mole" and kdot took the bait… seems all too convenient that the incriminating items were all in one place… "shortee collection"? come on…

if true, hats off to aubrey for trolling masterfully

lmao, so he tricks Kendrick with fake shit and allegations about a secret daughter, BUT, he won't release the evidence until the next business day? he's gonna let Kendrick take a victory lap while this and all the even worse stuff lingers in the air? is that the move?

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017

Last night Akademiks, mal, and all of the OVO associates were sounding bomb sirens for the nuke. For hours. People like Mal turn up who have been MIA for a week.

Drake is dropping hints to streamers. Ak leaves the show early. Mal is glazing. Drake and Ak beg Kai Cenat to stay on to debut the song. Adin Ross is tapped in. People are calling him a "horror auteur" and "Jason Vorhees". They are telling us once this track drops drake will be considered the fucking "GOAT"

Drake drops a full music video. 7 minutes, beat switches, he's bringing out props. DSPs, clean version, he's teasing a buried alive spoof. Drake stans flood the internet, all socials, elated.

shit was surreal to witness. absolutely insane moment.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Drake stans legit that think that he is untouchable. He's not untouchable, he's just rich dude who makes party music cosplaying as a gangster.

Like how Trump MAGA hats think he is being politically prosecuted. He's not a martyr being politically prosecuted, he is a criminal in a trail.

Dec 31, 2017
At this point, it's over. Kendrick is evil. You can't win. He's in his Majin era.

My tier list:

1) MTG
2) Euphoria
3) Family Matters
4) 6:16 in LA
5) Pushups
6) Like That
7) Taylor Made

Dec 31, 2017

Drake is dropping hints to streamers. Ak leaves the show early. Mal is glazing. Drake and Ak beg Kai Cenat to stay on to debut the song. Adin Ross is tapped in. People are calling him a "horror auteur" and "Jason Vorhees". They are telling us once this track drops drake will be considered the fucking "GOAT"

Yep. Unbelievable takedown.

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017

Dot stepped on the entire fucking rollout and tbh we all thought vice versa woulda happened

I like Mal but he went out crazy on all of this. Would love to see how their pod talks about the last week of music since they been off due to Rory's bday and missed even Euphoria. Shits been crickets.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
....Also. Drake's had some really good songs but not ONE of them have been better than Kendrick's. There's been a clear winner from moment one, wtf is happening here.

yeah admittedly the funniest part of this is that Drake's best track of the feud (Family Matters) is clearly just Drake attempting to do his take on euphoria and not being able to summon the same kind of blunt force hatred

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
If a song where a grown man is talking to a child (who will hear this eventually) about how his father is a horrible person who should die doesn't make you sad I don't know what to say to you.

Also y'all are nerds on a videogame forum, please stop acting tough.

We should probably setup a hotline for the relatives of anyone involved in battle rap tbh

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017

I love how this doesn't include the first diss track Kendrick dropped that day

Yeeeeeeeeeer

Oct 25, 2017
west coast
lmao, so he tricks Kendrick with fake shit and allegations about a secret daughter, BUT, he won't release the evidence until the next business day? he's gonna let Kendrick take a victory lap while this and all the even worse stuff lingers in the air? is that the move?
we know aubrey is a compulsive mfer but revealing on a record would be more impactful than ig post

Oct 25, 2017

Thank you for this summary. It should be bookmarked

Also, lol

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
I think Drake will go down the 'planted evidence' line on his response even if it's not true. Whatever the OVO Twitter bots are saying seems to reflect what gets put on the track.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
idk if that "drop a 50 bag" hook was specifically for family matters or if it was reworked in when the beef started, but I'm mad aubrey used it on a mid diss track lol

shits kinda catchy and should've just been saved for an anthem

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
yeah admittedly the funniest part of this is that Drake's best track of the feud (Family Matters) is clearly just Drake attempting to do his take on euphoria and not being able to summon the same kind of blunt force hatred
Or understand what really makes Euphoria work, which is how well it constructs its narrative and keeps you engaged. Family Matters feels hastily constructed out of every random idea he could muster, and you can feel that while listening/watching the video.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
idk if that "drop a 50 bag" hook was specifically for family matters or if it was reworked in when the beef started, but I'm mad aubrey used it on a mid diss track lol

shits kinda catchy and should've just been saved for an anthem

Drake melodies are goated. Shit was a bop even if the diss content was hit or miss. I was really vibing with that first couple minutes

The bridge has been completely burnt between him and Kendrick lol. But I can see him working with future and metro again. Maybe not the weeknd tho.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
Still tripping on how I woke up levitating to 6:16 in LA then only got 3 hours of sleep that night because of the horror score that is Meet the Grahams. Probably the wildest day of hip hop I can recall experiencing in my life.

I do not want any more though. 😂 Please Drake, please, tap out. Go Karen mode and get the lawyers, I don't care anymore.

But real talk, drop the dissing and clean up your crew. OVO been a leaky house for as long as I can remember and its gone way too far now. You got actual nasty people around you who are gonna sabotage your career.

I hope both guys keep this same rapping energy for their next projects though. Really got some elite rapping out of this ordeal (seriously that middle section on Family Matters, Drake was rapping rapping).

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
In an alternative reality I would love to see the reactions of this if Drake decided to speak to Kendricks mother and his young children and tell them why their dad should die.

We probably would have more people realizing how weird that. Directly talking to some children when you are beefing with their parents.

I'm probably just too old for this BS but involving family members really isn't it, no matter which sides. Stupid behavior which is why rap mostly only can get mainstream attention nowadays when beef is involved or it gets violent.

Black artist have to play hunger games between each other so that one or few can be on top. Meanwhile Taylor, Morgan Wallen and Co. can just make their money without this type of BS.

I hope they don't go any further because they start to look unhinged already.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
"drake planted the mole" is a level of cope unforeseen by man nor god alike

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017

Sorry I missed it, this sounds fucking hilarious.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
If this was all a master plan by Drake he would have referenced it on Family Matters but he didn't have fuck all to say on that song or anything really prepared after so I'm not really giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
In an alternative reality I would love to see the reactions of this if Drake decided to speak to Kendricks mother and his young children and tell them why their dad should die.

We probably would have more people realizing how weird that. Directly talking to some children when you are beefing with their parents.

I'm probably just too old for this BS but involving family members really isn't it, no matter which sides. Stupid behavior which is why rap mostly only can get mainstream attention nowadays when beef is involved or it gets violent.

Black artist have to play hunger games between each other so that one or few can be on top. Meanwhile Taylor, Morgan Wallen and Co. can just make their money without this type of BS.

if drake didn't want that smoke he shouldn't have come out accusing one of kdot's kids being the result of an affair being hidden from him, or put into his kids' heads that their dad beats their mom. kendrick told drake on TWO songs this week that Kendrick wasn't gonna go here if Drake didn't go here first. Kendrick is well within his rights to go here.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017

This was an inevitability. You say that it is not it, and I agree that this is bad. But this is where we were ALWAYS going.

Legitimate beefs are always ugly and gross as they go on longer. We knew that.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Drake can't compete with a supervillain like Kendrick. The strategy, the dismantling of Drake's attacks, the horror film Kendrick unleashed, the absolute hate. Kendrick warned Drake right where the trap was, knowing that Drake would still walk right into it.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
And that FM was gonna play on horror movie motifs hence MTG having a horror beat to it. Frankly, it feels like he heard it before it even dropped. lol.
It is surreal looking back at those claims that Family Matters would make Drake look like a "horror auteur" with Meet the Grahams now in the picture. That shit made me physically recoil.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Knowing when to fold is a W move in the song, in poker and in life.

We really calling someone who dropped a mediocre as fuck diss, then publicly apologized because he couldn't sleep at night, and the removed it from streaming services a W?

Okay. I guess this is hip hop now.

You can respect Cole for being truthful after and realizing he couldn't compete. But calling it a W?

lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Or understand what really makes Euphoria work, which is how well it constructs its narrative and keeps you engaged. Family Matters feels hastily constructed out of every random idea he could muster, and you can feel that while listening/watching the video.

Yea it was just sloppy in comparison