Votes: 120 20.3%
  • Not Like Us

Votes: 229 38.8%
  • Other

Votes: 11 1.9%

• Total voters
Jan 15, 2019
youtu.be

Reacting to Kendrick Lamar's "Not Like Us" & Drake's "The Heart Part 6" | Rap Life Review

In this week's episode of Rap Life Review Ebro, Nadeska, Lowkey, and Eddie dissect the latest on Kendrick Lamar and Drake's ongoing rap battle.The group dive...

View: https://youtu.be/x0E8as1mcpo?si=Sp6wFZMIaW4xLoOP

Interesting discussion

Jesus. I don't know how to describe the last 5 or so minutes of that video other than very fucking weird. She starts her point by saying she likes to hold people to high standards specifically on the topic of morality, and somehow concludes that she has even more respect for Drake now for "continuing to show up" because I guess he gets brownie points just for issuing any response whatsoever? And then they talk about how they don't care if Drake has another kid or not when it comes to continuing to listen to his music since that's a personal affair which, fine, except they then gloss over the entire focal point of Kendrick's disses- the pedophilia accusations. And when I say "gloss over" I mean they don't mention it at all. It was a fine discussion until that part. How do you *not even mention* the pedophilia accusations in a discussion about whether or not anything in these disses will affect your ability to listen to either's music???

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus. I don't know how to describe the last 5 or so minutes of that video other than very fucking weird. She starts her point by saying she likes to hold people to high standards specifically on the topic of morality, and somehow concludes that she has even more respect for Drake now for "continuing to show up" because I guess he gets brownie points just for issuing any response whatsoever? And then they talk about how they don't care if Drake has another kid or not when it comes to continuing to listen to his music since that's a personal affair which, fine, except they then gloss over the entire focal point of Kendrick's disses- the pedophilia accusations. And when I say "gloss over" I mean they don't mention it at all. It was a fine discussion until that part. How do you *not even mention* the pedophilia accusations in a discussion about whether or not anything in these disses will affect your ability to listen to either's music???
Apple is backing this show.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
ngl, kinda annoyed people are trying to play off Drake have hidden children as just being a personal thing so it doesn't matter. It's not like Kendrick where he had kids in the background and we generally didnt know because he doesn't really publicize it. Drake, allegedly, denies the children and is not active in their life and is a deadbeat. That's actual shit you should condemn and its fucked up. Even with Adonis, he wanted to reveal him to the world through a fucking product placement press run. He doesn't actually care and speaks volumes on his character which Kendrick has been adressing over and over

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that "Adonis Rollout" shit was nasty. It ain't like Kendrick or Cole to where you find out they have kids through the music and that's mostly because they're secretive. Drake's been in the public eye for a long time and then dude had a deal to promote his son out there. It ain't like we didn't see Drake for months, dude was consistently posting what he was doing. Idk man, just nasty if you ask me.

Jan 15, 2019
ngl, kinda annoyed people are trying to play off Drake have hidden children as just being a personal thing so it doesn't matter. It's not like Kendrick where he had kids in the background and we generally didnt know because he doesn't really publicize it. Drake, allegedly, denies the children and is not active in their life and is a deadbeat. That's actual shit you should condemn and its fucked up. Even with Adonis, he wanted to reveal him to the world through a fucking product placement press run. He doesn't actually care and speaks volumes on his character which Kendrick has been adressing over and over

I agree that the deadbeat father situation is a very shitty thing, for the record. I don't feel as nonchalant as they do about it by any means. I just don't know how they can talk about morality, the impact of the accusations, etc and not even *mention* the whole "CERTIFIED LOVER BOY? CERTIFIED PEDOPHILE!" of it all.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that "Adonis Rollout" shit was nasty. It ain't like Kendrick or Cole to where you find out they have kids through the music and that's mostly because they're secretive. Drake's been in the public eye for a long time and then dude had a deal to promote his son out there. It ain't like we didn't see Drake for months, dude was consistently posting what he was doing. Idk man, just nasty if you ask me.
the initial denial, doing it through a press run and referring to his son as his "seed" feels fucking nasty

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
I'm generally skeptical of this idea that show hosts, music journalists, etc are being ordered/threatened/whatever to avoid certain talking points from anonymous suits but when I hear stuff like that, man, lemme grab my tin foil hat lol.
really?
i for one would've been shocked if I saw people discussing pedophile accusations on the Apple Music channel, of all places.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I dunno, I just can't trust Drake enough with his parentage when he'll bold face life about Adonis not existing and then comeback with his album to confirm it.

Ché

Oct 14, 2022
Ontario
A mother is much more important to a child's development than a father, a child from a single mother household can grow up just as healthy as from a 2 parent house
drake-son-shredded-tout-122123-0cfd7c13a55046ef96eb2babafcc50c2.jpg

I think having drake in Adonis' life is going to be worse for him in the long run. A bad, neglectful dad is much worse than no dad

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm generally skeptical of this idea that show hosts, music journalists, etc are being ordered/threatened/whatever to avoid certain talking points from anonymous suits but when I hear stuff like that, man, lemme grab my tin foil hat lol.

Jon Stewart just quit Apple and told everyone they clamp down on everything

appleinsider.com

Jon Stewart opens up about Apple interference in his show

After originally claims that his split with Apple TV+ was amicable, Jon Stewart has now revealed that the company blocked topics and even guests he wanted to cover on "The Problem with Jon Stewart."

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, I just can't trust Drake enough with his parentage when he'll bold face life about Adonis not existing and then comeback with his album to confirm it.
The gap in between Addison and Scorpion was exactly one month. I can't find anything where Drake actually denied the accuracy of having a son and all I remember was him never responding to that song at all until The Kid is Mine where he claims he kept quiet to protect his kid before his BS "Co-Parenting" PR campaign.

Do you have anything about him denying Pusha T's allegations in between those two events?

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
i'm going through family matters again and here's one bar that makes me laugh

"'Cause all these rappers wavin' white flags while the whole fuckin' club sing to it"

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
The gap in between Addison and Scorpion was exactly one month. I can't find anything where Drake actually denied the accuracy of having a son and all I remember was him never responding to that song at all until The Kid is Mine where he claims he kept quiet to protect his kid before his BS "Co-Parenting" PR campaign.

Do you have anything about him denying Pusha T's allegations in between those two events?

Apologies you're right. It's not Pusha he denied it on it's hus Baby Moms he was going through it with

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Haha I'm just shit posting for sure but it is wild that ye jumped in at the beginning and no one acknowledged it 😂

"Hey k dot I got you" then proceeded to give the worst verse on a rap song ever!

Tell me ten years ago that by 2024 that I wouldn't even know the name of Kanye's most recent project or any new song and I would have called you crazy. Most successful artist are going to slump/decline at some point, with a select few able to bounce back from it. I worshipped that man's music to the point where I figured I'd ride or die with him through whatever slump would eventually come. Sigh....

Oh well.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
A mother is much more important to a child's development than a father, a child from a single mother household can grow up just as healthy as from a 2 parent house

I think having drake in Adonis' life is going to be worse for him in the long run. A bad, neglectful dad is much worse than no dad

I might be misunderstanding you but I don't think that first part is even remotely true? Whatever Drake's failings as a parent may be, they are his as a person. Gender has nothing to do with it. You say a single mother household can be just as healthy as a two parent one and that's true. But so can a single father one. Or a two fathers. Or two mothers. Or non-binary parents. etc.

Ché

Oct 14, 2022
Ontario
I might be misunderstanding you but I don't think that first part is even remotely true? Whatever Drake's failings as a parent may be, they are his as a person. Gender has nothing to do with it. You say a single mother household can be just as healthy as a two parent one and that's true. But so can a single father one. Or a two fathers. Or two mothers. Or non-binary parents. etc.
You're right I misspoke, it's a "mother" in a psychological perspective that's important, and that is the primary caregiver, the one who empathy dumps and allows an infant to separate and individuate. And the "father" does play a role in later child development, but it's not those crucial roles, more about social/sexual scripts, how to act in society etc, and a bad father can mess up a child who had a good infancy and a good "mother"

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018
You're right I misspoke, it's a "mother" in a psychological perspective that's important, and that is the primary caregiver, the one who empathy dumps and allows an infant to separate and individuate. And the "father" does play a role in later child development, but it's not those crucial roles, more about social/sexual scripts, how to act in society etc, and a bad father can mess up a child who had a good infancy and a good "mother"
Bro what the fuck are you talking about