• Not Like Us

Votes: 223 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 1.9%

• Total voters

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Cole looks like a genius removing himself from this. Who wants to be associated with Drake at this point?

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, it felt like most white people were watching from the sidelines. Anytime I would talk about it with black coworkers or friends, I would always get the confused head turn from anyone around who was white. At least anyone under 40.

Metro did what Drake said he would, but he armed hundreds of civilians to take shots at Drake. It's really brilliant.
Shit will be stuck in my head for the next 6 months 🤣

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Kendrick will have the last word, that's fact. What do you guys think he will talk about now? No way he will keep hitting the same keys.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Also, it's weird that we are mad at Kendrick supposedly lying and making things up with no receipts when what got us here was Drake saying Kendrick's kid isn't his and his longtime gf was impregnated by his manager. In the timeline where Drake doesn't sling family crushing unprovable accusations, in that same timeline no one is two step crip walking to Ov-Hoe 'fake' pedo accusations a day later. Diss tracks are call and response and somehow he's supposed to say about accusations on that level is "Drake said my kid ain't mine, won't talk about that, just going to say his rhymes are wick wick wack"
That's the thing, right? I wonder what the timeline looks like if drake doesn't start in and escalate on the family front. Probs only Not Like Us or a version of that comes out which focuses more on the culture vulture aspect of things. No pedophilia aspect, lighter on the energy in general

IMG_0085.jpg

Nail on the head

Dec 31, 2017
I think Drake really thought he would end it with the Dave Frees line in Family Matters - but Kendrick nullified that extremely well with MTG. Must be frustrating for Drake because his killer blow got swept under the rug. If Kendrick hadn't responded so adeptly, the conversation may be more in favor of Drake. But it's over now.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Curious how Kendrick even responds to The Heart Part 6.

Like, the "I'm too famous to be a pedophile" angle is sooooo fucking stupid.

And then half the track is "You assume I'm a child molester because you were molested as a child".... but that's not even what Mother I Sober is about. And it's not like you have to dig deep to understand that, like "Yeah, if you just listen once it SOUNDS like Kendrick was molested, but ACTUALLY if you dissect every line until you grasp all this hidden meanings, you'll see that he actually WASN'T." It's preeeetty clear it's about his mom being abused, not him.

So do you point out all the dipshittery in Heart pt 6? Do you ignore it and give receipts for some of the claims on Meet the Grahams and Not Like Us?

Kind of feel like those are the two ways forward. I'm really liking the Kendrick tracks, I've listened to Not Like Us like half a dozen times already, but another version of "You like kids" is going to start to get old. Needs to escalate in some way IMO for another response to be worth it.

I wonder if Kendrick actually has/ had ten tracks planned, or if that was just Drake bullshitting. It'll be interesting to see if he goes ahead with releasing them, or changes plans.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, they need to put the songs together on one album. With alternating tracks. I've never seen anything like this 😅

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I don't pretend to know how rap beefs work as I'm sure they have their own nuances, but any rhetorical battle (whether it be poetry, dueling opinion columns, etc) will have some things in common. You take the available information/rumors about a person and you try to either emphasize those further or use that information to insinuate further things about them---in other words you want to make any insult you deliver believable to the audience.

You can try to insult other aspects of a person that are totally unknown but those tend not to land as hard because they don't have anywhere to attach to the person.

The reason that the shit hurled at Drake sticks to him is because it takes already existing information and pushes it a little bit further. He's been publicly creepy so it's not hard to make the further insinuation that he might be even creepier in private.

The wife beating stuff on Kendrick doesn't land as hard because you have to look really hard and probably misinterpret shit in order to find any hint that he's the type of guy who would do that. And if nothing else, it isn't in the public consciousness in the same way Drake's behavior is. This is where Kendrick not being nearly the public figure Drake is helps him.

Me, for example, someone who got drawn in from outside, was aware of Drake's behavior but knew nothing about Kendrick. I'm guessing a lot of people are the same way.

OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Typical aubs to release an absolute stinker of a track to muck up the vibes at the end of this beef. He rallied his ovo cult to his side though so I guess that's what counts to him in the end.

And I guess it's normal after all the stuff that was flat out put out there about Drake and others that people wouldn't feel right about just leaving that alone. The Akademiks and Vlads of this culture are still out there putting out their nasty influence on things.

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
If Kdot can win this battle cementing himself as the greatest MC of his generation while effectively exposing Drake and taking him down P Diddy style he might be seen as the consensus greatest ever.

OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
You guys can't just say that when nothing is happening 🙄