• Not Like Us

Votes: 281 40.5%
  • Other

Votes: 13 1.9%

• Total voters

RMChoodie

Dec 27, 2021
American in Costa Rica
Yeah, it makes me feel old sometimes because my younger cousins just take it for granted, but I'm amazed and really appreciate how accessible music is now. I spent SO much money on CDs in my teens.
I keep thinking how we would stay up from 1am-3am listening to college stations play the underground tracks in the 90's
you would hear the gravediggaz instrumentals followed by LA LA shots at the Dogg Pound from CNN/Mobb Deep with Tragedy
We would leave our cassette players recording and listen to them with friends the next day over and over
That's the vibe we had Atlanta with GA State on 88.5 they would debut new Goodie Mob before the commercial stations the following day
I discovered so many amazing lyricists every week who never blew up

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
No one cares about Em.

If he is going to feature anyone in this beef the only reasonable pick is Pusha T.

Depending on the flavour of the song, I genuinely wonder who could deliver more hate filled bars. Push or Kenny.
Em has no place or business being in this beef but when he announced he was coming out with a new album and Metro Boomin said he want in, some people speculated that one of the reasons why is because he wanted Em to join in on the beef against Drake.
I just got word that the Eminem rumor is a fake story leaked by Kendrick's camp to try to get Drake to preemptively have him feature on HIS next track, thereby securing Kendrick's victory.
he probably has been paying close attention to these track sbut is not taking sides. he respects both artists

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
man this section is killing me

a02cfd126153e90f32331aa313da6316.png

Uma Thurman prolly not giving him her Kill Bill suit anymore

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny that Drake got a response 20 minutes after when he wasn't expecting it. Then he didn't get any when he was expecting to get some after 6 minutes.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the only way Em gets involve is if Drake foolishly says his Em in a bad way.
do you mean if Drake compares himself to him? I dunno. Eminem hasn't responded to every single person who's dissed him in recent past but that hasn't stopped others from continuing to diss him anyway

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I keep thinking how we would stay up from 1am-3am listening to college stations play the underground tracks in the 90's
you would hear the gravediggaz instrumentals followed by LA LA shots at the Dogg Pound from CNN/Mobb Deep with Tragedy
We would leave our cassette players recording and listen to them with friends the next day over and over
That's the vibe we had Atlanta with GA State on 88.5 they would debut new Goodie Mob before the commercial stations the following day
I discovered so many amazing lyricists every week who never blew up

It was different times for sure. Sometimes I think back to high school and it seems ridiculous how much of peoples' personalities were basically just what music you listened to. But on the other hand, if you were into music you actually had to passionate about it in the pre-Limewire days.

Kids these days don't know how good they have it, lol.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think being told to back out was the biggest factor here. He was serious about what he said on stage about not feeling he was being honest with himself. Like, he got on stage and said 7 Minute Drill was the lamest shit he's ever done in his life. That's pretty extreme if you're just stepping out because someone told you the other guy doesn't hate you like that.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
So, will there be an end to this? or will they keep going back and forth till someone steps in.

There was definitely a Zoom call with UMG leaders + Kendrick's team + Drake's team about this today. Having some of your biggest licensing artists making headlines as sexual deviants and abusers isn't a good look.

RMChoodie

Dec 27, 2021
American in Costa Rica
It was different times for sure. Sometimes I think back to high school and it seems ridiculous how much of peoples' personalities were basically just what music you listened to. But on the other hand, if you were into music you actually had to passionate about it in the pre-Limewire days.

Kids these days don't know how good they have it, lol.
It was a privilege to get to DJ in a record store too
We knew we had the newest albums day one and you made new friends listening to new music not just acting stupid on camera
Now it's just plug/play anywhere this thread made me very happy to see new fans and very little gatekeeping
I still love new music stay curious I never get the music sucks now crowd
Not everything is for me

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
yup im convinced that kendrick will be dropping again sometime this week. the wet fart of a response that the heart part 6 was, and the messaging online has allowed people to kind of get lulled to sleep and expectations on this continuing have been reduced. perfect time to wake everything back up with a new track.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
yup im convinced that kendrick will be dropping again sometime this week. the wet fart of a response that the heart part 6 was, and the messaging online has allowed people to kind of get lulled to sleep and expectations on this continuing have been reduced. perfect time to wake everything back up with a new track.

It's crazy how fast I got spoiled by the back-to-back-to-back drops the last couple days. Heart Pt 6 hasn't even been out a full day and it feels like I've been waiting for a response forever, lol.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
all beefs going forward (if we ever get another one like this) are gonna be expedited because of how fast this shit moved

tik tok squirrel attention span shit but im not mad at it lol

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
You know what would kill? Kendrick use the same AI pac voice but have the family clear it.

Eh. I see why it'd make a good story but it'd be lame IMO. What Drake did was especially disrespectful since he was using Pac's voice to say things he almost definitely wouldn't. But I don't know, using AI for something like this seems shitty in general, especially when the person isn't even alive.

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
There's no way Kendrick doesn't respond.

It doesn't matter how shit Drake's response was.

He warned him. He said "Rabbit hole still deep, I can go further"...

Drake didn't shut the fuck up. I have a feeling the gloves aren't even half-way off.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
I know the whole suing thing has become a terrible meme, but I actually think the heart part six contains a lawsuit threat.

"Stop buyin views and bot comments
You may as well keep the paper
Shit you 'bout to need for later
"

Make of that what you will.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Eh. I see why it'd make a good story but it'd be lame IMO. What Drake did was especially disrespectful since he was using Pac's voice to say things he almost definitely wouldn't. But I don't know, using AI for something like this seems shitty in general, especially when the person isn't even alive.

Oh I entirely agree. The petty in me just wants to see the pettiest lol

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I know the whole suing thing has become a terrible meme, but I actually think the heart part six contains a lawsuit threat.

"

If this is a subliminal threat of suing, then Drake is proving all of Kendrick's points.

You know, because nothing says being a thug and gangster like suing the guy that beat me in a rap beef.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

"

if that man drops a lawsuit, i'm popping champagne for the end of aubrey as a hip hop act

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's alright Drake, you will always have at least one fan. Dan Schneider. He likes kids also, also likes Drakes, he will always be a fan of yours. Probably a good friend of you as well.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Metro got the ultimate revenge. Yeah Drake's "go make some drums" line was hilarious but BBL Drizzy is everywhere, even in places you might not have expected lmao

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think anyone comes out of this looking good.

Criticising the drizzler for being misogynistic while doing it yourself, dropping homophobic shit, then the 6-dribblers lame responses, and metro booming embarrassing himself and everyone associated with him. Way to go guys.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Cole was smart to exit but do we think Kendrick could kill Cole the way he killed Drake? No one can deny Kendrick's ability but Drake is such an easy target. Besides Cole being a cornball at times and having some shitty takes I don't think there is much out there to hurt him the way there is with Drake.

Like I can't imagine Meet the Coles being scathing lol