Votes: 133 18.9%
  • Not Like Us

Votes: 287 40.8%
  • Other

Votes: 14 2.0%

• Total voters

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
You are correct that sextuple flat never occurs in music. Otherwise you are wrong. Double sharps and double flats occur with some regularity throughout tonal music. Obviously, they are the rarest kind of accidental, but they occur with significant regularity.

A very early example of B sharp is the C sharp major prelude from Bach's well tempered clavier. Wtc. Here's a score showing the b sharp right in the key signature. Imslp. C-sharp major is not nearly as uncommon as you would think because music in C sharp minor may make use of C sharp major as the parallel major key. C sharp minor is incredibly common because it only has four sharps in the Key signature. Even C sharp minor makes use of b sharp for the dominant chord. If you're playing music in G sharp minor, the dominant chord will be D sharp major, which will have an F double sharp in it.
Don't even need to go the C# Major route either, writing directly in C# Minor you're still likely to want to use B# from the harmonic minor. Which IMO is common enough.

Edit: I decided to reply before I read you mentioned using the dominant, which is essentially the reason for B# in the harmonic minor, ignore me

Jocund

Mar 9, 2018
kendrick literally said "fuck the industry" several times across these tracks and these labels expect him to fold?

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
did something happened that debunked Drake's 2nd child? because Drake's defense was pretty stupid and easy to see through, which just increases the chances that it's actually true.
but now everybody is tweeting "forget the daughter line, what about the rest".

Oct 25, 2017
Believing Drake planted that info but doesn't have a single screenshot, email, voicemail, anything to prove it makes you certifiably insane.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
did something happened that debunked Drake's 2nd child? because Drake's defense was pretty stupid and easy to see through, which just increases the chances that it's actually true.
hasn't been debunked but its more that the other allegations are WAY more serious that its kinda irrelevant atm

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No one knows, and with rap battle it's up to whether the audience buys in or the rapper brings receipts. Some can believe the angle that Drake fed fake information about a daughter, some feel that this particular angle isn't as important to investigate or discuss versus others brought up. Personally, I don't buy Drake's "I faked it all" angle when there was no real strategical reason to let folks clown you over the weekend when he could've gotcha'd Kendrick right after he uploaded Meet the Grahams.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Ringer out here doing a diss ranking

www.theringer.com

The Greatest Diss Tracks of All Time, Ranked

As the dust settles on the Kendrick and Drake beef, we couldn’t help but ask: What’s the best diss record in rap history? "Hit ’Em Up"? "The Bridge Is Over"? "Not Like Us"?!?! We’re counting them down, from Rick Ross to LL Cool J to 50 Cent and more.
Drop a Dem on 'Em being at high as #13 is really bizarre, and Hell on Earth is probably my favorite album ever.

The Bitch In Yoo has no business outside of the top 10, it came out in '96 and was one of the most direct and aggressive disses ever.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
hasn't been debunked but its more that the other allegations are WAY more serious that its kinda irrelevant atm

No one knows, and with rap battle it's up to whether the audience buys in or the rapper brings receipts. Some can believe the angle that Drake fed fake information about a daughter, some feel that this particular angle isn't as important to investigate or discuss versus others brought up. Personally, I don't buy Drake's "I faked it all" angle when there was no real strategical reason to let folks clown you over the weekend when he could've gotcha'd Kendrick right after he uploaded Meet the Grahams.
oh ok.
And yes, it's true, in the grand scheme of things, Drake being a fucking creep and messing with underage girls or, at the very least, enabling his crew to do it is horrible, while the daughter thing is more personal stuff.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Reddit is saying that Drake's leaked d was sent to a minor and that's why it ended up leaked. I don't have the tools to evaluate that claim.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
I'm guessing we might get visuals for not like us at the very least and as of now, it's an instant classic/west coast anthem that will get massive play for months.

And it's fair to say this has already hurt Drake reputationally as a commercial artist, so mission accomplished already in a sense. Like how ppl see Puff or Cosby, this is now attached to him in the public square.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
The Heart Part 6 is as close to an admission of defeat as you'll ever hear on wax. Drake literally raps "I don't want to diss you anymore".

You read between the lines and you realize the song is a white flag.

The outro is Drake recapping the battle in past tense and whining that he woulda won if Kendrick played by the rules.

I don't think Kendrick is stopping because of a zoom call. He's stopping because his opponent surrendered.
While we know that, not everyone agrees with it. I, like I'm sure everyone else in here, have been watching reactions from people about the beef and almost everyone has admitted that it sounded like Drake was giving up there. Still you got some people saying he didn't.

I could see more articles coming out about Kendrick's win like that one Rolling Stone article that just dropped which makes sense considering they have a partnership with UMG. I'm expecting all these outlets to just give Kendrick the win now in hopes it makes him stop while Drake is over there quiet.

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
let's be real, no one ever really comes with receipts on rap beef... i'm still waiting on the pac to confirm if he really did fuck biggie's wife. is jay really a tae bo hoe?

Somehow, this needed to be said.

Man, I keep looking at the OT title in case it suddenly changes to say Kendrick "Mad man" Lamar dropped another one to finish Drake off.

But if we're being real. Why would Kendrick drop anything now that he already got a #1 & #2 songs out there. He can't beat Euphoria and Not like Us. Those are insane bangers, and with no features either.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
we are now in the discord "insider" part of the beef. Take with a grain of salt

6xIxDaZ.jpeg
Wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

Hope Kdot told them to cut their losses now or keeping losing more money sticking to Drake.

King Tubby

Oct 25, 2017
let's be real, no one ever really comes with receipts on rap beef... i'm still waiting on the pac to confirm if he really did fuck biggie's wife. is jay really a tae bo hoe?
This is partly why I don't give a shit about receipts really. First and foremost it's about the music and Kendrick dropped 3 bops tearing up the charts to Drakes one, since H6 was a dud. Idk if it'll be a hit or whatever but it's not up to the level of quality.

Aside from that the most damaging accusation between the two of them is Drake being an R Kelly type and the receipts there are abundant

Milky Way

Oct 29, 2017
Drake really thought family matters was the kill shot and he could go on vacation a winner. Fucking lmaooooooooo

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks that 6:16 in LA couldn't get cleared cause it's the best track imo and isn't getting talked about enough.

The whole "planted evidence" was literally the only angle Drake could take to try and save face. The drake riders ate it up, but everyone else can see through that bs. If they really planted, then he'd have receipts to back it up and that would be a massive L for Kendrick, but it's obvious he doesn't have shit. Not sure how much more damage Kendrick could really do at this point so it's probably over unless Drake acts up again.

Giruvegan

He's awful but adds a very funny side plot to this beef.

Drake DM'd him personally on Insta to tell him to stay on stream for the Family Matters drop only for it to back fire when Kendrick also dropped and he reacted to that as well in front of a massive audience. Then add on top of that Drake now blocking him for saying The Heart Part Six was weak and you just a nice little picture into just what Drake is like loool

That's hilarious and embarrassing for Drake on top of everything else, damn.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Until actual evidence comes out you just can't blindly believe everything you read on the internet
I don't think I was blindly believing it. That's why I said I couldn't evaluate the claim.

It's a person on TikTok, making the claim and they have meta-data that they claim backs it up. I did not know drakes D had leaked until he mentioned it in his track, so I don't know. I don't care enough about the guys Wang to try and figure out if there's anything supporting the idea.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks that 6:16 in LA couldn't get cleared cause it's the best track imo and isn't getting talked about enough.

This is completely delusional on my part, but imagine KDot was gonna release more tracks already if The Heart Part 6 hadn't dropped (or at least was more than just a white flag). So now that that's happened, maybe they're doing their best to get 6:16's sample cleared so they can, wait for it, throw it, the other released tracks, *AND* the unreleased tracks on a diss album coming out on Friday.

Ain't gonna happen, but ooooh fucking imagine if it did.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Drake really thought family matters was the kill shot and he could go on vacation a winner. Fucking lmaooooooooo
Had this whole rollout and thing planned with the ig posts and song tease. And 20 mins later it all blew up lol. Just absolutely amazing. And then he follows it up the next morning with the diss party sunner jam.

The fact that drake had to resort to these desperate lies about moles and shit is just more proof positive about everything kendrick said from the very jump.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

6xIxDaZ.jpeg

Problem with these rumors is that the assumption is that the branding illuminati gets together to strong arm a dude technically on no label, who's already rich, who's on his way to a #1 hit song self published and ask tor a favor.

That said, I see a way for Kendrick to agree to this, a cut of Drake's future publishing 🤩for bragging rights, lol.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017

6xIxDaZ.jpeg

Fuck that! Kenny got the upper hand in this! Drop another track(or two) and then walk away.

At the very least just leave it as it is right now; fuck an apology! They really fighting hard against these pedophile claims just adding more smoke to a possible fire.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of just the tracks, which ones do you guys think are great for workout? There aren't many but I find Euphoria and Push Ups to be the best for it, but Euphoria does have a slow start and ending but the core of the track is great. Like that is great for Kendrick's vocals alone even if the beats aren't very workout friendly but that happens like 2 mins in the song.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
YA DEAD!!!

Lmao. This beef effectively knocked away 13 years of Drake trying to build up his image. We're back to 2011 era Drake now.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Yj-WFfqNo&t=195s

Not sure how to link reddits, but this was a funny one saying 6:16 is referencing family matters episode(season 6, episode 16) about Laura going to a concert with the artist takes advantage of young girls
Abel isn't even that involved and XO is an imprint of UMG anyway. wtf do they want with him
It's a rumor that Cash/XO/Weeknd are the master minds of this whole "elminate drake" movement. That on top of Cash getting his mansion shot up and a security guard getting shot and now the same happening to Drake and his mansion/security.

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
There's a shitton of politicking going on in the music industry - Drake is in the top 3 biggest artists in the world, so him going down or losing popularity could cause some shockwaves in the industry and hurt the bottom line of music execs.

Kendrick just doesn't give a shit (neither should he) and seems to be going scorched earth on Drake.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
It's a rumor that Cash/XO/Weeknd are the master minds of this whole "elminate drake" movement.

lol. That villainous Weeknd! He got his GED in the school of Suge Knight and has decided there can be only one big pop star from Canada.

Not saying crews can beef for whatever reason, but lol@ worldwide star Weeknd on his own plotting to take down…Drake? In 2024?

Maybe House of Balloons era Weeknd is back?

KingFantasma

Oct 29, 2017
I'm hoping the actual reason is because it's still in the process of being cleared.

I was theorizing to myself maybe the reason Euphoria took a while to come out was because the sample took time to clear first.

Besides the fact of course that Kendrick had to take care of his kids first...

a916

Oct 25, 2017
There's a shitton of politicking going on in the music industry - Drake is in the top 3 biggest artists in the world, so him going down or losing popularity could cause some shockwaves in the industry and hurt the bottom line of music execs.

Kendrick just doesn't give a shit (neither should he) and seems to be going scorched earth on Drake.

If he's propping up the industry that much, and his contract is set and needs to be paid out, it's not going to be him that feels the squeeze but other smaller artists.