Votes: 118 20.4%
  • Not Like Us

Votes: 225 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 1.9%

• Total voters

chewy

May 7, 2024
TPAB took a while to grow on me but I do think like it when I'm in the mood for it. Personally, I think Mr. Morale is wack as fuck and if anything it's kind of funny that it took this beef for Kendrick to make good music (to me) again. I tried to listen to Mr. Morale again after this and nope, it's as bad if not worse than trying to listen through a J. Cole album.

OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
I tried to listen to Mr. Morale again after this and nope, it's as bad if not worse than trying to listen through a J. Cole album.

i respect opinions but calling it as bad if not WORSE than a j cole album is slander. Kendrick should sue you

Albin

Jun 29, 2018
TPAB>>>Morale/GKMC/80> Damn

Illmatic>>>>>>>> RD

Everyone lost in this beef, except youtubers and Macklemore.

sonnyboy

Oct 25, 2017
I understand why it isn't for everyone but Mr Morale is amazing to me, I don't think I can rank GKMC, TPAB and Mr Morale one over the other. They are all so good in different ways that they are tied for me. DAMN. would be a second place for me, and Section.80 third. But I like all of them a lot. Even untitled unmastered. is soo good.

I love Mr. Morale but I can understand how if a person can't relate to it, they'll dislike it.

OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Oct 26, 2020
GKMC > TPAB > Morale > Damn > Section 80 > UU

All great though

chewy

May 7, 2024
Completely agree lol. Club Paradise, Free Spirit dropping with that Sade sample and Rozay as a feature. He was putting out some of his best work.

I'm late on this post but I bookmarked Free Spirit and checked it out since I never heard the song and damn... that was a good track. Kendrick is right... I like Drake with the melodies.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
GKMC and S80 are easier listens than TPAB but I don't find TPAB boring or overrated. It's just a dense project I can't throw on as often as the other two. It's still top 3 and I don't think anything comes close.

GKMC
S80
TPAB
Overly Dedicated :)

(Don't really find the rest even close to these to rank)

And since it's a beef thread

Take Care
IYRTITL
NWTS
SFG

And Jermaine's ranking

FNL
FHD
TWU
Born Sinner

Dec 31, 2017
1) GKMC
2) DAMN
3) Morale
4) TPAB
5) Black Panther
6) Section .80

The floor for the rating would be 8/10 for S80.

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
TPAB - DAMN - Morale

Not Like Us would be somewhere in the middle of all this.

But there's like the smallest gap between each.

Need to listen to the rest still. This beef gave me the kick I needed to get back on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Oct 26, 2020
i wont rate all of drakes but

IYRTITL
Take Care
NWTS
Views

that would be my top 4 and i can honestly pass on the rest. BUT each album of his always has like 2-3 songs i like

HVivi

Nov 29, 2020
TPAB > GKMC > Morale > Section 80 > Unititled Unmastered > DAMN > Blank Panther > Overly Dedicated

Everything since Section 80 has been incredible and Kendrick at his worse is better than most artists at their best.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
I just listened to Mr Morale the whole way through and I might have to upgrade it to at least an 8.5 if not a 9.

Mother, I Sober is such a hauntingly beautiful piece of music. The fact that Drake chose to mock it in the way that he did says a lot about his character.

chewy

May 7, 2024
  1. Take Care
  2. Nothing Was The Same
  3. Care Package (does this count?)
Everything else I kind of listen to single tracks here and there but most of the time, I couldn't tell you exactly which album those tracks came from.

Jan 27, 2022
Rank his stuff however you want --- Kendrick has been putting out excellent music for ~15 years. Meanwhile the discography of so many "GOATS" out here looking shaky...

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
The conversation over weather b sharp is real or not is fucking dumb. The line is corny and stupid as fuck whether it's real or not. He used A Minor to call him a pedo and responded with dudes better Be Sharp.. haha get it! Are you kidding me?

OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Oct 26, 2020
Rank his stuff however you want --- Kendrick has been putting out excellent music for ~15 years. Meanwhile the discography of so many "GOATS" out here looking shaky...
Kendrick discog is legit on a run that can only be compared to Kanye's albums (if we choose to purposely ignore post 2016 kanye albums).

rac

Oct 25, 2017
Going at Kendrick for his albums has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen

edit: and to have it come from drake and j cole
be sharp

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
For me it's

TPAB
GKMC
DAMN
S80
MM
OD

Mr Morale is an album I would at least give a 90/100 too, it's just that his other stuff is better.

I'm late on this post but I bookmarked Free Spirit and checked it out since I never heard the song and damn... that was a good track. Kendrick is right... I like Drake with the melodies.
Early Drake was just better and felt like he was truly being more of himself than current Drake.

Mass One

Oct 28, 2017
The conversation over weather b sharp is real or not is fucking dumb. The line is corny and stupid as fuck whether it's real or not. He used A Minor to call him a pedo and responded with dudes better Be Sharp.. haha get it! Are you kidding me?
Not only was it dumb. It wouldn't be out of place at a school playground funny enough.

You're a Pedo, you like kids. You majored in A minor
Well you're stupid, B # *raspberry* I won good sparring match

Actually it's kind of emblematic of black culture/colonizer in general when you think about. People from the outside can only take and what they "give back" is an underdeveloped beige facade of what they took lol.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
Kendrick discog is legit on a run that can only be compared to Kanye's albums (if we choose to purposely ignore post 2016 kanye albums).
Little Simz's run from Stillness in Wonderland, Grey Area, SIMBI, and NO THANK YOU is the best modern run in rap besides Kendrick imo. In terms of more mainstream artists.

Not in terms of impact, because frankly most people still aren't ready for a British woman to be top. But in terms of sheer quality albums? Best believe. IYKYK. I wasn't feeling her last EP though.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Not only was it dumb. It wouldn't be out of place at a school playground funny enough.

You're a Pedo, you like kids. You majored in A minor
Well you're stupid, B # *raspberry* I won good sparring match

Actually it's kind of emblematic of black culture/colonizer in general when you think about. People from the outside can only take and what they "give back" is an underdeveloped beige facade of what they took lol.

I think schoolyard line is literally what I called it on first reaction lol

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Little Simz's run from Stillness in Wonderland, Grey Area, SIMBI, and NO THANK YOU is the best modern run in rap besides Kendrick imo. In terms of more mainstream artists.

Not in terms of impact, because frankly most people still aren't ready for a British woman to be top. But in terms of sheer quality albums? Best believe. IYKYK. I wasn't feeling her last EP though.
Fantastic pick.

Mass One

Oct 28, 2017

Do you have any black british artist or single tracks, you'd recommend. I feel like I only know Little Simz and Kano.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
For me it's

TPAB
GKMC
DAMN
S80
MM
OD

Mr Morale is an album I would at least give a 90/100 too, it's just that his other stuff is better.

Early Drake was just better and felt like he was truly being more of himself than current Drake.
He should've listened to what Wayne told him when they first brought him over and kept it Canadian…

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
1. GKMC
2. Damn
3. TPAB
4. Mr. Morale

1. NWTS (can't believe more people don't have this as their #1)
2. Take Care
3. IYRTITL
4. What a Time to be Alive (album still sounds fresh, some of Drake's best rapping, the Kentucky Blue flow on scholarships is legendary)

Everything else is ehh

Also
1. It was Written
2. Illmatic

But most aren't ready for this conversation.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
alright, which one of you dropped this on the Nintendo eShop
fc2d53c4a9b99f14c7c6bf9ce7b326238717f93904c2680fe3018515f4eeed7e

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
TPAB > MM(weighted heavily for timing/personal) > GKMC > S80 > Damn

I think I like 3 drake songs(Before Family Matters, that's dope) in all and all are random lmao

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
The worst thing is he kept going with the D Flat and D Major puns. Wanted to strangle him then and there.

The entire run was just a setup for rhyming "D Major" eventually with " Teenager"- so he could deny being interested in them. THAT'S where it got super cringe.

Dewot

Sep 12, 2023
There are endless pieces of music in C-sharp minor. It's just a Wikipedia list as an example. Pose as much as you want, but you literally do not know at all what you are talking about. I've showed you in great detail while you were wrong and you're argument "is this is an extreme edge case." it's really not and your insistence will not change that fact.

I spent years of my life as a performer, including making my living as a musician for awhile. B Sharps are not uncommon. This is some "heals don't crit" bullshit you're on.

I just don't understand how you can be a performing, playing musician and treat B sharps as "not uncommon." Like I've said, I have performed pretty regularly for fifteen years and the amount of them that I've seen can be counted on one hand. I even asked my two actual professional musician friends that perform in orchestras to estimate the rate they have to conceptualize the note as the C harmonic versus B sharp harmonic and they both agreed on a 5000:1 ratio. That is definitionally extremely, extremely uncommon. I'm a chemist, and the equivalent I can think of would be saying that just because iridium is a natural element that can be found in the earths crust that means it's "not uncommon". That's just a straight up lie, it's extremely uncommon.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The entire run was just a setup for rhyming with Teenager- so he could deny being interested in them. THAT'S where it got super cringe.
To be fair, it got cringe when he decided that Kendrick being an SA victim was a good angle to attack, for two reasons. 1.) It shows his dismissive outlook towards SA victims, which is not only horrible but also not what you want to do when you're in the midst of pedophilia allegations, and 2.) It exposed his basement level reading comprehension of Kendrick's music, which ironically Kendrick called out in MtG.

The musical notation puns were just the death rattles.