Votes: 305 41.1%
  • Other

Votes: 14 1.9%

• Total voters

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
reality is setting in - DJ Akademiks says he doesn't believe Kendrick Lamar stole his bars from Twitter and tells Drake stans to stop being delusion

also lol
Hy3QYmKl.jpeg

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
"At least come up with original ways to call him a pedo!"

- Drake stans running out of excuses
It's like they don't even realise that they're strengthening Kendrick's accusations by including OLD tweets calling him out on his pedo behavior! 😂

Like... That's the most damning thing about those older tweets. They're way too dumb to realise it though.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fun lil' theory: aside from the things we've talked about to death, part of the reason Drake lost is because his lack of authenticity impacts his music.

One of the biggest gulfs between Drake and Kendrick is their respective ability to have fun musically. Drake's stuff plays in clubs but it's generally moody, stoic, and has a kinda too-cool-for-everything attitude about it. He's spent all these years playing the role of a rapper and in his mind that means look tough, don't smile, remember you're better than everyone around you, etc. So, when he went into war mode with Kendrick he only knew how to use one weapon in that setting: self-serious battle raps. As a result, Push Ups and Family Matters (and especially Heart Pt. 6) have this monotonous joylessness about them. On HP6 he goes down with that ship, insisting it was a "fun exercise" as though the whole thing is beneath him, like he's too cool and perpetually unbothered to really get in the mud with someone. While Kendrick utilizes this same seriousness in Meet the Grahams, there's a theatrical horror about it. The seriousness is purposeful and sharp rather than just floating in the air, and it's a more impactful listen as a result.

By the time we get to Not Like Us, the benefits of Kendrick's authenticity are clear. He understands you can roast someone with joviality and a certain lack of seriousness as well, and he isn't weighed down by the concern Drake has that showing a lighter side of yourself will compromise your credibility. You can win a battle without spending the entirety of it mean mugging and posturing- you can say "I'ma do my shtuff" in a silly voice in a diss track. Drake can't do that because he doesn't understand the idea of expressing the entirety of himself musically since, for him, rap isn't a vessel for expression, it's a vessel to create the idea of Drake: the world's coolest rapper (with all its contrived two-dimensionality). Because of this, his songs are more monotonous, less emotional, and overall less entertaining. Kendrick expresses himself through music, Aubrey creates the character of Drake through music. One person exists, the other doesn't.
I know there's people that knocks on this but how Kendricks voice on these flows has always been one of the reasons I've been a fans and that was definitely in display throughout this beef and why these songs have major replay ability with me. He selling these disses with his voice cause you can hear how he feels in these verses.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Charlamagne has been reading WAYYYY too much resetera and claims Drake will SUE Kendrick for defamation!

podcasts.apple.com/nl/podcast/the-brilliant-idiots/id862717788?l=en&i=1000655120436

27:00

"drake is a multi-billion dollar entity and has to protect his name"

Drake would probably not like discovery, i doubt he sues. Even if the allegations aren't true (lol), I don't doubt some of the people he keeps close to him are engaged in illegal activity committed on his behalf.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
what's the story behind this

what's game's problem

It's a weird one because he's always loved Kendrick and done a lot of songs with him and talked him up etc.

But his biggest song or one of his biggest songs is with Drake lol. (100 - it's a good song tbh)

And Kendrick has made it clear how Drake is from outside the culture which kinda makes Game look stupid like Drake has come in and used him to look like he has Compton connects (which is basically what did happen).

And of course Game made a lot of his name and a lot of his biggest moments from the G Unit beef too. That's why he was trying to diss Eminem not too long ago.

So he is probably absolutely dying to be part of this lol. But he can't diss Drake or Kendrick, he's not as big as either of them and would get slain, (if they even bothered to reply which they probably wouldn't), plus he's worked with both quite a bit.

So dissing Rick Ross is the easy way to get involved, even though it's mostly irrelevant. What's weird is it basically looks like taking Drake's side without saying it.

Also the only thing he has to say about Ross is the generic fat, used to be a cop stuff. Which was always true even back when Game used to do songs with him. Why is it suddenly an issue now??? Spotlight lol nothing more

I will say Game seems to love beef in general and spends most of his career wanting someone to joust with him lol. But he's not big enough any more for anyone to wanna do that back, beating him wouldn't gain them much so why take the risk of losing

Last edited:

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Charlamagne has been reading WAYYYY too much resetera and claims Drake will SUE Kendrick for defamation!

podcasts.apple.com/nl/podcast/the-brilliant-idiots/id862717788?l=en&i=1000655120436

27:00

"drake is a multi-billion dollar entity and has to protect his name"

I really hate how LLC twitter lingo and BS are mainstream particularly among Black Centrist types. lol@ Billion Dollar entity.

Drake's problem is Drake's problem; he's not Kanye where he fucked up Adidas stock and market share because it was their Jordan line. Drake gets his marketable aspect of his career destroyed tomorrow, he's a balance sheet number somewhere on a corporate computer and they take a minor, if any, hit and that's due to throwing away near future marketing plans. Sprite's not going to go bankrupt, lol. Neither is Drake. But the loses would be mostly on his end and while big, considering he's been doing just fine being one of the biggest artists in the world it's the woody harrelson crying meme. Will have to downgrade and not get his dates the full Bratz doll package.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

Turn Me Up is one of my all-time favourites.

View: https://youtu.be/gNaZ-uFHjRk?si=FhamnvFmzCHEZMtj

I've been listening to Kendrick since Section.80, I vividly remember the first time my brothers showed me Rigamortus. Since then he was cemented as my favourite rapper!

Its incredible to see Kendrick reach these heights, I listen to hip-hop for the lyricism, subject matter, substance and skills. Kendrick effectively brought conscious hip-hop to the masses in a world polluted with trash rappers.
Seeing Kendrick cut Drake down to size is one of the most satisfying things I've ever seen. This was a monumental moment in the history of Hip-Hop. I hope this shines a light on the real lyricists out there.

Last edited:

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I was relistening to Family Matters and it should've been telling when Drake went "we all know it's 20 v 1". Because Kendrick flipped it in an interesting way that reframed the 20 v 1 thing and Drake basically went "nuh uh, it IS a 20 v 1 against me!".

I think Drake is just terrible at playing defense.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Oct 25, 2017
A titbit from Popbitch, a fairly credible long running UK gossip newsletter. Possible early sign of Drake's star fading not just in the world of hip hop.

Gripping though the Kendrick/Drake rap beef has been, it seems there's been a little collateral damage done to an unsuspecting artist. Poor old Camila Cabello looks to have been caught up in the skirmish.

Word is that Camila's team spent an eye-watering sum on getting Drake to feature on her upcoming album and they had been planning on using it as part of the roll-out to make sure her announcement landed with a splash.

Unfortunately, as Drake unexpectedly became persona nonce grata in the rap game over the weekend, that's since been shunted to the back burner. Instead, she's brought forward a track with Lil Nas X ("He Knows") to take Drake's place.

It's such a last minute switch that the photo artwork for He Knows was only taken on Monday – just ahead of the Met Gala.

Last edited:

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
Someone already tweeted about that Camila stuff, I think DJ Hed.
Apparently Drake is using some type of accent on the track and he blocked her from releasing it because the beef started and people were calling him out for that lmao

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I wrote a synopsis for a story back in like 2008. I never got around to actually writing it. It was about a post apocalyptic society on Earth, medieval technology level, a young boy was found washed up on a river at the start.

Eventually turns out he is a clone of a great mind from the past who had planted the seed that regrew the population after the apocalypse, and the evil creature hunting him is an AI that had been the cause of the end of the world. The boy was the only one who could stop it, could use his genetic code to access technology that could kill it. Then Horizon: Zero Dawn came out, and there were many other similarities.

If I wrote that story now people would say I copied it, shit like this happens /all the time/ far more intricately than a few lines. No thought is truly original, most ideas have been either done or imagined by many. That and Kendrick doesn't spend his days on social media so the idea that he even saw those tweets from that long ago is wild.

And even if he did hear the A minor line in the past, it really doesn't matter. It's about the delivery and context, and that was a throat punch regardless.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Someone already tweeted about that Camila stuff, I think DJ Hed.
Apparently Drake is using some type of accent on the track and he blocked her from releasing it because the beef started and people were calling him out for that lmao
Also: apparently the track had A Minor chords too. Can't have that.