• Other

Votes: 14 1.9%

• Total voters

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
GNJEaVAXkAAqhlR

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
That 'mmmmhmmmmm' at the end of the last verse is going to live rent free in my head forever

subtle but just goes so so hard

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Oct 25, 2017
It will be fine after couple months sadly.

Yeah I don't doubt he's still going to be a huge artist. People still scramble to get a feature on Kanye's songs, plenty of other artists still have a career after being a laughing stock/being accused or even convicted of similar. But I do think this could be the end of 'peak' Drake where he can fart out any kind of shit and it goes instantly to number one/ is lauded by loads of felching stans and is ubiquitous in pop/rap culture.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2022
It's a weird one because he's always loved Kendrick and done a lot of songs with him and talked him up etc.

But his biggest song or one of his biggest songs is with Drake lol. (100 - it's a good song tbh)

And Kendrick has made it clear how Drake is from outside the culture which kinda makes Game look stupid like Drake has come in and used him to look like he has Compton connects (which is basically what did happen).

And of course Game made a lot of his name and a lot of his biggest moments from the G Unit beef too. That's why he was trying to diss Eminem not too long ago.

So he is probably absolutely dying to be part of this lol. But he can't diss Drake or Kendrick, he's not as big as either of them and would get slain, (if they even bothered to reply which they probably wouldn't), plus he's worked with both quite a bit.

So dissing Rick Ross is the easy way to get involved, even though it's mostly irrelevant. What's weird is it basically looks like taking Drake's side without saying it.

Also the only thing he has to say about Ross is the generic fat, used to be a cop stuff. Which was always true even back when Game used to do songs with him. Why is it suddenly an issue now??? Spotlight lol nothing more

I will say Game seems to love beef in general and spends most of his career wanting someone to joust with him lol. But he's not big enough any more for anyone to wanna do that back, beating him wouldn't gain them much so why take the risk of losing
This is basically Game in a nutshell.

He's a beef chaser: Game vs 50, G-Unit, Em, Jay-Z, anyone for clout. Like I mentioned a few pages ago, he should probably focus on fixing his public image issue with Diddy allegations before chasing more beef… be he equates beef with sales so he probably thinks that'll make him relevant again.

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain
Im less curious if Drake career is done (Vultures 1 is an album that exists on DSPs , you know) and more if he will change music style after this.

I dont think it will be as overt as MGK straight up doing another genre , but more sticking with the melodies or going more pop and R&B , cause like , if he tries a Knife Talk ever again , he will laughed out of the room.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
According to Aubrey's Best Angel Mal, Drake is working on a new album/EP.

Think this is gonna moreso address the industry. He apparently not focused on Kendrick anymore.

OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
According to OVO Angel Mal, Drake is working on a new album/EP.

Think this is gonna moreso address the industry. He apparently not focused on Kendrick anymore.
According to OVO mal we were gonna get a rollout of a kendrick album for his response which ended up not being true lol

bleck98534

Feb 18, 2023
I know this thread is kind of circling the drain anyway, but I think people should appreciate Akademiks more, even as a 40-year old stan. I think this whole thing would be a lot less fun if he didn't exist. Plus his top five clip is objectively the funniest Twitch stream edit ever, embarrassing as it is.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I know this thread is kind of circling the drain anyway, but I think people should appreciate Akademiks more, even as a 40-year old stan. I think this whole thing would be a lot less fun if he didn't exist. Plus his top five clip is objectively the funniest Twitch stream edit ever, embarrassing as it is.
Mans got a big W. Mentioned twice in the biggest back and forth in hiphop history.

(regardless how you feel about him, ofc he is a clown).

Oct 26, 2017
Kendrick's strategy of releasing the eerie Meet the Grahams diss an hour right after Family Matters dropped, and then dropping the more commercialized Not Like Us the next day was a master stroke chess move.

That one-two punch put Drake in a paranoid mindset now where he's afraid to drop another diss and get overshadowed again.
He probably expected Dot to drop right after The Heart Part 6, too but he's not taking the bait.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Im less curious if Drake career is done (Vultures 1 is an album that exists on DSPs , you know) and more if he will change music style after this.

I dont think it will be as overt as MGK straight up doing another genre , but more sticking with the melodies or going more pop and R&B , cause like , if he tries a Knife Talk ever again , he will laughed out of the room.

Most serious rap fans never took Drake seriously well before this, so I don't know if this will make much of a difference to his core audience. If he releases another hit, it will be all over the radio etc.

I don't think most fans think "I used to like Drake, but Kendrick killed him in battle, so I can't check out his stuff anymore"

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Drake will ever truly recover from this. I suspect this is when he transitions to a nostalgia act. He'll still be visible but pop culture will have largely moved on. No one can pretend Drake isn't lame anymore.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
I think the beef is over for now but I don't see how it can be over permanently in a world where Drake and Kendrick keep releasing music.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
you gotta link the video when you say stuff like this

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Not gonna lie, I have no interest in a MV.
Kendrick spoiled us with those 4 tracks in a week.
It's only been 10 days since Euphoria dropped, but it feels like a month.
"Like that" feels like it happened last year.

OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
I get what yall are saying

BUT

What if the video proves the daughter is real