One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Come thru Kenny
B6JtV1U.gif

sonicmj1

Oct 25, 2017
The full Joe Budden Podcast on Meet the Grahams through Heart 6 came out on Youtube yesterday, and it's a good time even beyond the clips that have already been posted here (though it's long as hell).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHpNtDgs9z0

One thing they talk about a lot is strategy, and Drake's arrogance in taking the route he did while being as unprepared for Kendrick as he was. Kendrick played this entire thing absolutely perfectly strategically, and I've enjoyed thinking about why.

People have mentioned the alternate universe where Drake really does try to keep it PG and doesn't mention Whitney's name, and while he has shown no evidence that he can do that, it'd have been a much safer approach. Drake has more to lose and a million skeletons out there due to how exposed he is. He's technically gifted and witty. If he tries to fight Kendrick straight up, I don't think he wins, but it might be close enough that people on his side see him as ahead. Another way of looking at it (an analogy raised in that JBP episode) is that Drake is going in as the favorite due to his numbers and battle experience, but he's someone lots of people want to see fail, kind of like Floyd Mayweather. People tune into the pay-per-view hoping to see Floyd get KO'd, but he knows how to play safe, lean on his advantages, and ensure his win each time.

Drake isn't that kind of person, and one of the things mentioned about his hubris in the podcast is the consequence of the loss to Pusha T. Drake may have told himself he took that L by choice, but he's not happy with it and how it has changed how people perceive him. Kendrick bet that he would feel a need to lash out to prove that he's not soft and not scared to take the battle into the mud, to dispel the criticisms that followed him after Adidon when he refused to follow up. Kendrick didn't bite on the Whitney mention in Push-Ups, but he pushed the line a bit with his bars in Euphoria about Drake's involvement in his son's life, and dared Drake to go deeper. Drake couldn't back down from that (the same way he openly flaunted Kendrick telling him not to use the n-word), stepped into the trap, and the rest was history.

As Budden says here, "In these types of beefs and battles, the person that is less sensitive will have the upper hand."

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
All the noise from Kendrick's team has been 'the daughter is real but we aren't going to ruin an 11 year old's life' so I really doubt they're going to show anything in a music video.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Does "Not Like us" even reference his daughter?
Nope. It'd actually be kind of... off-putting to have anything about her in a video for a song that's more about the underage shit than about his family situation.

But yeah, I think tormenting him with it on MTG met the need to address that particular point sufficiently. Anything else gets pretty messy, if for no other reason than that no matter how "ethically" it's brought up by Kendrick, the internet isn't going to be very ethical about it.

Video should just be footage of the Embassy getting raided.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Kenny needs to make a not like us video that has a dance people imitate on tik tok and becomes a fortnite emote. The true kill shot.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
All I want in the Not Like Us music video is Kendrick with Whitney and his kids having fun. If you gimme that then that's good enough.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
When I get home I'm definitely making a poll for the best bars in this whole thing cuz I'm fascinated by what people pick.

Hit me with anything y'all think was a good line.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Drake isn't that kind of person, and one of the things mentioned about his hubris in the podcast is the consequence of the loss to Pusha T. Drake may have told himself he took that L by choice, but he's not happy with it and how it has changed how people perceive him. Kendrick bet that he would feel a need to lash out to prove that he's not soft and not scared to take the battle into the mud, to dispel the criticisms that followed him after Adidon when he refused to follow up. Kendrick didn't bite on the Whitney mention in Push-Ups, but he pushed the line a bit with his bars in Euphoria about Drake's involvement in his son's life, and dared Drake to go deeper. Drake couldn't back down from that (the same way he openly flaunted Kendrick telling him not to use the n-word), stepped into the trap, and the rest was history.

As Budden says here, "In these types of beefs and battles, the person that is less sensitive will have the upper hand."
I dont think Drake felt like he needed to lash out to prove he's not soft. I think its just how he is nowadays. Like he already did the same shit with Pusha T (and most of the times his disses to other people are also targetting partners of the targets).

too many to choose a top one, but i gotta throw in

"what is it, the braids?"
I am kinda partial to the next bar
"I hurt your feelings? You don't wanna work with me no more? Okay"
Its the way how Kendrik says the questions and the Okay that just makes me burst every time.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
When I get home I'm definitely making a poll for the best bars in this whole thing cuz I'm fascinated by what people pick.

Hit me with anything y'all think was a good line.
"...I got a son to raise, but I can see you don't nothing bout that"

"God, ah, my confession is yours, but who am I if I don't go war?" I don't know how to explain it, but it felt like an energy shift right there.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Some of the lines go entirely on the basis of their delivery, but I don't know if those would count for the poll.

e.g. "Aw, you don't wanna work with me no more? Okay."

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Just love the whole of euphoria tbh. His tone shift when he dives into the 'I'm the biggest hater, I hate the way you…" is so effective. Hits every time. Love that it comes a moment after "We ain't gotta get personal, this a friendly fade, you should keep it that way". Like here's some advice for you but I'm taking it there regardless.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
theres too many bars but "Dear Adonis, I'm sorry that man is your father" might be the best one because of the sheer audacity. The fact that scary ass track STARTS with that and immediately makes everyone pause it is crazy. That shit is so disrespectful

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Everybody wanna be a demon till they get chipped by a throwaway.

I pray you're my real friends
And if not I'm YNW Melly.

Extortion my middle name as soon as you jump off of that plane bitch. I'm allergic to the lame shit only you like being famous.

Last edited:

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, I have no interest in a MV.
Kendrick spoiled us with those 4 tracks in a week.
It's only been 10 days since Euphoria dropped, but it feels like a month.
"Like that" feels like it happened last year.

I agree.

Things have been said, and Not Like Us freed us from ending this in a depressive spiral. We good. No need for more.

I get what yall are saying

BUT

What if the video proves the daughter is real

Gross. We don't need proof. No one should need proof. No good way to show proof.

Honestly I hope she does not exist. She does not deserve to get her life blown up by assholes on the internet.