Votes: 313 41.5%
  • Other

Votes: 14 1.9%

• Total voters

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'll give Drake his props as well.

"Rakim talkin' shit again, Gassed 'cause you hit my BM first, nigga, do the math, who I was hittin' then?"

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to work out of a coffee shop/hotel lobby today and when I was leaving a barista was singing "BBL Drizzy"

Drake should repost this picture since I'm sure it captures his current emotional state

16pws6e4zcr41.jpg

OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Gross. We don't need proof. No one should need proof. No good way to show proof.

Honestly I hope she does not exist. She does not deserve to get her life blown up by assholes on the internet.
not saying its not gross but i wouldnt be surprised if it goes there if its real cause drake keeps going "nuh uh not true".

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
When I get home I'm definitely making a poll for the best bars in this whole thing cuz I'm fascinated by what people pick.

Hit me with anything y'all think was a good line.
You're gonna get plenty of Kendrick lines but I'm gonna mention a Drake line that I found very memorable even if this ultimately led to the biggest meme out of this whole thing.

"metro, shut your hoe ass up and make some drums"

sonicmj1

Oct 25, 2017
"I'm allergic to the lame shit, only you like bein' famous/
Yachty can't give you no swag neither, I don't give a fuck 'bout who you hang with"

I dont think Drake felt like he needed to lash out to prove he's not soft. I think its just how he is nowadays. Like he already did the same shit with Pusha T (and most of the times his disses to other people are also targetting partners of the targets).
The Whitney bar was extremely predictable, as you said, but Push immediately went nuclear after that, and Kendrick didn't. He dared Drake to get as messy as possible (by telling him he shouldn't). He might have been happy to do that regardless, but I think Drake usually prefers to hint at that stuff or reference it in a clever way rather than say it explicitly.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Each day these past few days I listen to all of Kendrick's tracks from Like That to Not Like Us in a row like it's an EP and it hits. Each sound different, each dope.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
When I get home I'm definitely making a poll for the best bars in this whole thing cuz I'm fascinated by what people pick.

My first one like my last one
It's a classic
You don't have one
Let your core audience stomach that
Then tell them where you get your abs from.

I love this. As someone that loves Mr Morale and has never really rated Drake like that it really hit. The abs news was nothing new but the way he framed it was great, I burst out laughing when I heard it the first time.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was about to go to sleep, I've been working 16 hours straight, crazy and awful day
...That said. should I still stay up

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Hot Take: Taylor Made Freestyle is the only diss towards Kendrick that was effective.
I think that's kinda true but it would have been more effective if the song was also good.
If Drake was going to go the shitty AI route he should have went the full way and imitated how Pac and Snoop rap, instead it just sounded like what it was. A Drake song with his voice swapped out.

Although I think I'm also just bias against this shit because of how terrible the AI voice imitations sound. Pac's sounded like what he'd sound like if he recorded a verse on the world's worst phone and Snoop's voice literally just breaks and goes robotic multiple times like a malfunctioning robot.

Funnily, the BBL Drizzy thing is the best sounding AI stuff we've gotten out of this. So Drake lost even that part of this.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Body after fucking body and you know Rick reading my Miranda Rights

Aubrey got squashed but that man was RAPPING on that middle portion for Family Matters

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It's not a fun line by any means but
He's got sex offenders on OV-ho that he keep on a monthly allowance
A child should never be compromised and he's keeping his child around him

had me thinking the room I was in was getting dark.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Body after fucking body and you know Rick reading my Miranda Rights

Aubrey got squashed but that man was RAPPING on that middle portion for Family Matters
I think how good Family Matters is getting overlooked is still the funniest thing to happen. Drake honestly put out one of the best tracks he has put in a while and Kendrick instantly made sure nobody gave a fuck about it.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I think that's kinda true but it would have been more effective if the song was also good.
If Drake was going to go the shitty AI route he should have went the full way and imitated how Pac and Snoop rap, instead it just sounded like what it was. A Drake song with his voice swapped out.

Although I think I'm also just bias against this shit because of how terrible the AI voice imitations sound. Pac's sounded like what he'd sound like if he recorded a verse on the world's worst phone and Snoop's voice literally just breaks and goes robotic multiple times like a malfunctioning robot.

Funnily, the BBL Drizzy thing is the best sounding AI stuff we've gotten out of this. So Drake lost even that part of this.

That's the funniest thing about it because Drake is just rapping like Drake but with other voices. Kendrick, on the other hand, rapped like a ton of of different people on Not Like Us but used his own voice.

Drake will always only be Drake but Kendrick can be anything he wants within Hip Hop.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Also some credit to, "Dear baby girl..." because of how out of fucking nowhere it was and, even if it's not true, how fucking incredible the revelation could seem.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The delivery on "Baka got a weird case why is he around?" always gets me cause Kendrick sounds legitimately weirded out lol

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I liked Drake's final flip of the Michael Jackson/Prince stuff. Family Matters was a great song that just got completely smothered out.

Our kids should go play at the park, two light skin kids the shit would be cute was a nice bar in the middle of all this lmao

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

Hardest Line:

Yeah, Cole and Aubrey know I'm a selfish nigga, the crown is heavy, huh
I pray they my real friends, if not, I'm YNW Melly

Best Diss

Why you trollin' like a bitch? Ain't you tired?
Tryna strike a chord and it's probably A minor

I think how good Family Matters is getting overlooked is still the funniest thing to happen. Drake honestly put out one of the best tracks he has put in a while and Kendrick instantly made sure nobody gave a fuck about it.

FR . In the second verse, He went tf in on everyone not named Kendrick.

Murder scene on your man tonight, then come to the vigil with the candlelight
Body after fuckin' body and you know Rick readin' my Miranda rights

That shit is legit Good

And the last verse was solid too. Not the kill shot to Kendrick he thought it was, but it was strong.

Last edited:

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
your sons a sick man with sick thoughts i think people like him SHOULD DIE
This line is actually funny to me purely cause of the delivery

You don't work with me no more, OKAY
They way he delivered that line sold is annoyance in how Drake was acting.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017

From an ethical view, the song's use of AI absolutely sucks and ruins the whole thing. But questioning Kendrick's role as the successor to Tupac and the best of the West Coast, that had to have hit something in Kendrick. He referenced the song 2 times. If Drake can go deeper with it and put doubt into Kendrick and the West Coast, that would do more damage than bringing up internet gossip shit that has no strong evidence.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
From an ethical view, the song's use of AI absolutely sucks and ruins the whole thing. But questioning Kendrick's role as the successor to Tupac and the best of the West Coast, that had to have hit something in Kendrick. He referenced the song 2 times. If Drake can go deeper with it and put doubt into Kendrick and the West Coast, that would do more damage than bringing up internet gossip shit that has no strong evidence.

He *might* have been able to succeed on that angle before Not Like Us. Now though? The whole West Coast (and most of the world) is united with Kendrick in this.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
not saying its not gross but i wouldnt be surprised if it goes there if its real cause drake keeps going "nuh uh not true".

drake's denying the other more serious stuff too and that would be more damning to his career than an 11yo daughter... at this point the daughter thing barely moves the needle because kendrick has moved past it too with his latest

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
It blew up in his face catastrophically, though. He referenced the song twice to mock him. And they were effective insults that resonated with people. The response to Not Like Us, and Not Like Us' sound in general, is a clear reprisal. Taylor Made was received as a mockery of the west coast and just further underscored Kendrick's arguments that Drake is an outsider who has a more cynically transactional relationship with hip hop and its various regional alliances.

View: https://twitter.com/mustard/status/1786968239677087772