Votes: 141 18.7%
  • Not Like Us

Votes: 314 41.6%
  • Other

Votes: 14 1.9%

• Total voters

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Kendrick dropping MTG 20 minutes after "Family Values" and making sure Drake's best punch went totally unnoticed is some diabolical genius shit and pretty much wrapped this whole thing up.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
From an ethical view, the song's use of AI absolutely sucks and ruins the whole thing. But questioning Kendrick's role as the successor to Tupac and the best of the West Coast, that had to have hit something in Kendrick. He referenced the song 2 times. If Drake can go deeper with it and put doubt into Kendrick and the West Coast, that would do more damage than bringing up internet gossip shit that has no strong evidence.

no. i'm from LA. born, raised, and currently typing this in the hood. just no.

Dot came into this beef sliding on a Rodney O. & Joe Cooley beat. that Taylor Made shit sounded like Drake never heard a Pac song in his life. what it hit in Kendrick is what it hit in all of us: disgust.

finally: Kendrick means more to LA than Pac. we don't claim Pac in LA like that. we love Pac, but he ain't ours. Dot is ours and he was top 3 all time in the Land before this beef even popped off.

taking that angle when Dot's whole criticism of Drake is that he has no culture to claim is a non-starter.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
"Beat yo ass and hide the bible if God watching" is one of the hardest lives I've heard in years. Another underrated line is that John Stockton one. There's been a ton of great lines in this.

"37 and you showing up as a 7 year old"

Powerful.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
If we're going favorite lines all the Kendrick ones got covered and all fantastic. One by drake I keep repeating in my head for some reason is:
(Not sure exact lyrics and at work so can't look up)

"Abel started all this, homie went oooooooh ooooooh
Almost had me reaching for my waist"

Or the start of family matters with drakes mom going:

"I don't think you should start the song with"

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
anyone got that clip of ak where he listens to euphoria the first time and he gets to the part where kendrick is singing "WE DON'T WANNA HEAR YOU SAY **** NO MORE"

and it's just him screaming "YEAH WE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
no. i'm from LA. born, raised, and currently typing this in the hood. just no.

Dot came into this beef sliding on a Rodney O. & Joe Cooley beat. that Taylor Made shit sounded like Drake never heard a Pac song in his life. what it hit in Kendrick is what it hit in all of us: disgust.

finally: Kendrick means more to LA than Pac. we don't claim Pac in LA like that. we love Pac, but he ain't ours. Dot is ours and he was top 3 all time in the Land before this beef even popped off.

taking that angle when Dot's whole criticism of Drake is that he has no culture to claim is a non-starter.
I guess that speaks to how hopeless it is for Drake if I think Taylor was the only one with an interesting narrative, even though it ended up backfiring on him.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
If we're going favorite lines all the Kendrick ones got covered and all fantastic. One by drake I keep repeating in my head for some reason is:
(Not sure exact lyrics and at work so can't look up)

"Abel started all this, homie went oooooooh ooooooh
Almost had me reaching for my waist"

It's "almost started reaching for my waist," as in "Weeknd wanted to grab my dick" (connecting to other lines like "Weeknd music gettin played in all the spots where boys got a little more pride")

also his mom telling him not to use the n word definitely did not help drake's position lmao

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
It's "almost started reaching for my waist," as in "Weeknd wanted to grab my dick" (connecting to other lines like "Weeknd music gettin played in all the spots where boys got a little more pride")

also his mom telling him not to use the n word definitely did not help drake's position lmao
O damn I read that weekend line complete wrong 😂

I still like the mom start tho it's just funny as hell. Did not help it's case but it's so petty it had me laughing every time

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017

I didn't notice this at first (in part because I didn't realize whose voice it was), but when I saw one reaction pointing out that Drake starts Family Matters by disrespecting his own mother it really got me thinking.
Yeah that was like "wow he did do that" and man, couldn't be me. We don't disrespect our moms at all.

It made me remember that old tuna sandwich video with Drake and his mom where he was pissed that she didn't get him a tuna sandwich.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Keep makin' me dance, wavin' my hand, and it won't be no threat

It's so disrespectful in a friendly way lol

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
From an ethical view, the song's use of AI absolutely sucks and ruins the whole thing. But questioning Kendrick's role as the successor to Tupac and the best of the West Coast, that had to have hit something in Kendrick. He referenced the song 2 times. If Drake can go deeper with it and put doubt into Kendrick and the West Coast, that would do more damage than bringing up internet gossip shit that has no strong evidence.
It's not even just an ethical thing to me, I think it sounds like shit for the reasons I said in my post and I think that on top of the fact that others have mentioned, Kendrick's responses to it really hit harder weakens it.

But I do agree that when it comes to disrespect that had to get under Kendrick's skin in a way that most of Drakes other jabs probably didn't.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Body after fucking body and you know Rick reading my Miranda Rights

Aubrey got squashed but that man was RAPPING on that middle portion for Family Matters

Absolutely.

Family Matters is really good.

Better than 6:16 and maybe Meet the Grahams.

It makes me feel like it would be nice had this stayed clean, Drake could have continued producing career bests.

threi

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario, Canada
The very first time I shot me a Drac', the homie had told me to aim it this way
I didn't point down enough, today, I'll show you I learned from those mistakes

One of my favs. The shots went over your head.

For quotables its gotta be BEAT YOUR ASS AND HIDE THE BIBLE IF GOD WATCHIN

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda crazy that Drake has this whole "in my feelings" persona but is completely emotionally immature.
that man had a reverse maturing phase

he started out a little introspective and relatable. immature sure but you could still relate to it on a certain level and if he was any sort of non weirdo he probably could've been doing great r&b-ish middle age man raps by now

then something happened during/after IRYTITL or Views and the man just went full stick talk lmao like who is this guy

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

giphy.gif

RIP CRODIES

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Kinda crazy that Drake has this whole "in my feelings" persona but is completely emotionally immature.

i mean his "in my feelings" persona was emotionally immature as well.

dude was sensitive in that he was easily hurt, but he wasn't sensitive in that he was showcasing any real empathy or insights into the human condition.

he was mostly just being a womanizer with a vulnerable voice. he wasn't Andre 3000.

syncover

Nov 14, 2017
USA
Not a Drake fan, but I have to admit he had some great bars in Family Matters' 2nd verse - problem was he used his best shit on Ross, Weeknd and Asap.

Dot had so many memorable lines which combined with his delivery made them all the more memorable.

From deep shit breaking down Aubrey's character at the most fundamental levels:

Oh, you thought the money, the power or fame would make you go away?

Crave entitlement, but wanna be liked so bad that it's puzzlin'
No dominance, let's recap moments when you didn't fit in
No secret handshakes with your friend
No culture cachet to binge, just disrespectin' your mother
Identity's on the fence, don't know which family will love ya
The skin that you livin' in is compromised in personas
Can't channel your masculine even when standin' next to a woman

To oozing some boss shit like this:

Sometimes you gotta pop out and show niggas
Certified boogeyman, I'm the one that up the score with 'em

I lean on you niggas like another line of Wock'
Yeah, it's all eyes on me, and I'ma send it up to Pac, ayy
Put the wrong label on me, I'ma get 'em dropped, ayy
Sweet Chin Music and I won't pass the aux, ayy
How many stocks do I really have in stock? Ayy
One, two, three, four, five, plus five, ayy
Devil is a lie, he a 69 God, ayy
Freaky-ass niggas need to stay they ass inside, ayy

Out thought, out written, out rapped, out maneuvered, outsold. DAMN.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
"You know, hun, I'm a bit concerned about this negative tone that I'm hearing in your voice these days. I can appreciate where your uncertainty stems from and you have reason to question your anxieties and how disillusioned you feel, as well as feeling skeptical about who you believe you can trust. But that attitude will just hold you back in this life, and you're going to continue to feel alienated. Give some thought to this, because I'm confident in you, and I know you can reach your desired destination and accomplish your goals much more quickly without this confrontation I'm hearing in your tone these days. When others go low, we go high." —Sandi Graham, "Can't Have Everything"
If only he listened to his mom.

Feb 16, 2022
that man had a reverse maturing phase

he started out a little introspective and relatable. immature sure but you could still relate to it on a certain level and if he was any sort of non weirdo he probably could've been doing great r&b-ish middle age man raps by now

then something happened during/after IRYTITL or Views and the man just went full stick talk lmao like who is this guy
fumbling Rihanna would ruin any man

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely.

Family Matters is really good.

Better than 6:16 and maybe Meet the Grahams.

It makes me feel like it would be nice had this stayed clean, Drake could have continued producing career bests.
Family Matters isnt even close to Meet the Grahams lol. It was a decent diss but Meet the Grahams is just an all time great hate song.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that Family Matters is better than Meet the Grahams is the music video. Heck MtG don't even need an MV, used my imagination and got scared AF.