Votes: 234 39.3%
  • Other

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I didn't even realize Taylor was putting out a project this Friday. Who cares though, not the same demo and this ain't a money making play. I thought he would have had stuff ready given all the subs over the years.

Drake definitely got more ammo in the tuck. What does Kendrick know about Drizzy though?

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Drake didnt wait a month to respond to like that. He had to wait a month because the we hate drake brigade had another project dropping that was also marketed on dissing Drake. So yea it makes sense to postpone the diss song to make sure you respond to most of the ppl.
Drake waited, period. He may have even waited longer if the track didn't leak. So all this "Kendrick needs to respond asap" stuff is just Drake fans being hypocritical, especially since Drake isn't even responding to Rick Ross

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Drake waited, period. He may have even waited longer if the track didn't leak. So all this "Kendrick needs to respond asap" stuff is just Drake fans being hypocritical, especially since Drake isn't even responding to Rick Ross
If you see the drake situation and the kendrick situation the same. I cant help you.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I personally don't care if I have to wait weeks for a response as long as the response is good. This "good and fast" stuff is nonsense. Take your time, craft an immaculate record, and put it out when you feel it's right.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
If you see the drake situation and the kendrick situation the same. I cant help you.

Nah, Drake took his time to respond to Kendrick, Kendrick can take his time to respond to Drake.

If Drake wanted it to keep the pressure on Kendrick he shouldn't have went at the rest of them. He played his hand wrong and now he got Rick Ross on his neck and Kendrick still got time to respond.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
200w.gif

Also Ross isnt on anyone's neck. Are you not paying attn to him and Drake's back and forths? They not taking this serious at all.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, Drake took weeks to respond. We don't need to be making excuses for millionaires in this. It ain't that serious. It is what it is. Kendrick got 3-4 weeks like him if people wanna go that route. Regardless the time limit isn't serious. People spending more time on time limit than what's actually said. That's some Akademiks stuff.

As for Drake vs Rozay, this is for sure more serious than a lot of people think because Ross is straight up linking videos of Drake saying nigga with the er instead. There's certain things you don't play with. The "hahaha I'm more rich than you" stuff is fun but you don't play certain things.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Not really sure why people are in such a rush to have Kendrick respond. Just like how Drake responded in due time, I'm sure Kendrick will too. Some of y'all gotta learn patience.

Same thing goes for the J Cole reply. Something immediate isn't needed.

I don't really get this line of thinking. Put out something good instead of something quick.

Honestly Drake took so long and I didn't even expect him to reply in the first place. But I felt "Push Ups" was solid. The Metro line had me dead.

Kendrick didn't name Lupe in Control

All that back and fourth and Lupe wasn't even mentioned in Control? Lol.

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017
All that back and fourth and Lupe wasn't even mentioned in Control? Lol.

That's the thing that cracks me up the most about the people hyping up Lupe earlier. Dude clearly had his feelings hurt over not being mentioned. Not like his responses stuck much with people outside of his cult following either.

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
idk if it was just a budden theory or internet theory but the belief Kendrick is letting this ride because like that is still #1 on billboards would be hilarious

We're def getting a music video for it too eventually

OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
idk if it was just a budden theory or internet theory but the belief Kendrick is letting this ride because like that is still #1 on billboards would be hilarious

feels like not a real story cause Taylor drops this Friday. Like that not being number 1 after next week and anything Kendrick drops won't chart 1 for the next like 2 months due to Taylor

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

Budden theory. The theory that Drake is getting paid from all these rappers/ in a secret partnership with Larry Johnson(Former Apple Music Exec) in Gamma, also originated from Joe as well.

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
feels like not a real story cause Taylor drops this Friday. Like that not being number 1 after next week and anything Kendrick drops won't chart 1 for the next like 2 months due to Taylor
I'm still surprised it edged out Beyoncé there but yea ends at Taylor

Budden theory. The theory that Drake is getting paid from all these rappers/ in a secret partnership with Larry Johnson(Former Apple Music Exec) in Gamma, also originated from Joe as well.
I did just see that Gamma talk from him too but that type of discussion can go off the rails easily lol quite the rabbit hole there

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
You mean someone like Quentin Miller? Yachty isn't the first person who has been linked as a writer for Drake.

Obviously he can't tap Jay or Lupe or Skillz or Cyhi at this point in his career. Yachty is actually a good choice for the current climate, whether you like him or not.

Drake has not been honest about what he wrote and what he didn't, so at this point everything is in question. Maybe he wrote some things, maybe he wrote nothing. His artistic integrity is definitely in question.

My point is, it's lame to be "#1", but tap Yachty for some bottom tier lyrics. Paying for the sound and the vibe is one thing - most hit records are made by committed these days - but you don't need the words verbatim. That's all I'm saying.

As far as artistic integrity, it's just silly to pretend Drake didn't write, or doesn't write.

I ain't a big Drake fan, but I want Kendrick to respond quick. It's been 12 years of jabs, and Drake the only one to deliver some personals.

Did Eminem ever respond to that recent Benzino diss?

Nah, but the fact that it was transparently ghostwritten gives him all the time in the world.

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Taylor taking as many spots as she has tracks on that album. Doesn't matter how many, she's taking em.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Why are we talking about top 100 charts in a rap beef conversation? That shit is irrelevant. That's not the goal for either of these dudes. Drake ain't even put the shit on the DSPs. Kendrick don't need no streams and he already got a #1 this year.

Oct 25, 2017
Why are we talking about top 100 charts in a rap beef conversation? That shit is irrelevant. That's not the goal for either of these dudes. Drake ain't even put the shit on the DSPs. Kendrick don't need no streams and he already got a #1 this year.
Exactly what I was thinking reading this discussion. Taylor dropping her album is not relevant whatsoever in this beef lol.

OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Oct 26, 2020
Exactly what I was thinking reading this discussion. Taylor dropping her album is not relevant whatsoever in this beef lol.
This. But also same time I know if Kendrick absolutely destroys Drake and the song releases on streaming Drake Stan's will push the "song flopped " narrative cause Taylor out charted lmfao

Oct 25, 2017
The drake fans are stupid af then. Taylor will out chart anything Drake releases now as well. The point of this shit is to hurt each others' feelings, not produce a top 40 record lol.

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
And it definitely did on twitter. long threads with lyrics past ig photos and everything lmao.
Yea there's some interesting stuff there lol. However if that all tracks, the average consumer wouldn't care about drake possibly owning a piece of every major rappers pie. It's too music industry/inside baseball to flip into rap battles

If Kendrick doesn't put out anything by this weekend I'm cool with mentally shelving this until he does. Ross shit been wild atleast lol

Last edited:

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I agree, and it's possible that Kendrick isn't making any moves until Drake puts it out officially.
as LTG mentioned, Drake's gonna have to show writing credits on it once it's out there.
But if he releases he also has to show the writing credits

This writing credit thing continues to be misrepresented. If the song was written by people other than Drake, he would simply pay them to NOT take writing credit for it and sign an NDA.

As far as "officially releasing it", I guess yall mean monetize it… it's not unheard of for a diss track to be released this way. I'd be eternally surprised if Diddy clears the 'What's Beef' sample or the 'Get Money' sample

BRVR

Mar 9, 2022
didn't mickey factz also tweet Pusha-T had a response coming too lol not sure if its deleted now

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Ross is hilarious. Dude called the Drake publishing/Gamma conspiracy "minions' opinions" lmao.

OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Oct 26, 2020
GLekBj8WQAA0Ryc

Now I kinda want Kendrick to destroy this man he's getting too cocky

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022
Budden said he's heard from people that apparently heard Kendrick's diss and said it has Hit 'em up levels of energy.

Adidon part 2 incoming?

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Budden said he's heard from people that apparently heard Kendrick's diss and said it has Hit 'em up levels of energy.

Adidon part 2 incoming?
His podcast? I been thinking of resubscribing but I haven't been listening much since the Rory and Mal breakup. I just hear clips here and there. Is it worth it?

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

Adidon part 2 incoming?
That's been the hype around it for like a week. There was a tweet making the rounds that had legendary disses like Eazy's Real mf G', Quik's Dolla's + Sense etc.
Then had Kendrick's ???? at the end of the list.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Since we talking about Millie and drake, Tyler dropped a line on that in lumberjack that's gets me every time I hear it

"I hit drizzy and told him I had a Milli for him"

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
His podcast? I been thinking of resubscribing but I haven't been listening much since the Rory and Mal breakup. I just hear clips here and there. Is it worth it?

He locked the discussion breakdown under the $10 tier.

Rory, Mal and Joe said Pushups isn't the "nuke" they were talking about in regards to Drake. He has something else. Mal says Drake has more targeted songs to drop

Ish said he heard Kendrick's diss is basically like 2pac Hit'em up and Drake can't match that type of energy

In the end Mal has a direct line to Drake. Joe is going off 2nd hand info. His personal feeling is that Drake really doesn't have anything on Kendrick yet and that's why Drake wants Kendrick to drop so bad