• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
a lot of really bizarre overreactions to that one post in here

You'll have to forgive people if they're not thinking up thoughtful, nuanced reactions to "are we sure this shooting wasn't staged for attention" posts...

Most of us haven't taken enough Infowars multivitamins to reach that level of enlightenment.

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sadly this was my immediate thought as well. I think a lot more info is necessary. If some psycho truly knows his address and is firing a gun then the authorities need to get on it and house cam facing the street is 100 % needed.

It is amazing how many people jump at simply the questioning.

As if I was inferring he was faking it. I was simply asking a question.

He needs to go the police and I hope he stopped streaming immediately.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I imagine this is stream related. How the hell did someone get his address? Is it public information? Because it certainly shouldn't be.

FWIW, I work in the mortgage experience and I can find most properties you are on the deed for with just your name in plenty of states.

I imagine people more desperate for something crazy like this can find ways to get information they don't need for nefarious deeds.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Horrible, hope they catch them but hopefully Doc can install some cameras powerful enough to catch license plates.

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio

Your question relied on you making inference that he lied, so, your comment was still extremely inappropriate.

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Your question relied on you making inference that he lied, so, your comment was still extremely inappropriate.

Incorrect.

My question was simply looking for confirmation that it was real.

Which in today's culture where you tubers fight for as much publicity as possible I didn't think it would get received with such incoherent vitriol.

I didn't infer anything, if you read into the question you need to look in the mirror. Not at me.

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
After this? I wouldn't be surprised, plus they probably will have a cop car not far away.
This is all sorts of fucked up. It is similar to that dude who drove around i think Florida state shooting at female drivers because he felt they were inferior to men. He did that some 10 times before getting caught, luckily no one was hurt.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
What the fuck. How demented in the head do you have to be to think that this is OK? Scares me to know that people just walk around with guns and think it's OK to just shoot at someone's house... Doesn't matter who it is, doesn't matter what they've done to you (if anything) -- you just don't fucking do shit like this.

Fuck this. This makes me irrationally angry.

Take5GiantSteps

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Incorrect.

Which in today's culture where you tubers fight for as much publicity as possible I didn't think it would get received with such incoherent vitriol.

I didn't infer anything, if you read into the question you need to look in the mirror. Not at me.

Yeah, nobody else in this thread thought it was inappropriate. Nope. Definitely just me who needs to take a look in the mirror. *heavy eye roll*

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
You just said his wife and kid, not him. I took that to be excluding him out of spite.

My apologies for misinterpreting you.

Consider this: his family -- his children -- probably have very little idea about the reach of his streaming platform and when shit like this, or swatting happens, their lives are at risk for something they have absolutely no control over which is their folks' and their job.

That wotries me the most when these stories come up.

I'll go ahead and assume people think your making a joke because of the earlier incident of Doc cheating on his wife.

I wasn't and that definitely isn't a reason for me to hold a grudge against someone.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
What the fuck. How demented in the head do you have to be to think that this is OK? Scares me to know that people just walk around with guns and think it's OK to just shoot at someone's house... Doesn't matter who it is, doesn't matter what they've done to you (if anything) -- you just don't fucking do shit like this.

Fuck this. This makes me irrationally angry.
There's nothing irrational about being angry about this. For a multitude of reasons.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

Yeah I hear you on that. But it's ok. What's important is nobody seems to be hurt (physically). I feel so fucking sad on so many levels about this topic. And angry.

Maybe somewhere on the internet some assholes were talking about doing this and the suspect can be discovered that way. What ever the case I wouldn't stay at that house.

OP
OP
AgainstTheCurrent
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Consider this: his family -- his children -- probably have very little idea about the reach of his streaming platform and when shit like this, or swatting happens, their lives are at risk for something they have absolutely no control over which is their folks' and their job.

That wotries me the most when these stories come up.

I wasn't and that definitely isn't a reason for me to hold a grudge against someone.
I think Mrs Disrespect definitely knows his reach. There's millions in the bank and he's flying over the world.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Incorrect.

You inferred that it could have been a publicity stunt. Something which you are doubling down with in this post. The posts towards you were not incoherent vitriol (except the post saying you should be banned, that's a little bit dumb), they were just showing that you were acting in a distasteful manner by straight away questioning if it was real or not.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

Dude youre being really irrational here. Please cool off and stop attacking people. There's a far more pressing issue to discuss in this topic. Be thankful nobody was injured.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"Just asking questions" is a common tactic from alt-right idiots, so good job using the same thing.
Would you go on a metoo thread and ask "but was she really assaulted?"

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You inferred that it could have been a publicity stunt. Something which you are doubling down with in this post. The posts towards you were not incoherent vitriol, they were just showing that you were acting in a distasteful manner by straight away questioning if it was real or not.

How in the world is it disrespectful when I know nothing of the personality in question and there have been instances in the past where distasteful things such as this are faked?

I didn't infer anything

I asked if it was 100% real then asked for confirmation with the word correct.

That is not inferring.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
How in the world is it disrespectful when I know nothing of the personality in question and there have been instances in the past where distasteful things such as this are faked.

I didn't infer anything

That is not inferring.

The first thing you ask is if it's real or not, instead of asking if he and his family were alright. You made a dumb comment, take the L.

On topic, this is really worrying, I really fear that one day a streamer/youtuber is going to be killed by some crazy hater who finds out their address.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Just asking questions" is a common tactic from alt-right idiots, so good job using the same thing.
Would you go on a metoo thread and ask "but was she really assaulted?"

How in the world is it disrespectful when I know nothing of the personality in question and there have been instances in the past where distasteful things such as this are faked?

I didn't infer anything

That is not inferring.

The first thing you ask is if it's real or not, instead of asking if he and his family were alright. You made a dumb comment, take the L.

On topic, this is really worrying, I really fear that one day a streamer/youtuber is going to be killed by some crazy hater who finds out their address.

What the hell is this? Now I'm being compared to the alt right and being told to "take the L" just for looking for confirmation the video by a YouTube personality is authentic?

Jesus Christ. I assumed his family was ok cuz who the hell would come back on stream if their family was harmed. How does that make sense?

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Man fuck this guy. Hope he gets caught and is put away for good. This is straight up attempted murder.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
What the hell is this? Now I'm being compared to the alt right and being told to "take the L" just for looking for confirmation the video by a YouTube personality is authentic?

Jesus Christ. I assumed his family was ok cuz who the hell would come back on stream if their family was harmed. How does that make sense?
Have a little faith in this site that someone posting this could discern if it was real or not and if it was 'fake' they wouldn't present it in the way it has been.

GodofWine

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was watching live, it was like he saw something, then heard something..I wonder if he could see out to the street from his 'command center'. He came back looking like a man who had his house shot at - so I think any questions of this being real are not at all appropriate - he's got a family in there.

It really wouldn't shock me that its some deranged person who wants to be a streamer but failed at it, and its just their way of being famous - but that could be a crazy theory. (it could be a case of wrong house targeted too - many years ago my family's car kept getting windows broken because my neighbor yelled at some kids - and at that moment our car was in front of their house, so they assumed it was hers)

I'd have my family out of there today until they catch that person, he's fortunate to have the funds to do that without going broke. Gated communities where he lives (SoCal) are so expensive though, might not be an option even for a guy making 100K a month+

Anyway, hope they are all safe.

Shlice

Nov 6, 2017
Damn he's pretty calm for just getting shot at with a pregnant wife and kid at home.

Maybe he was home alone?

I hope they catch the bastard(s)

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US

Jesus Christ. I assumed his family was ok cuz who the hell would come back on stream if their family was harmed? How does that make sense?

Don't ask questions to get the facts. Don't try to get your facts straight and try to join in on the conversation and stay aligned with everyone else or else you're a nazi. Make assumptions based on what others are saying instead of knowing what's going on.

Remember question nothing and agree with everyone. That's how it works in reset era. You're either one extreme or another.

Pragmatism is dead stop trying to talk your way out of doing nothing wrong at all.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is wrong with people!?!? Why the fuck would someone do this?!?!?

Dec 1, 2017

Here's a better exercise - what did you have to lose by assuming it was real??? What did you hope to gain by being a skeptic in this situation?

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
celebrity, unfortunately, has always had its downside. it's the reason that the truly mega-famous make sure that they live apart from the rest of us...