• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is ridiculous. Over dumb videogames...I hope him and his family can find a safer place to be until they catch the person.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
So if there was a cam towards the street that had a extremely visible positive ID on the shooter, does the evidence get thrown out on the sheer fact that it was pointed out at a public place?

That's a possibility yes. If a kid steals a bike, someone kicks down a postbox etc etc.. evidence would likely be declared non usable.

But if it's a major crime I'm sure they would make it work somehow. In this case.. I'm sure they would find a way because of circumstances.
Like in this case.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Man I don't like Doc at all but this shit is fucked up.

There are way too many people jumping a guy for having a fairly logical inquiry... Doc has an incredibly played up persona to popularize his channel, has made his "affairs" public and that was also questioned for attention/views. Why would it be unfair to ponder that? I am not, because I saw a report about the police/deputy that was made public, but it is not ILLOGICAL to wonder if it wasn't part of his theatrics...

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
There are way too many people jumping a guy for having a fairly logical inquiry... Doc has an incredibly played up persona to popularize his channel, has made his "affairs" public and that was also questioned for attention/views. Why would it be unfair to ponder that? I am not, because I saw a report about the police/deputy that was made public, but it is not ILLOGICAL to wonder if it wasn't part of his theatrics...
Yeah, I completely agree. A lot of what made him popular was a persona that hyped up everything, but I don't think a dude who comes forth and just flat out admits some of his faults would lie about getting harassed/his house shot at.

OP
OP
AgainstTheCurrent
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Kotaku reached out to police in Beahm's district, who confirmed that they have a deputy on the scene and are investigating. No medics were needed, they said. Kotaku also reached out to Beahm, but as of publishing, he hadn't replied.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
What is to be gained with that knowledge though? What changes for the person behind a computer reading this and reacting to it if it wasn't real? Let something actually come about that would question if this was real or not before doing it.

Help isn't being solicited. Donations aren't being asked for. If this was fake, nothing would change on here.

Questioning everything as potentially fake at first blush doesn't actually do less harm or help anything or anyone. Especially in this era of calling very real journalism and reporting as 'fake news'. When people are at risk of harm, questioning them first isn't something that needs to be lauded.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how much friendlier ResetEra as a community feels, in the alternate universe where every tenth post isn't punctuated with "fuck off" or "what the FUCK is WRONG with you"

nomis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
can't believe the youtube comments (and resetera post) implying this is him trying to stay relevant

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of these Youtubers/streamers seem to have their own Chapmans (man who killed Johan Lennon).
This is all tragedy bound to happen.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy, I'm sure hes already contacted the authorities and hopefully they get someone watching the house hopefully catching the person(s) involved in this.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
AgainstTheCurrent would you mind adding the Kotaku reporting to the OP?
Kotaku reached out to police in Beahm's district, who confirmed that they have a deputy on the scene and are investigating. No medics were needed, they said. Kotaku also reached out to Beahm, but as of publishing, he hadn't replied.

As of now, there's a message on his Twitch page that reads, "Doc and Family Are Safe. Proper Measures are be taken while stream is down for the day."
https://kotaku.com/twitch-streamer-dr-disrespect-stops-stream-saying-his-1828975503

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to hear everyone is safe for now. Dude has a 4 or 5 year old kid IIRC.

I hope they catch this spineless bastard and throw the book at em for Attempted Murder.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Having basic empathy at first would help with that
To imply that someone is without empathy based on a single internet comment, one that wasn't even malicious (just dumb), sounds to me like a pretty unempathetic thing to do. That is to imply something deeply negative about the character of someone whom you hardly know, based on so little. We can all express ourselves and our entire range of emotion without going 0 to 100 whenever someone says something dumb.

What is to be gained with that knowledge though? What changes for the person behind a computer reading this and reacting to it if it wasn't real? Let something actually come about that would question if this was real or not before doing it.

Help isn't being solicited. Donations aren't being asked for. If this was fake, nothing would change on here.

Questioning everything as potentially fake at first blush doesn't actually do less harm or help anything or anyone. Especially in this era of calling very real journalism and reporting as 'fake news'. When people are at risk of harm, questioning them first isn't something that needs to be lauded.

Headlines are money. Look at POTUS. By just dominating headlines you can gain a TON of viewers and what is the conversion rate for a viewer to a sub/$?

Again, to me it seems pretty clear this was real. The police report is proof positive. But the initial thoughts some had whether his overly dramatized channel having a hoax for attention is not an absurd thought...

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
He's not questioning them. He's posting a question on an Internet forum that has no bearing on the real world
Questioning if this is real or not isn't questioning the victim? It's not directly asking them but it is still making your first reaction to a serious situation skepticism. AFAIK, there's no reason to believe this not to be true at first glance.

I go back to my original point: have just the smallest faith in this site and the person that would make this topic being able to discern reality and a prank until there is something that actually deserves skepticism.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Headlines are money. Look at POTUS. By just dominating headlines you can gain a TON of viewers and what is the conversion rate for a viewer to a sub/$?
I don't think a first reaction being that this is a conspiracy for Twitch sub money is a reasonable viewpoint that should be entertained or given a platform on here with zero evidence supporting it.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
This is just insane to me, hope he and his family are safe and he filed a police report

Really? Any idea which stream? That's so freaking weird.

It was when they were renting a beach house last year. They put up a video that was a tour of the house and the surrounding area and the next day someone had a pizza delivered to the address they were staying at.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
If my house got shot at (which it has before, I'm originally from the hood), I would not keep streaming to tell people what's going on. o_o

I hope they catch and stop the shooter.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Yeah he has played up controversy for views in the past but the man isn't some great actor and he seems both really perturbed and angry in the clip. That and ending his stream early seems like more than enough reason for me to believe him (and someone who's been very critical of him in the past).

Hopefully he can take a break from streaming and get the help from law enforcement that he and his family need to feel safe again.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
If my house got shot at (which it has before, I'm originally from the hood), I would not keep streaming to tell people what's going on. o_o

I hope they catch and stop the shooter.
He's a public figure. Cutting off the stream abruptly with no notice would lead to more speculation and conjecture. He stated what happened and ended the stream immediately after.