• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Will there be a retail version, too? Does the EA version include the campaign?
there will be a retail version when the full game comes out.
the Early access version wont feature a campaign but when the full game officially launches the EA version will just get updated for the full game with the campaign.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It seems like a waste if I'm going to want to transfer stuff over to the full game. I'll just wait it out, I guess.

Huh? You just make a US account to buy it, not to play with.
I, with my personal German account have extra Austria, Switzerland, US, Japan and Hongkong Account for several deals and exclusives. But I play everything with my main account.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It's coming out this year and probably not too many months behind Early Access.

Yeah thats what I think. Max 6 month window but hopefully less. I'm more wondering about the EA launch - if it was March you'd think that is close enough to give a date or at least say 'March'. So spring is probably at least May? Hopefully not June because that bloody isn't spring in the UK :P

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
Yeah thats what I think. Max 6 month window but hopefully less. I'm more wondering about the EA launch - if it was March you'd think that is close enough to give a date or at least say 'March'. So spring is probably at least May? Hopefully not June because that bloody isn't spring in the UK :P

I doubt it will be a month because of them saying Early Access will get constant updates. A month doesn't seem long enough for that to have any real meaning. I'd say anywhere between 2 months and 4 months is more likely. Of course they could always delay it further and offer a second round of EA if the game does well in the first ... I'm personally plumping for June/July for the full release and the end of March/beginning of April for EA. The reason I've always favoured late March is because the full Days Gone promotions will be kicking in in April and may overshadow Dreams.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i kinda want to make the OT when Creator EA is out but that will be a work in progress just like the EA build
that way we can stop having like 3+ Dreams thread and i don't have to follow it all lol

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
This is the right way to roll out this game. Get the people who are going to sell it to everyone else involved as early as possible, and let it blossom into something incredible. Then invite the masses in as well!

My thoughts exactly. It's a very interesting strategy. I'll definitely try to get my hands on it. Though part of me knows that I might take a spot of a more prolific creator haha

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
I was never sold on this game when it was announced. I'm not creative at all when it comes to things like this, but I definitely want to get this just to play other people's creations. When they got rid of the NDA that was the best marketing they could ever do. I've been so impressed with the little I've seen on YouTube and Twitter from people that were in the beta...

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Sry....but I must say again that creator early access is a great strategy for tons of well done content at launch.

And the 30 $/€ with no more costs for the final version is very friendly.

Bravo Mm !!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
From the February newsletter

We heard you loud and clear during the beta - that you were ready to dive in - and so even though we have more work to do on features and content that we want to be there for the full release, we're happy to work on those alongside you, because you helped us realise the tools suite is ready to go and it would be silly not to let our most invested fans get started. So thank you, you inspire us!

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Sry....but I must say again that creator early access is a great strategy for tons of well done content at launch.

And the 30 $/€ with no more costs for the final version is very friendly.

Bravo Mm !!
Yeah this is exactly the start this game needs. Could be a huge success on PS4/PS5 now being so accessible to so many people.

I would still give a baseline version away on PS+ as well down the road. The more creators the better.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

The same way you do it since PS3 days.
Make a new account, choose a different country, activate the console as main console for this new account in the profile settings and everything you buy with this account can be played from every other account.

Basically Sony account sharing but on the same console.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
isnt Michael Jackson the owner of all The beatles songs?

Sony bought out half his stake, and took over operational control, with an option to buy the rest. edit - sorry, my info was out of date...the acquired the whole stake in 2016.

I'm not sure Sony Music would necessarily be deterred from issuing a DMCA in this context though, just because it's on a platform owned by another company under the same conglomerate.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2018
Sony bought out half his stake, and took over operational control, with an option to buy the rest.

I'm not sure Sony Music would necessarily be deterred from issuing a DMCA in this context though, just because it's on a platform owned by another company under the same conglomerate.

They bought the rest of it after he died. The Michael Jackson Estate has no stake in the Beatles copyright anymore.

You could be right though. I forgot Sony/ATV could still get mad about it being in an SIE product.