• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I dont get it... thats a fucking steal ffs. Why would aomy do that? Dreams must be like 50-60 dollars game right? Not their 40 dollars stuff. Maybe it will be really limited.
They want creators early so that they'll have content for the general release, that's why they're doing it.
It is a surprisingly good deal, though.

Zetran

Oct 25, 2017
And, I think, they want to keep the momentum from the beta going.

I think the beta worked out better than they expected in terms of the quality of creator content, and the attention it attracted. Makes sense to strike while the iron is hot and keep that going in the run up to release.

This will market the game for them also. Seeing a lot of cool content, grabbing attention with that content on twitch and in the media etc, and surprising people with what can be done, will build tension among people who want to get in, and help the game's launch. The beta gave a taste of the potential in terms of marketing, this early access could amp it up.

It will turn into the full package in the end. During the early access phase it will be what was in the beta, basically, (creator mode, tutorials, the dreamiverse) with updates to those features as they're developed.
Bingo. By the time Dreams fully released people would have full access to lots of cool shit no need to wait. Infinite Games for you to choose.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
If that's the case (and I can understand that), then I'd suggest jumping on this AND buying a copy for someone else. Someone really creative, that wouldn't have gotten it otherwise (or do a giveaway), that way MM gets the support and there's a larger pool of creators.

I'll certainly do that.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
They want creators early so that they'll have content for the general release, that's why they're doing it.
It is a surprisingly good deal, though.

I know why are they doing it. I just dont get why is it so cheap. It base game is going to be like 50 or 60.it shouldnt be less than 40 but hey, sony knows what to do.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
This is a 50% rebate on the game before it even launches. The quantities are limited. Expect this to sell out in minutes.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
If I don't get into this thing because of the people who just want to save some money and not create anything, I'm gonna be so pissed.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
The communication from MM has been very poor. There are people that still believe its the full game.
Its freaking right their on the blog.

What is Creator Early Access?

Early Access won't have everything that the full version of Dreams will, but you'll get 100% of the same Dreams tools that we have used every day at MM to make our content. As well as fun, deep interactive tutorials catering for all skill sets and levels and Mm-crafted arcade games ready to play and remix. If you joined us during the beta period and published your assets, you'll also have your beta creations to return to. Along the way, we'll be adding more features, tutorials, arcade levels and assets during the Early Access period as we build towards the full slate of launch content.

Just like with LittleBigPlanet, we have always planned to evolve Dreams with the community and this is just the start. We'll use Early Access to help us prioritize all the awesome stuff we're already working on and get feedback as player needs develop and evolve. With refinements, bug fixes and brand new features on the way, we are kicking off the live service side of Dreams so the community can get their first look at how we'll continue to support the game.

In Early Access, you can stream, entertain, teach, collaborate and share to your heart's content.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/02/20/dreams-creator-early-access-launches-this-spring/

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
I don't normally buy Early Access stuff. But I've been hyped about this game enough to TRY (please MM..Let me be able to get in on it.) and get this. Around the spring time, I guess I'll have to keep some money on my card the moment it goes up!

Oct 27, 2017
I know why are they doing it. I just dont get why is it so cheap. It base game is going to be like 50 or 60.it shouldnt be less than 40 but hey, sony knows what to do.

This will probably be an invaluable way of building hype for the full release and ensure there's a ton of content ready fir the proper launch. It seems like they really are treating it like a proper Early Access release, which are typically priced lower to entice people at an early stage while the game is still in development.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Some absolutely amazing things came out of the beta which had less people and less time than the EA. It will be exciting to see what comes out before the full launch.

neojmr

Jun 3, 2018
the only real thing not done is the story campaign. the creation tool is pretty much complete and working. without any major issue during the beta.

thats why they are calling it Dreams Creator Early Access. Not Dreams Early Access. which is that. early access to the creation tools.

this game got the best creation tools in the world,and countless stories that players created,the only thing missing is its own story...lol

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Another benefit to this that I saw someone make.

Assuming most people who buy it are creators, by the time the full game comes out, anyone getting into it will already have a slew of custom content ready to go.

Unless they come out and say the full retail price of the game, I'm pretty sure anyone interested in Dreams is going to try and buy it when it's up.

It's kind of a weird dilemma. As far as what I plan to do with Dreams, the this creator early access isn't "for me" but if I can spend $30 now and get the full game when it's out then why wouldn't I try to get this.

Coconico

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I really don't understand why they'd opt to create "scarcity" with a digital product? My only assumption is to increase the prestige of streams and videos in the lead up to launch. As more people create more "PT Recreated in Dreams" videos and such that go viral, more people will become interested, which in of itself--becomes the marketing cycle for the game. Kind of ingenious considering how most people's problem with the game stems from the messaging, leading to the obvious "What exactly is Dreams?" question (or meme, if we're being honest.)

But you'd think it'd be better to let someone see that video, become interested in the product and immediately be able to dive in and purchase rather than have to wait an arbitrary amount of time--but who knows. Unless I'm misunderstanding the messaging here?

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
I'm assuming they are making this a limited release to increase demand, especially when creations starts getting shown by content creators on YouTube, Twitch, etc.

Regardless, I'll try to pick up a copy. I've kept my eye on Dreams for a while so I'm interested in seeing what I can create with it.