• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
b6PJsTi.png

Signing up for the newsletter now won't put you in the beta

• Only accessible for those following the Media Molecule community newsletter.
  • Will last through 19th December - 21st January.
  • General beta signups start 8th January
  • 4 GB download
  • Beta doesn't support PSVR
  • Getting invite codes tomorrow.
  • No PS+ needed.
  • Must sign a confidentiality agreement.

Q: Do I need to be 18 to participate in the Beta?
A:
Yes, you do. Only players 18 or older qualify to participate in beta tests run by Sony. If you are under 18 and apply, your application will be rejected. The final version of Dreams will not carry this age restriction and will come with a PEGI and ESRB rating for age guidance.
Q: What will be available in this build?
A:
Our focus for beta is the create tools, so you'll find a pretty complete set of those as well as a partial set of tutorials to get you started. Our social features aren't 100% in yet, but you'll find some implemented and we'd love feedback on those areas. We'll have a few mini-games made by the team here and allow access to our companion site indreams.me.
Q: Is the beta only open to EU and US participants?
A:
Yes, the beta is only available in English and has been limited to EU, AUS, Middle East, Canada, Africa and US participants at this stage. We will list the full slate of languages for Dreams closer to launch.
Q: I JUST signed up for the newsletter, will I get a code?
A:
No, unfortunately we are only able to distribute codes to people who joined the newsletter before December 7th.
Q: I signed up for the newsletter in time but didn't receive a code. Help!?
A:
We weren't able to send codes to anyone who A) Didn't confirm their email as requested B) Doesn't fit the age/location criteria C) Doesn't have a PSN ID associated with their account. If you qualify but didn't receive your code please contact us at [email protected] so we can look into it.
Q:How many people can participate?
A:
We need lots of people to get the data we're looking for, but we don't have a hard number on how many people we'll let in. We will be inducting players in waves starting the week of January 8th, so when you don't immediately get access after the sign-up period ends, don't panic! We'll be adding players as we go. We can't promise everyone who signs up will get in but we'll try our best.
Q:What will NOT be available in this build?
A:
Our story mode won't be playable in Beta. We've also removed a lot of our content (bits & bobs, assets, unfinished things) as we want to ensure that everything on the server is finished and can carry over into the final game. We don't want to tweak anything of ours that you've used in your creations between now and launch and accidentally ruin your work. There also won't be trophies, some of the Dreamiverse (social) features or the full slate of imp customization, imp quests or final Community Challenge flow.
Q: Is local co-op in the beta build?
A:
Yes and no, You can play anything in play mode with a local player but co-op create (edit mode with two local players) isn't available in beta.
Q: What about VR?
A:
VR is not supported in the beta. We'll have more details about VR for Dreams closer to launch.
Q:Will my creations carry over into the final game?
A:
Yes, the current plan is that you'll be able to revisit what you create for beta in the final game (barring a tragic technical error between now and then!).
Q:Will my progress carry over into the final game?
A:
No. Your persona and imp quest progress will be reset for the final game.
Q:How long will it run?
A:
January 21st. We want to make sure we give our players a significant chunk of time to get familiar with the tools and make cool stuff, so we'll be running the beta for quite a while!
Q: I am excited to play Dreams, but I'm not much of a creator, is this beta for me?
A:
While the full version of Dreams has lots to offer for non-creators, beta is really just focused on creation. We don't want to discourage you from finding your inner artist, but the bulk of playable things in Dreams aren't included in this version. There's a lot of fun to be had in the creation process though, so if you're curious, we'd love to have you.
Q: NDA? Why? Isn't Dreams all about sharing?
A:
That's true, but we're not quite ready to share everything yet. It's key to this stage of development that we can get direct feedback and iterate before we're ready to let everyone go nuts on the internet. We can't wait for that day, but that isn't today.
Q: Where CAN I discuss the beta?
A:
We have a forum set up at feedback.indreams.me where you can connect with us to give feedback and chat to other players.
Q: Do I need PS Plus to join the beta?
A:
No, PS Plus is not required for Beta BUT you may be unable to connect to Dreams if the PlayStation Network is down or experiencing issues.
Q: How much save space does the beta take?
A:
The beta takes about 4 gigs of storage space, so you'll still have plenty of space for those other games you're playing!

Last edited:

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Oh wow they did it, it's coming this year after all. Crazy.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
lol. I got their website to load but I can't find anything about signing up for a newsletter. Wonder if they removed the link.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not really interested in the creation-aspect. I just want to play the games/level creative community members will build.

I'll just wait till January I guess even though I have the newsletter.