• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Controller Preference

• Only used DS4

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • Only used Move

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Used both, prefer DS4

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Used both, prefer Move

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Used both, like them equally

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
There is the Dreams site that lets you link to your creations for other people to follow and play when they are back in the game later.

https://indreams.me/

You can follow creators. Just click on their name and then the follow button at the top right corner. For your list of people/creations you're following, just go back to the main menu and click on your profile, there's the number up top for Following that you can click on for a list of the people you follow and at the bottom is the button to bring up creations you're following.

i only see the creation i specifically saved in a collection, but i don't see the creation i just followed

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to redo all the tutorials again tonight, which sounds weird, but woke up this morning and was moving around easily with the Moves - much more so than yesterday. Definitely sinking time into understanding the tools and experimenting with everything. I cannot wait to wrap my head around everything so I can create at will. Really great fun.

Even after weeks in the beta I still went back to the tutorials sometimes! I think I did them all at least twice. Once to see how all this worked, then again to remember how it all worked when I needed to do that particular thing it taught.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That looks cool as hell! What control scheme are you using? Only been Dreaming for a day but honestly can't imagine making anything that precise with the DS4 lol.

A DS4 is exactly what I'm using lol. I'm sure Moves are superior but I'm making it work with the DS4 haha.
You can be pretty precise with a DS4. This is some Star Wars stuff I made in the beta, all DS4.
vadervqkd2.png

tiefixedpxjrh.png

tatooineinvasionv2ka5.png

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
The standard puppet that you get is super easy to put into a world and walk around.

It is not super easy to tune it to tight platforming. I think for that kind of thing you'll get people making new bespoke characters that hopefully others can reuse. Eg if they've been republished try 'sprout' the cat or 'shadow the dog' which were both created by Mm employees in their spare time and control more tightly than the regular puppet

Thx, i'll look for that, that's interesting to see what can be achieved.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling I'm going to need to redo tutorials at some point. There's... A lot. I'm already forgetting where stuff is in the menus, plus my focus is all thrown off from staving off motion sickness from the camera controls

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone found any decent Game of Thrones-inspired dreams yet?

Edit:
A DS4 is exactly what I'm using lol. I'm sure Moves are superior but I'm making it work with the DS4 haha.
You can be pretty precise with a DS4. This is some Star Wars stuff I made in the beta, all DS4.
Whoa, those look amazing!

Last edited:

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
On Darth Vader's helmet there, how did you get the ridges on his mouthpiece to so cleanly fit within the trapezoidal design? Did you have to trim the top edge of each rectangle manually with a negative-space shape? I have the same question about the fins on the TIE fighter wings I suppose

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Oh bois Im impressed lol
Really, yesterday I played around 3/4 levels and I coudnt believe people made some of that stuff on the previous Betas.
My hype for what we are going to see in a few months is just insane at this point.
Specially with VR in mind.
With that being said I got some questions if anyone can help me :
- How can I share content with a friend ? Do I have to follow him in the dreamverse first ? I searched yesterday but didnt have any success.
- What are some of the bests experiences you guys have find yet ? Do we have a list of recommended levels ?
- For a person that never tried anything before as a creator but after seeing some things yesterday felt the urge to try to construct something too...where should I start ?

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017

My question is, are there ways to animate these models moving in pieces? Do you just make separate sculpts and connect them with connectors and joints, and just sculpt them in such away that the model clipping isn't unbearable? :)

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to wait for the full release as I'm mainly interested in creation for VR but EA is too tempting.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
If this launches 2019 it's going to be GOTG. The early content is so cool and we're not even at launch yet. Can't wait to dream surf at launch and play the story mode!

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Stupid questions maybe, but will I have to buy the full game as well as this?

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason, from a resource cost perspective, not to stack sculpts and instead try to create everything within a single sculpt?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
It can get kind of discouraging going through some stuff and it's just too janky, but then you play some other things and realize that, if something like Marbelous or Shifting Islands can be done within a month or however long the beta was, there is much hope yet for actual polished feeling and creative games. And then I get super excited.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
How do you make paintings react to you walking past? Was it just making them physical? Daughter is making a field of flowers and can't figure it out. Not on the PS4 right now but remember there was a field of grass that did something similar

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
It can get kind of discouraging going through some stuff and it's just too janky, but then you play some other things and realize that, if something like Marbelous or Shifting Islands can be done within a month or however long the beta was, there is much hope yet for actual polished feeling and creative games. And then I get super excited.
Shifting Islands didn't even take the length of the beta. Check out SlurmMackenzie's full creation suite. He made a ton of great stuff.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Shifting Islands didn't even take the length of the beta. Check out SlurmMackenzie's full creation suite. He made a ton of great stuff.
I will do that. Thanks.

I think Marbelous is the most impressive game so far in terms of genuinely not feeling like part of a creative suite built in a game. Shifting Island is up there, though.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

For me it's as much about me creating something for my own pleasure as playing anything 'good' from other people. And I'm not even creative

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
For me it's as much about me creating something for my own pleasure as playing anything 'good' from other people. And I'm not even creative
That's totally fair and that's how a lot of people who play stuff like this feel. For me, it's the excitement by the prospect of playing genuinely polished experiences, because I know it can be done. And THEN thinking about how an individual or group of individuals made a game that impressive in a piece of software like this.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Whoa, those look amazing!
Thanks haha!

On Darth Vader's helmet there, how did you get the ridges on his mouthpiece to so cleanly fit within the trapezoidal design? Did you have to trim the top edge of each rectangle manually with a negative-space shape? I have the same question about the fins on the TIE fighter wings I suppose

Yeah it was all done manually and then cloned, the Tie Fighter being the hardest. The first few attempts were fails, my angles were way off and not adding up and the shape of the fin was either too wide or too long. Lots of trial and error but once i had a side looking decent i cloned it to make the other side. Before it was cloned though i had to trim each piece myself.

My question is, are there ways to animate these models moving in pieces? Do you just make separate sculpts and connect them with connectors and joints, and just sculpt them in such away that the model clipping isn't unbearable? :)

I'm pretty sure you can animate them in pieces, especially if you want them to move seperately. What i did though is just sculpt each piece seperately and then grouped them all together which turned it all into a single object. No connectors or joints were used, just lots of sculpting lol.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I understand that everything in this game is basically made out of "flakes" to achieve all this. But I wish these flakes would at least have the same color so that smooth and even objects like walls and floors look like one single colored object. Weird that this isn't really possible.
At least zoomed out most stuff looks fantastic.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
I understand that everything in this game is basically made out of "flakes" to achieve all this. But I wish these flakes would at least have the same color so that smooth and even objects like walls and floors look like one single colored object. Weird that this isn't really possible.

I'm pretty sure i've seen objects looking clean in some games, like flat textures

Nezumi

Oct 25, 2017
Hessen, Germany

It's important to understand that when you start sculpting, the shape you pick will already have a bit of looseness as the default setting. If you want your stuff to look uniform and smooth you have to reduce the looseness to zero.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Is there a way to filter things at indreams.me by whether they're remixable or not? I'm trying to see if there is a remixable billiard table for an amusing idea I had for a playable short, and that would save me a ton of time. Barring that, how can you tell whether a creation is remixable on the site? There an icon or something?

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
which is interesting because they put out a template for a rolling object game. i wonder if that person is actually on the MM team because i think the game just popped up so polished lol.
I have doubts because it started as such a Sonic rip. Which they've gotten away from with the various iterations, but when it launched it was worse. I wonder if a MM person would be that blatant.

Status
Not open for further replies.