• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 4 days, 19 hours, 43 minutes, 41 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Dreams Creator Early Access |OT| Hey Now, This Is What Dreams Are Made Of

Controller Preference

• Only used DS4

Votes: 51 56.0%
  • Only used Move

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Used both, prefer DS4

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Used both, prefer Move

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Used both, like them equally

Votes: 16 17.6%

• Total voters

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
power up now!

By the way i have a huge delay problem with the control in the game, it's like half a second of delay after i push the button, and that kinda kills the rhythmic part of the game.

Do you think it's the framerate ? But wouldn't a game keep the same control response with a frame skip normally ?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
power up now!

By the way i have a huge delay problem with the control in the game, it's like half a second of delay after i push the button, and that kinda kills the rhythmic part of the game.

Do you think it's the framerate ? But wouldn't a game keep the same control response with a frame skip normally ?
I noticed something like that when I started using a more zoomed-out camera. I just assumed it was tied to the framerate. Isn't there a framerate displayer on the dreamiverse somewhere? You could probably test it out.

Other than that do you have any logic between the input and the action? I noticed when I added a charge-up attack to my regular attack button it added a slight delay (it activated the attack on button release instead of press). It was annoying enough that I moved it to a separate button.

More dungeon

travisbickle

Oct 27, 2017
I noticed something like that when I started using a more zoomed-out camera. I just assumed it was tied to the framerate. Isn't there a framerate displayer on the dreamiverse somewhere? You could probably test it out.

Other than that do you have any logic between the input and the action? I noticed when I added a charge-up attack to my regular attack button it added a slight delay (it activated the attack on button release instead of press). It was annoying enough that I moved it to a separate button.

More dungeon

What's the basics behind the isometric view?

It looks pretty good but do you have to limit environment scale? or does a particular camera perspective imitate it well?

You seen the “desert strike” style game?

Oct 27, 2017
The camera is basically just really far away with a very low fov to limit the perspective shift. A desert strike type game is definitely possible. The only caveat that I've come across it's that the camera is so far away that some effects are less detailed, like sun shadows are blurrier and diffuse lights aren't very precise.

travisbickle

Oct 27, 2017
The camera is basically just really far away with a very low fov to limit the perspective shift. A desert strike type game is definitely possible. The only caveat that I've come across it's that the camera is so far away that some effects are less detailed, like sun shadows are blurrier and diffuse lights aren't very precise.

I meant there is a desert strike game, Zeno Copter

I was trying a racing game in isometric but gave up, couldn’t get the camera right.

Last edited:

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris

More dungeon
The game looks super legit and clean

As for my problem i don't know, the jump is simple and it's delayed. I also sometimes have like a giant lag where my actions on the control don't register until some seconds later

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
Art Therapy has now been updated with a scoreboard reset (and scoring glitch fix), so if you're interested in in playing for score, then now would be a good time to replay. Tourist voices have been added, voiced by the by the creators of Pig Detective.

We still plan to add voices for guards, a new room, a few more exhibits and new ending screens, but hopefully it'll be finished in the next week or so.

Rez

Oct 25, 2017
Lovely to drop back into this again after a few months.

Is there a way of seeing everything a user has published from the portal you get to when you click on their name? I feel like sometimes there is sometimes there isn’t. I’d love to be able to follow up and see what else people have worked on.

Rez

Oct 25, 2017
In defence of this, it’s kind of a tricky problem. You’ll find most games that have a charge do it on release, because you can’t be sure that the button down is going to be charge or an instant press until the player actually releases the button.

You can kind of hide it if the first few frames of the animation are shared between the charge and the swing but it’s a little fiddly (iirc BOTW does something like this).

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
Lovely to drop back into this again after a few months.

Is there a way of seeing everything a user has published from the portal you get to when you click on their name? I feel like sometimes there is sometimes there isn’t. I’d love to be able to follow up and see what else people have worked on.
Yeah, you can see all their published creations, and sort through them, from their profile page.

Currently this is only visible after you've completed the first tutorial, so that might be why they're not showing up for you.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
We go non linear now, with a nice little power up that let's you block the multiplayer so you need to find the right path to keep the combo going :)

Also it's loosely inspired by a Quackshot level in term of visuals lol

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Early Access is coming to an end.

The last day you can purchase Early Access will be 8th December, 11.59pm GMT / 9th December 00.59am CET.

Anyone who has purchased Early Access by this date will still be able to play Dreams after the 8th and will upgrade to the full version of Dreams when it launches for no extra cost.
There will also be the IMPY Awards, community voted best creations in various categories.

Now, of course, we’re going to need some help from you, the Dreamers, to nominate the best of the best, so check out the categories below and start making your shortlists for when nominations open on Monday, 9th December.