• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Controller Preference

• Only used DS4

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • Only used Move

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Used both, prefer DS4

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Used both, prefer Move

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Used both, like them equally

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017

Platform: PS4 (Digital Only)
Release Date: 4/16/19 (EU, US) / 4/22/19 (JP)
Media Molecule Site: https://www.mediamolecule.com/
Dreams Portal: http://www.indreams.me
US Store Page: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA08010_00-DREAMS0000000000
UK Store Page: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-CUSA04301_00-DREAMS0000000000
PM IDontBeatGames for the discord link.

What is included in Early Access?
Early Access is exactly that. Early entry into Dreams, designed for creators to get hands on with the tools. It won't feature everything that the full release will have (our story mode being a big piece of that) but you'll get our full tool set for creating, our interactive tutorials and arcade games, templates and additional content created by Media Molecule and access to what you, the CoMmunity, made during our Dreams Creator Beta. You'll also be getting the first hands-on with new features and content as we add them.

When is Dreams Early Access launching?
Dreams Early Access will be launching April 16th!

How much will Dreams Early Access cost?
Dreams Early Access will cost £24.99/€29.99/$29.99/CAD$39.99.

Which territories will Dreams Early Access be available for?
Initially, Dreams Early Access will be available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and all European territories.

What languages will be supported by Dreams Early Access?
At launch, Dreams Early Access will be in English, German, French, Spanish and Italian. We plan to implement more languages, such as Japanese, as Early Access progresses.

How do I participate in Dreams Early Access?
That's an easy one! You'll be able to purchase Dreams Early Access from the PlayStation Store from 16th April 2019.

If I buy Dreams Early Access, does that mean I get access to the full version of the game when it's released, without paying any extra/twice?
Early Access is intended for Creators who will participate and contribute to Dreams Early Access, and in return, will have the full version of Dreams upon release.

….and when would that be? ;)
Ooo, cheeky! We don't have a release date for the full version of Dreams to share right now. But when we do, you'll know about it! And then we'll keep telling you. And then probably tell you another 5,672 times.

Will my Early Access / Beta creations carry over to the full game?
Yes. Early Access is the launch of the creation tools of Dreams and this will then roll into the full version of the game.

Will Early Access include VR?
Dreams VR is not included in the initial Early Access offering. It's still planned for Dreams and we're super excited for it. We'll be sure to share more details about it as soon as we're ready.

Is there any NDA for Early Access?
No! You can stream, share and create to your hearts content.

Is there a cap to Early Access? Is there a chance I won't get in?
Dreams Early Access is limited yes, but it's a big limit. That being said, to avoid disappointment, we do recommend you purchase as soon as you can to enjoy all of the creator tools available.

To catch up in what Dreams Early Access is all about, check out the blog's Q&A - https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/03/28/dreams-early-access-starts-on-16th-april/
Our old Dreams Thread can be found here - https://www.resetera.com/threads/everything-you-need-to-know-about-dreams.10612/

Last edited:

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Bought it and i just need time to turn my PS4 on now (and eventually learn how to do anything). Not sure it's for me anyway but i'll see.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious of impressions from beta/players who never really created stuff in LBP or similar games. Was creating stuff accessible/more accessible than LBP?

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
When is it supposed to be up? I had heard 1130 ET
yep. thats the time for NA.

Countdown for us

t1555428600z4.png

Japan launches April 22.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Yeah this is not going to work well with my skills :p But in the video today there is an amazing snowy landscape, i'd like to try doing these kind of things

If there's literally anyone I'm confident will do something incredible, it's you, lol.

Foxdeimos

Jan 25, 2018
My wallet is ready. It's times like this I'm glad I work from home, so I can comfortably check on the store periodically.

Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna assume the move controllers will benefit more, once VR support is added.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I'm not talented enough to create stuff in Dreams that's 100% sure, but I hope the game is a huge success for MM because we need more games like that

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm not talented enough to create stuff in Dreams that's 100% sure, but I hope the game is a huge success for MM because we need more games like that
I don't think you need to be "talented enough" to create professional content. There is also fun to be had just in creating simple stuff, and honestly anyone can create basic content in this game.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Only did the first tutorial so far, have to find more time for more, but I can't wait to go deeper into this. Hope I can get behind all the mechanics and don't get demotivated too fast by all the extremely talented people out there.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Man... I can't wait. I have a plan for a game but I think I'll do a "test" where I see what can be done and what can't be done.

I know variables can be shared and stored before "dreams" but I wonder if something like a Turn-Based Battle system can work. Well I know it can work, obviously. Question is can you make a "dream" dedicated to hosting those battles and then return to a dream and it still remembering where you were last. (Maybe possible to recording last player loc-x and loc-y?)

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded it at 10.30am sharp and spent the morning playing through a whole bunch of user-created pieces. I've got an idea for what I want to create, I just need to see how possible it actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.