• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Controller Preference

• Only used DS4

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • Only used Move

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Used both, prefer DS4

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Used both, prefer Move

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Used both, like them equally

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I finally found out how to make it so people dont fall into the abyss in the isometric game im making lol

Im extremely envious of the time I had when I was younger but I am slowly making progress lol

Oct 26, 2017
I finally found out how to make it so people dont fall into the abyss in the isometric game im making lol

Im extremely envious of the time I had when I was younger but I am slowly making progress lol

I'm just using invisible walls for mine. The only issue is that the ball mashes itself up against them, but on the other hand there are actually supposed to be walls there.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man I saw someone made a Sword test level where it not only had lock on but damage numbers, health bars, combos, and more.

Do you think they'd get upset if I remix that for my own game?

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Alright yall, I need some help. I'm trying to make a multilayer menu, meaning you need to keep hitting the same button to go 'deeper' in the menu. I don't understand exclusive gates, so what I have right now is a Selector where each output is a different 'level' of the menu. The problem is, when I hit the 'go deeper' button once, it goes ALL the way to the bottom! It's extremely frustrating. Basically it seems like the signal of the button press is staying on long enough to trigger all the 'go deeper' commands and get to the bottom of the selector. Any idea how to solve this / examples? Thanks!

Cyclopsfire21

Oct 25, 2017
Man I saw someone made a Sword test level where it not only had lock on but damage numbers, health bars, combos, and more.

played it the other night and its dope, it felt like the legend of zelda combat style.

As for remixing they shouldn't be mad as long as you credit them though I think they have settings wether they allow it or not in the first place.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That the one where everything is on sticks?

If people are putting it out there and making it remixable they are putting it out there for that purpose.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright yall, I need some help. I'm trying to make a multilayer menu, meaning you need to keep hitting the same button to go 'deeper' in the menu. I don't understand exclusive gates, so what I have right now is a Selector where each output is a different 'level' of the menu. The problem is, when I hit the 'go deeper' button once, it goes ALL the way to the bottom! It's extremely frustrating. Basically it seems like the signal of the button press is staying on long enough to trigger all the 'go deeper' commands and get to the bottom of the selector. Any idea how to solve this / examples? Thanks!

Without looking at the way you have built it to see what might be the issue perhaps placing a timer on the button press so it only works as a pulse. Otherwise use a switch. Have each page set to output on A, B, C etc then have your trigger wired to next with a timer between the trigger and next.

Oct 26, 2017

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Without looking at the way you have built it to see what might be the issue perhaps placing a timer on the button press so it only works as a pulse. Otherwise use a switch. Have each page set to output on A, B, C etc then have your trigger wired to next with a timer between the trigger and next.

Ooooh that's a good idea with the timer! I'll give that a try tonight. Thanks so much! Worked on this for two extremely frustrating days haha

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
That the one where everything is on sticks?

If people are putting it out there and making it remixable they are putting it out there for that purpose.

Sticks? I don't think so.

It had some basic combos with Square I believe. You could even jump and press square to do a down attack. Was pretty in depth.

If I could find that website you can search for dreams on I'd link it.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
Are you using the signal manipulator to turn the button press into a pulse before going into the selector? Seems like that should work.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Quoted for the new page.

May have already been said but the search functionality needs improving, like, first order of business. Some of the levels in this vid have less than 300 likes. Massive waste if great levels are going to slip through the cracks.

It's already changed pretty substantially. Prior to last Thursday, discoverability was almost impossible unless you pushed it outside of Dreams or someone else did (say, through YouTube), and plays/likes were derived almost entirely from brief periods on the Most Recent list after an update. I haven't updated Galactic Geometry since last Wednesday, and it has gone from around 500 unique users to over 2,500 users. The problem isn't solved necessarily, but it feels like new stuff is getting far more limelight now.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
Don't forget about the signal manipulator! Filtering the signal by setting it to pulse mode solved this kind of issue for me while using selectors for menus.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
next week stream will start an hour early. because special guest. lets be real. it'll be a 2 hour Kareem Dreams Stream.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how to recreate SM64/Sunshine skidding, and the resulting side vault move.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Are you using the signal manipulator to turn the button press into a pulse before going into the selector? Seems like that should work.

Don't forget about the signal manipulator! Filtering the signal by setting it to pulse mode solved this kind of issue for me while using selectors for menus.

Wow thank you, I had no idea you had to do. Haven't spent much time with the manipulator but I'll look into it tonight. Man, the depth of the tools in this thing is just staggering...

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like no one is even close to mastering walking animations yet. Everything is way too physics based and looks/controls funny.

Oct 26, 2017
This damn thing is even making me interested in trying to compose something! I'm making a short little tune with the simplest melody, but before I can start actually putting it into the game I need to figure out which note I start on. That's how bad I am at music.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like no one is even close to mastering walking animations yet. Everything is way too physics based and looks/controls funny.
It's an intimidating process for many I imagine, even with the easier tools. MrWooshie is the only one I found who does his own walk/run cycles and even facial reactions.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how to recreate SM64/Sunshine skidding, and the resulting side vault move.

This is something I'm having problems with. A nice vault. I thought I could do it by temporarily making the collision zone higher and smaller but that wasn't possible. Any thoughts from anyone would be great.

A slide should be easy though haven't tried it myself yet. If I remember correctly Marios slide is out of a jump. I'd try something like this: (formating may fuck this up but all go into the 'and')

Land trigger — counter — timer —
|
Button trigger —————————— and—
|
Movement sensor — calculator —

That would then trigger an advanced movement logic, trigger a key frame animation, rumble and sound. Calculator would be set to greater than with a value in the B bit that corresponds to the speed you want it to activate at on the velocity of the correct axis. Counter and timer on the land trigger is to allow you a period of time you want the combination to be pressed instead of hitting the button at the exact moment.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
manipulating the puppets for animating is kinda janky so i'm not surprised that people don't really bother with it and instead just use the procedural animations. and you've gotta do extra logic to have different animations for different movespeeds and stuff. it's just not worth it right now.

i think for most people atm it's just better to focus on making logic that does cool gameplay stuff so that you're not wasting your time on the art side creating a fully animated puppet that you can't get to work ingame

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
I haven't watched any of the MediaMolecule streams (other than some of the tips sections at the ends), but I have a question - do they ever showcase any of the dreams that are based on other IP, or do they only show original content? Just curious if they mind showing that stuff off on stream or if they tend to avoid it.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
I haven't watched any of the MediaMolecule streams (other than some of the tips sections at the ends), but I have a question - do they ever showcase any of the dreams that are based on other IP, or do they only show original content? Just curious if they mind showing that stuff off on stream or if they tend to avoid it.
They specifically avoid them. Abbie mentioned it in the Stream last week.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I wish emitted references remained more visible so you can easily reference them for editing.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
For obvious reasons (copyright) they aren't going to show any

corn_fest

Oct 27, 2017
I agree, I think this is the clunkiest thing about the game right now. A lot of the dreams you encounter when surfing are very impressive except for the weird puppet walking physics. Hopefully more customized platformer-characters become the norm going forward.

Deleted member 51797

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I might join the early access just out of pure curiosity and support of MM. This looks like such an amazing and rewarding project. I don't really know whether or not I'm creative enough (or more important: patient enough) to actually build something in this, but I had this idea to just start with a garden that I can walk around in.

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Castaway by SlurmsMackenzie last night.

It's kind of hard to talk about it without spoiling what makes it good, but suffice to say it was super well done, and everyone ought to check it out.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Nice level! You should publish it as a Dream so it gets more exposure; right now it's a scene that can only be found in Dream Shaping. If it's in a Dream it can be found via Dream Surfing and can show up via Auto Surfing.

That's lovely! i'll give it a try!

Published 2-2 of little jumps. 2-1 was a nice welcoming level but things are getting serious again now.

Status
Not open for further replies.