• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Controller Preference

• Only used DS4

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • Only used Move

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Used both, prefer DS4

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Used both, prefer Move

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Used both, like them equally

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
does anyone know how to change the category of a creation? i've created a sculpt and added a moving camera to it - but when i saved it was automatically categorised as a Game.

Oct 26, 2017
And just like that, after an intense several hours late into the night, Aethyr: The Cursed Ball is complete! Well, complete aside from two bug fixes I will do tomorrow. I wired up the rest of the map, improved the final sections with more ambience and added some flair to the ending.

I'll be releasing it tomorrow.

Oct 26, 2017
Aethyr: The Cursed Ball is done! I had a bit of a bug when I released it, but it seems to work now.

indreams.me

Aethyr: The Cursed Ball

An arcade adventure inspired by the isometric games of the 80's, in particular Airball (1987). Fully playable from start to finish with a speedrunning component.

Features:
A fully explorable castle filled with traps and treasures
A story tying into my wider world creation
A speedrunning component where you get more points for finishing faster, but treasures still add up to a lot

Aethyr-screen-00.jpg

Aethyr-screen-01.jpg

Aethyr-screen-06.jpg

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
ooh looks like airball or a Rare isometric game. Lovely look!

Web doesn't let you add to a play queue yet?

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
they might be the type that wants to announce and deploy it at around the same time. but can't probably because they are using the same build we are on stream and don't want to have any issues.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Uh...

Could this be true?

i think when they had mark and shu on the stream the other day they were talking about VR. and they also said it was a possibly VR update will be pushed during EA. so its quite possible.

also when they said today's stream. they could be referencing the MM's weekly stream and not the talk

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
i think when they had mark and shu on the stream the other day they were talking about VR. and they also said it was a possibly VR update will be pushed during EA. so its quite possible.

also when they said today's stream. they could be referencing the MM's weekly stream and not the talk

I really hope this is true. This week has been craaazy for PSVR.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus really!? I did wonder why Marcus and Shu were giving us blue balls by mentioning Shu playing through some of our levels in VR. That's awesome if true. I realise lots of caveats but I don't care.

Ghost Giant, Everybody's Golf, Blood and Something, Days of Play with VR bundle discounts, Dreams VR.

Soo good.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Aethyr: The Cursed Ball is done! I had a bit of a bug when I released it, but it seems to work now.

indreams.me

Aethyr: The Cursed Ball

An arcade adventure inspired by the isometric games of the 80's, in particular Airball (1987). Fully playable from start to finish with a speedrunning component.

Features:
A fully explorable castle filled with traps and treasures
A story tying into my wider world creation
A speedrunning component where you get more points for finishing faster, but treasures still add up to a lot

Aethyr-screen-00.jpg

Aethyr-screen-01.jpg

Aethyr-screen-06.jpg

I love that dreams can pull off that 90's CGI plastic aesthetic.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
alex evan is on stream talking about the rumor that spread.
VR is still further along.

Last edited:

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Finally jumped in last night and I'm already floored despite only spending a couple hours in tutorials. The Media Molecule charm is on full display and everything is as intuitive as I would have hoped!

Quick question: I'm using a DS4 and the only issue I have is keeping my hand steady when moving and positioning things. Anything I can do to improve position besides gently push R2 and practice?

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question: I'm using a DS4 and the only issue I have is keeping my hand steady when moving and positioning things. Anything I can do to improve position besides gently push R2 and practice?
change ur settings in the preferences menu for more finesse i guess but other than that, nope. practice is key

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any thoughts on how to do a button press quick turn?

Not sure if I'm going to do it as a combo button press action or context sensitive but to simplify thing for now just want a simple 180 on press but struggling to get it behaving how I want. Everything I have tried make it feel like a quick camera rotation that often overhits or underhits the mark rather than a quick weighty snap.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Update has to come out today right? last day of the month. maybe a blog about it in 2.5 hours? we'll just have to wait.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
Anyone have any thoughts on how to do a button press quick turn?

Not sure if I'm going to do it as a combo button press action or context sensitive but to simplify thing for now just want a simple 180 on press but struggling to get it behaving how I want. Everything I have tried make it feel like a quick camera rotation that often overhits or underhits the mark rather than a quick weighty snap.
How about adding a second camera facing the other way on you character? I imagine this could work in both third and first person. You'll just need to use a selector to switch between them on a button press and play with the transition speed until it feels good.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How about adding a second camera facing the other way on you character? I imagine this could work in both third and first person. You'll just need to use a selector to switch between them on a button press and play with the transition speed until it feels good.

I like it. That would work really well with how everything is built. Thanks.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
I redid the lttp art from scratch and focused on the house portion. i'd like to do some places from the game to make a nice dream with it but it will need some courage!

DreamsLTTPOrioto01.gif

Of course every detail is lost so it's better to see it in dreams!

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I redid the lttp art from scratch and focused on the house portion. i'd like to do some places from the game to make a nice dream with it but it will need some courage!

DreamsLTTPOrioto01.gif

Of course every detail is lost so it's better to see it in dreams!

My god man, great work.

Im working on a zelda-ish clone right now (heavily LTTP inspired). I already have most of the mechanics built and now Im just doing dungeon work. We should combine forces! haha

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
My god man, great work.

Im working on a zelda-ish clone right now (heavily LTTP inspired). I already have most of the mechanics built and now Im just doing dungeon work. We should combine forces! haha

Haha well actually i'm super open to such collabs someday! Right now i have to work on my own game but that would be nice yeah!

Commodore64

Oct 25, 2017
I just picked this game up and oh my god the tutorial is killing me. The tools themselves are cool and it's very intuitive however. I just wish the game would stop the kids show act and get to the fucking point.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
So my door/connection problem is getting worse.
I realized nobody's playing my last little jumps level cause.. the connection doesn't work when finishing the one before.

I had regular problem with adding a new scene to my dream and connecting it with the arrows, but then it wasn't connecting in game (coming back to the map rather than going to the next level), and generally i fixed it by randomly reconnecting the arrows 1, sometimes 2 times until it worked... This is strange to begin with, but with the 2-2, i do that, it works at first, i save, but then if i retry later it stopped working. All the time....

I really need to fix that problem :(
This is my logic for the level ending, is there something wrong in it ? (it the same for the working levels..)

LogicEndingLittleJumps.jpg

The text block is a menu to ask the player what he wants, the x for next level is connected to the counter.

I need help badly this is killing any chance the next levels have to be played lol..

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone tried "Champions Club"?

It's a boxing game that has button maps for left/right jab and hooks on the face buttons, and blocks and steps on the shoulder buttons. It's pretty good.

Someone put it on Youtube here. (They're not very good at it)

Last edited:

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
So my door/connection problem is getting worse.
I realized nobody's playing my last little jumps level cause.. the connection doesn't work when finishing the one before.

I had regular problem with adding a new scene to my dream and connecting it with the arrows, but then it wasn't connecting in game (coming back to the map rather than going to the next level), and generally i fixed it by randomly reconnecting the arrows 1, sometimes 2 times until it worked... This is strange to begin with, but with the 2-2, i do that, it works at first, i save, but then if i retry later it stopped working. All the time....

I really need to fix that problem :(
This is my logic for the level ending, is there something wrong in it ? (it the same for the working levels..)

LogicEndingLittleJumps.jpg

The text block is a menu to ask the player what he wants, the x for next level is connected to the counter.

I need help badly this is killing any chance the next levels have to be played lol..
You're connecting the wrong output from the Counter to the Doorway. Change it to the top 'Counter Full' output.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
You're connecting the wrong output from the Counter to the Doorway. Change it to the top 'Counter Full' output.

Ha! See, i was thinking about that, but there are 2 things. I tried to change it and it stil didn't fix the problem. And.. it's like that in every other levels and it's working.. But it seemed strange to me to.. Maybe i should change it in every level anyway.

Yeah so i tried again to fix it but it doesnt't fix the problem for the 2-2 not linking to the 2-3, and they have the exact same logic..

Last edited:

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
Ha! See, i was thinking about that, but there are 2 things. I tried to change it and it stil didn't fix the problem. And.. it's like that in every other levels and it's working.. But it seemed strange to me to.. Maybe i should change it in every level anyway.
Well I think the current count output only sends a pulse or a percentage, so maybe it can work, although I find it's safer to send a continuous signal from counter full. Have you checked that the counter is definitely being turned on? Temporarily disconnect the doorway, then play the level as normal and switch to edit mode at the end of level to see if the counter has counted up.

Status
Not open for further replies.