• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Controller Preference

• Only used DS4

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • Only used Move

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Used both, prefer DS4

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Used both, prefer Move

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Used both, like them equally

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
we're live.

Alex, Liam, and a wild Tom Dent (prob reorganize the dreams collection from last week ;p)

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
I'm just watching the stream now, and the wire limit of 16,383 is good to know for future reference. I thought it would be less, although it's often hard to tell when you have lots of nested microchips. I'm working on a more efficient version of a decimal to binary to convertor (with less calculator gadgets due to the addition of looping logic) so wires will be less of an issue than I imagined.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it's easy to calculate the number of wires just by copying the objects. My binary array (including the 24 collectables) maxes out the wires in the scene after 15 copies, so it's using just over 1k wires in total. I can now easily compare it with the future updated version.

Last edited:

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to playing some more Resetera Dreams :)

Over the E3 week I was able to finish up a project I have been working on for the last three weeks. It is a collaboration with a fellow dreamer that I am pretty proud of! This Dream is called The Echochamber. The best way I can think to describe it is Portal, but with echolocation.
Super cool game here, even though i sucked at it and kept dying on the level with the red guy.

Highlights:
  • The intro was really cool. Loved the VO, exploring the starting room, and the giant animatronic hand thing.
  • Really neat idea to use sculptures from other creators as puzzle props
  • Great cohesive art style all around. Especially think it worked in that initial outdoor area with the blades of grass.

I've been making good progress on my reimagining of Puzzle Fighter. I had some control issues where input would be dropped that took quite a long time to finally track down. It's playing a lot better now. Now it's just needs more characters, animations, and polish. :)

I did notice since the latest update that it's not getting plays anymore (in the last day). Battle Tops still is because it's in the Media Molecule picks list. I wonder if this is because out of the the different filter options, the sort by last updated option is one of the last, so least likely to be used. So unless it's already trending it's going to be tough to get new plays. We'll see how it goes.

This one's really impressive too, easily the best puzzle game I've seen in Dreams.

How's the playcount doing on this one now after the update? I noticed on my game I'm back to getting a decent flow of a handful of plays per day, which I am happy about.

Sumasshu1

Oct 27, 2017
This one's really impressive too, easily the best puzzle game I've seen in Dreams.

How's the playcount doing on this one now after the update? I noticed on my game I'm back to getting a decent flow of a handful of plays per day, which I am happy about.
Thanks. I haven't been tracking the plays, but I do watch the thumbs up count, which is typically 1/3 to 1/2 of the unique players. Typically it's about 1 thumbs up per day now, so yeah, it's pretty much buried. But I'm still working on it because it's fun to work on. ;)

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. I haven't been tracking the plays, but I do watch the thumbs up count, which is typically 1/3 to 1/2 of the unique players. Typically it's about 1 thumbs up per day now, so yeah, it's pretty much buried. But I'm still working on it because it's fun to work on. ;)
Yep, one like a day seems too low. My game gets about that much too, and it's nowhere near as good haha

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to playing some more Resetera Dreams :)

Super cool game here, even though i sucked at it and kept dying on the level with the red guy.

Highlights:
  • The intro was really cool. Loved the VO, exploring the starting room, and the giant animatronic hand thing.
  • Really neat idea to use sculptures from other creators as puzzle props
  • Great cohesive art style all around. Especially think it worked in that initial outdoor area with the blades of grass.

Thanks for taking the time to post your impressions! I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your time in The Echochamber!

The key to the trials including the red puppets is in the title, "Clappers Beware". Clapping within is an almost guaranteed death, so the idea is to make it to end using only the echolocation tied to walking, running, and jumping. Was that made apparent enough within the Dream, or should I do more to stress that point?

I'm really glad to hear you liked the Echogarden. That type of environment is the focus in the follow-up, Project Glimpse. The gameplay structure will be more adventure focused, and much more forgiving than the trails from the Echochamber.

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for taking the time to post your impressions! I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your time in The Echochamber!

The key to the trials including the red puppets is in the title, "Clappers Beware". Clapping within is an almost guaranteed death, so the idea is to make it to end using only the echolocation tied to walking, running, and jumping. Was that made apparent enough within the Dream, or should I do more to stress that point?

I'm really glad to hear you liked the Echogarden. That type of environment is the focus in the follow-up, Project Glimpse. The gameplay structure will be more adventure focused, and much more forgiving than the trails from the Echochamber.
No probs! I'd definitely be up to play the follow-up.

I actually played that level twice. It was definitely apparent that clapping should be avoided, but in my mind I still thought I was safe if i had enough distance between me and the red guy - clearly i misjudged!

The second time I played I didn't clap at all, but instead just simply got lost a bit and ran out of time.

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
No probs! I'd definitely be up to play the follow-up.

I actually played that level twice. It was definitely apparent that clapping should be avoided, but in my mind I still thought I was safe if i had enough distance between me and the red guy - clearly i misjudged!

The second time I played I didn't clap at all, but instead just simply got lost a bit and ran out of time.

Hehe I made sure a clap from any distance would be noticed.

Finding the balance between not clapping but still being able to properly navigate in the dark is tough. I can totally understand getting lost in that scenario. Testing that portion was hard because I built the environment so I can't really envision how the player feels while entering it for the first time.

In a real game scenario I would like to implement an enemy becoming alerted via a clap, and investigating the area in response. I just haven't quite figured out how to implement the logic for such an encounter (yet).

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really disappointed in myself for not making time for Dreams. Not been on it in ages.

Maybe I need to bring my scope in a bit as there is a huge amount I need to do and I'm still working on game feel and that's without building action blocks that I want to explore.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm really disappointed in myself for not making time for Dreams. Not been on it in ages.

Maybe I need to bring my scope in a bit as there is a huge amount I need to do and I'm still working on game feel and that's without building action blocks that I want to explore.
I feel you. I kind of abandoned my first project and started a new one, which I am really excited for, but guess what it's even way more ambitious then the first. And I rarely have time for it at the moment. At this rate I won't finish that game within a year for sure.

I could make something really simple, but what's the fun in that. If I'm going to make something then I want it to be something unique and exciting.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's the Dark Souls inspired game someone mentioned on the previous page, "Made in Souls". Really good with a boss battle too.

And I found this great project (on reddit) someone's building, "The Magic Acorn". Nice character designs and animations, and large environment. There's a video at the link (I cannot link it here as it's unlisted) Reddit link:

QzMPeak.jpg

Nov 8, 2017
During the technical detail stream Christophe demonstrated a way to massively reduce gameplay thermo on destructible objects that you amazing creators might find super useful.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
During the technical detail stream Christophe demonstrated a way to massively reduce gameplay thermo on destructible objects that you amazing creators might find super useful.

What a great stream. It's so rare for developers to be so open with the details of how their games work. I'm not going to pretend to understand everything that was discussed, but most of it made sense to me and yeah, that thermo tip could be very useful.

Lidas

Oct 26, 2017
Hi everyone. Haven't posted in a while, but I published my first "game". I say that because there are no gameplay elements besides swimming around. Hopefully this will evolve to something more in the future, but for now it's just a swimming simulator.

There are some quirks with the controls and collision is hacked together with trigger zones because I couldn't get it to work on the puppet itself (which is completely custom). But overall I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

It's called The Reef: Diving Concept if you want to check it out. Twitter link with crappy quality:

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone. Haven't posted in a while, but I published my first "game". I say that because there are no gameplay elements besides swimming around. Hopefully this will evolve to something more in the future, but for now it's just a swimming simulator.

There are some quirks with the controls and collision is hacked together with trigger zones because I couldn't get it to work on the puppet itself (which is completely custom). But overall I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

It's called The Reef: Diving Concept if you want to check it out. Twitter link with crappy quality:

Looks great! Thumbs up for your custom puppet and animations alone. That had to be tough to create.

I'll dive in for a playthrough tonight.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool

You've impressed Siobhan, you're in a very select group!

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Got back into creating over the last week and started on a new game concept which I think is pretty unique and pretty cool, somewhat inspired by The Unfinished Swan. Should get a prototype level out over the next few days and we'll see from there. I have ideas for how to extend it, but in some ways there's something quite appealing about building lots of small varied things in Dreams.

Wow! We can look forward to seeing MM play it tomorrow I'm sure :)

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
A guy in my Facebook group just released a damn near perfect 3D mario. It looks like it was sculpted by Nintendo themselves, has his full Mario 64 move set (with additional wall jump), is beautifully animated, feels good to control and it's fully remixable. Search for 'mahreo'

The only thing missing is sound effects, which he said he's working on.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
stream starts soon.
also this popped up on the twitter feed.

i was going to say this wasn't dreams lol

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Where's that game where the character look like he was rooftop platforming? He had cool running animations...

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I wish there's a way for you to add level to some kind of Dreams playlist from youtube, twitter or something. most of the time all the cool stuff I see is from those, but I didn't remember the title or creator to search them manually in Dreams. it'd be cool if you browse youtube, twitter, resetera for cool level and just click a link to add them to Dreams and next time you play Dreams, you have your playlist ready to play.

is this possible?

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I wish there's a way for you to add level to some kind of Dreams playlist from youtube, twitter or something. most of the time all the cool stuff I see is from those, but I didn't remember the title or creator to search them manually in Dreams. it'd be cool if you browse youtube, twitter, resetera for cool level and just click a link to add them to Dreams and next time you play Dreams, you have your playlist ready to play.

is this possible?
oh. i t was one of those request where people would like to add a level from indreams.me to a queue. i guess they never got around to doing it yet.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Wow I JUST found out about the Reduce Detail tool. Invaluable for sculpting multiple high-detail scenes within a dream. I was wanting a tool to show what objects were more heavy on the thermo than others and I'm so happy its actually already in the game.

(Its an Assembly Menu tool for those similarly confused)

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

is this possible?
oh. i t was one of those request where people would like to add a level from indreams.me to a queue. i guess they never got around to doing it yet.

Currently if you click "Watch Project" in the top right of an indreams page, it will be added to your Activity page within your profile on the game. I assume the idea is to have "play later" functionality on indreams as that is more prominent in the menus.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Currently if you click "Watch Project" in the top right of an indreams page, it will be added to your Activity page within your profile on the game. I assume the idea is to have "play later" functionality on indreams as that is more prominent in the menus.
then I wish more people include the indreams link when posting Dream stuff whether in youtube, twitter, forum etc. I seem to remember people did do that during beta or early access launch I think, but nobody did that anymore

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
then I wish more people include the indreams link when posting Dream stuff whether in youtube, twitter, forum etc. I seem to remember people did do that during beta or early access launch I think, but nobody did that anymore

Hopefully people get better at linking, indream's is pretty good but it can be improved.

People check this out, "Batho Likes Bones". Uses the recent art assets and a great Ueda-esque mechanic of small player and big pet helping each other.

szcPE26.jpg

pNqwpr7.jpg

Last edited:

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
I wish everyone wold stop with Projects and Coming Soons over the top intros and more so _______made in dreams

and anyone any idea how to make something fun away from a tag is they some easy button im missing?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

I think you can add it to a queue from the web indreams.me page but there is no way to access the queue I game yet.

People should definitely put links to their levels in Twitter/youtube posts though

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Just catching up on Tuesday's stream. Christoph's emitter tip was great. Also nice to see how he arranges emitted objects for neatness

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I honk the last stream I watched they had a game being worked on. It was informative so it's worth watching

Lidas

Oct 26, 2017
Logic wizards of era, I need help.

I am working on this shark here, and I have made it controllable so I can record possession later and make a convincing animation.

I want the shark to auto level on one axis (X on my image) but not on any other. Think of it like an airplane where I want the wing tips to slowly level out so both are an equal distance from the ground, but without affecting the pitch (nose up/down)of the plane. So if the nose is pointing upwards I want it to keep doing that but still level the wings.

A gyroscope gets me almost what I want, but I can only get it to level on two axis, so the nose and tail of the shark also levels out. Any ideas?

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Logic wizards of era, I need help.

I am working on this shark here, and I have made it controllable so I can record possession later and make a convincing animation.

I want the shark to auto level on one axis (X on my image) but not on any other. Think of it like an airplane where I want the wing tips to slowly level out so both are an equal distance from the ground, but without affecting the pitch (nose up/down)of the plane. So if the nose is pointing upwards I want it to keep doing that but still level the wings.

A gyroscope gets me almost what I want, but I can only get it to level on two axis, so the nose and tail of the shark also levels out. Any ideas?

Not quite sure with this, but I think a look-at rotator might be worth a go. There's a lot of tweakers on it, and I reckon the right combo will probably do the trick. It's pretty similar conceptually to the gyro, but a lot more powerful.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Working on the Wild West entries. Either people leveled up their skills or people love the theme lol. These are some good creations.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Some screenshot saturday update!

It's coming along well! Framerate is not great, which is worrying me, but the thermo is not even that crazy. It's mostly the blue/red balls that are taking 20% by themselves. But there won't be more than 40 in a level.

We made a custom check point, that was super important cause you need the balls to respawn and the score to reboot at the last checkpoint and it doesn't work like that by default.

I'm definitely going to try finishing the game for the end of the year, and there will be some demo before that i guess. Maybe releasing with the final dreams release could make sense.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
I finally finished Cubric and I'm really happy with how it turned out. For a long time it felt like it wasn't going to come together as well as I'd hoped, but in the last week I managed to solve a bunch of issues I'd been working on since the beta and now I can say that it's basically 98% how I envisioned it. I made a trailer for it:

It's out now. The feedback's been very positive so far but I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I finally finished Cubric and I'm really happy with how it turned out. For a long time it felt like it wasn't going to come together as well as I'd hoped, but in the last week I managed to solve a bunch of issues I'd been working on since the beta and now I can say that it's basically 98% how I envisioned it. I made a trailer for it:

It's out now. The feedback's been very positive so far but I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Congratulations, looks awesome, comfortably one of the most ambitious finished projects in Dreams. Played it during the beta a bit, will be diving in again today :)

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations, looks awesome, comfortably one of the most ambitious finished projects in Dreams. Played it during the beta a bit, will be diving in again today :)

Thanks a lot! Honestly, I didn't realize how ambitious a project it was until I was already deep into development. I probably should have started smaller, but it ended up being a great crash course in almost every aspect of Dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.