• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Controller Preference

• Only used DS4

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • Only used Move

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Used both, prefer DS4

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Used both, prefer Move

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Used both, like them equally

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, it looks very easy to make a game, did you see the boy make that dog character from basic puppet shape /s
the auto create feature will be a godsend /s

also the teapot reminds me that someone needs to do a howl's moving castle inspired level. i think i remember someone made a level or something on the back of a tortoise. i still haven't seen much of giant moving level.

Last edited:

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
So is this trailer the beginning of the marketing push for the full release or just a random trailer? Seems like weird timing.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
I finally finished Cubric and I'm really happy with how it turned out. For a long time it felt like it wasn't going to come together as well as I'd hoped, but in the last week I managed to solve a bunch of issues I'd been working on since the beta and now I can say that it's basically 98% how I envisioned it. I made a trailer for it:

It's out now. The feedback's been very positive so far but I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Wow, that's looks great, burgervan! Fantastic work. Looking forward to trying it.

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
PS moves in ads are always painful to watch we dont need that many shots of people "having fun" sell the game more

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I turned this on today for the first time since the early days. I'm trying to find great stuff to play but after looking through tags/filters etc I'm really not sure how to get to some good stuff ?

The same set of things seems to be listed in most lists I pull up which are either little tech demos or things that have been around forever. How do I find, new, great things to play with the tools they provide? Thanks!

P.s. I quickly found that I would be playing this more than creating after some tutorials. It's cool and powerful but way beyond me so now I'm just hoping to find and play cool stuff regularly :)

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
I turned this on today for the first time since the early days. I'm trying to find great stuff to play but after looking through tags/filters etc I'm really not sure how to get to some good stuff ?

The same set of things seems to be listed in most lists I pull up which are either little tech demos or things that have been around forever. How do I find, new, great things to play with the tools they provide? Thanks!

P.s. I quickly found that I would be playing this more than creating after some tutorials. It's cool and powerful but way beyond me so now I'm just hoping to find and play cool stuff regularly :)
Collections are still the best option for now. For example, the MM picks collection is a good place to start. For new stuff, the trending search filter is is probably the best quick option. You can also filter out Dreams you've already played.

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
I finally finished Cubric and I'm really happy with how it turned out. For a long time it felt like it wasn't going to come together as well as I'd hoped, but in the last week I managed to solve a bunch of issues I'd been working on since the beta and now I can say that it's basically 98% how I envisioned it. I made a trailer for it:

It's out now. The feedback's been very positive so far but I'd love to hear what you guys think.

That trailer is bad ass, can't wait to try the game out

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada

Wow, it looks awesome, congrats! I'll try it ASAP :)

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
I had a quick go last night. It's really good, easily the closest I've seen to a 'professional' quality game made in Dreams. The only issue I had was that pressing left/right on the d-pad always spun the cube in the opposite direction from what I expected. Just how my brain is wired I guess. Great work :)

Yeah I was wondering if that would happen with some people. Do you play other games with inverted controls? Maybe I could add an option to invert.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a main character animated with kicks/punches. What's the easiest way to get an enemy to interact with them.

I was thinking just clone my character for the enemy, but how do the kicks and punches actually convert to hits?

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
I have a main character animated with kicks/punches. What's the easiest way to get an enemy to interact with them.

I was thinking just clone my character for the enemy, but how do the kicks and punches actually convert to hits?

Put tags on your characters hands and feet and a trigger zone on the enemy set to detect those tags

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris

I still didn't try it, i really need to!

I have a frame rate question guys. Is it normal that framerate is not great when you're at 50% game thermo ? It seems like the game is optimized for a smooth framerate with an almost empty thermo only lol. And my graphic thermo is still low. Also there are no snail icons. But when i was testing my character in an empty arena it was smooth and now it's all motion blurred

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017

v1.05 "Charollais"
We've been tinkering away under the hood in this smaller update, which brings improvements to AutoSurf logic, tutorials and some teeny-tiny settings changes.

Other Improvements
  • New: We've added new settings to 'Enable UI sounds' and 'Re-Centre Imp Reminder'.
  • Updated: The ordering of the tutorials in the Dreams Workshop has been improved.
  • Various other minor tweaks and improvements.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
stream is live.

next tuesday stream is going to be a kareem stream touching on creating architectures.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna bet Pig Detective will the be the first Dreams project that will lead to out of Dreams success. It's so good.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna bet Pig Detective will the be the first Dreams project that will lead to out of Dreams success. It's so good.
i haven't tried it but read that first part they put out is 90 minutes long and theres going to be a total of 8 parts.

Is it just me or does this game look like it was made in Dreams?
when you play too much of dreams you ask, "Can it Dreams?"

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
we're moving from eyes to mouf

Slayer scrolls was one of the original games made in the beta.

Its almost time for Slayer Scrolls 2.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if one of the ways to boost the social aspect of Dreams, that everyone seems to agree is undercooked, is to do a Twitter integration.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if one of the ways to boost the social aspect of Dreams, that everyone seems to agree is undercooked, is to do a Twitter integration.
i mean, sony has twitter support already. post image directly to the site. but having it in dreams would probably be better. that way it can post the thumbnail and the indreams.me link and the title of the level.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man with these like 'next gen' Dreams project we should do another Dreams thread in Gaming that shows off how far we've come. Pig Detective would be huge for those that miss TellTale and with Double Fine going exclusive.

i mean, sony has twitter support already. post image directly to the site. but having it in dreams would probably be better. that way it can post the thumbnail and the indreams.me link and the title of the level.

Yeah like a better way for Dreamers to communicate with the community and their followers. Within Dreams. Instead of the community being outside the game.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I still didn't try it, i really need to!

I have a frame rate question guys. Is it normal that framerate is not great when you're at 50% game thermo ? It seems like the game is optimized for a smooth framerate with an almost empty thermo only lol. And my graphic thermo is still low. Also there are no snail icons. But when i was testing my character in an empty arena it was smooth and now it's all motion blurred

It's simply not that closely linked. The three thermometers we have are primarily indicators of how close you are to hitting certain limits in the system (e.g. number of wires, number of objects). None of them is directly linked to framerate. You can go over 90% on any of the thermometers (or all three at once) without the framerate dropping. Equally you can create circumstances where the framerate falls even if the thermometers are quite low. It's a bit annoying that this is quite opaque, but it's not something that's very easy to measure on a technical level.

I think this notion comes from Alex Evans a long time ago, but, consider the framerate a thermometer. It may simply be the case that one thing you're doing, an effect, the camera position, et cetera, is causing your issue.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
It's simply not that closely linked. The three thermometers we have are primarily indicators of how close you are to hitting certain limits in the system (e.g. number of wires, number of objects). None of them is directly linked to framerate. You can go over 90% on any of the thermometers (or all three at once) without the framerate dropping. Equally you can create circumstances where the framerate falls even if the thermometers are quite low. It's a bit annoying that this is quite opaque, but it's not something that's very easy to measure on a technical level.

I think this notion comes from Alex Evans a long time ago, but, consider the framerate a thermometer. It may simply be the case that one thing you're doing, an effect, the camera position, et cetera, is causing your issue.

ha you answered when i was about to ask again haha,

Thx! So, yeah we can consider the framerate a thermo but there is no indicator of it..

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Autosurf Improvement
We've Improved AutoSurf so that instructions or title scenes lead on to their gameplay scenes. To enable this feature, tweak your title or instructions scene and set the Lock Mode to Unlocked Initially. Then tweak your gameplay scene and set it to Always Invisible.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
I'm making pretty good progress on my city jam entry. It's the first jam I've had a decent idea for and the motivation to see it through.

Important lessons have been learned about about keyframes, in the process of this creation. Basically, when editing groups with a keyframe, it creates an invisible wire to every single object inside. I've therefore had to do a lot more manual wire placing than expected, because I can be more efficient than just using a catch-all keyframe.

Part of the issue is that I'm using Dreamiverse assets, and some have quite a few sculptures within a group for a single object. Ideally I would make more from scratch to be more efficient for my purposes, however time is of the essence for the jam, and I'm not much of a sculptor anyway.

From testing and comparing copied wired objects and keyframed objects, I'm able to make my scene even more expansive. Cities do have lots of buildings, after all :)

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
i've also noticed not only framerate is bad but man the input lag is a mess in my game -_- Nobody will want to play it lol

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i know i linked his youtube in the second post but for new people. heres something to think about while creating.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
i know i linked his youtube in the second post but for new people. heres something to think about while creating.

Merging paintings seems like a particularly good thermo saver, which I haven't had to use much yet. I'm curious whether it could improve the performance much in some Dreams which have terrible framerates. I'll have to look around for editable scenes which tank the fps.

Oct 27, 2017
Curious as to why gameplay thermo goes up when cloning those groups for the floor. Is it because it's keeping track of groups? Like would it be better if you took those three pieces and cloned them individually?

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
Curious as to why gameplay thermo goes up when cloning those groups for the floor. Is it because it's keeping track of groups? Like would it be better if you took those three pieces and cloned them individually?
Basically, you could take one piece, make 10 copies, group them together, then clone 10 times. This is exactly the same for the graphics thermometer as taking 1 piece and cloning it 100 times.

You can generally think of it as a trade off between the gameplay and graphics thermometer. For sculpting, gameplay keeps track of the total number of objects in a scene. Graphics is the overall sculpture complexity, where anything which is copied is essentially free.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
D-LfECWUcAArP_o

Status
Not open for further replies.