• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Controller Preference

• Only used DS4

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • Only used Move

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Used both, prefer DS4

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Used both, prefer Move

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Used both, like them equally

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
ha shit that's fucked up, he must have been young i guess.. And a pretty great visual style :(

No good transitions for that really but yeah here is some progress for feufollet, showing multiple day time variations for levels in a same world and some level design.

Sumasshu1

Oct 27, 2017
ha shit that's fucked up, he must have been young i guess.. And a pretty great visual style :(

No good transitions for that really but yeah here is some progress for feufollet, showing multiple day time variations for levels in a same world and some level design.

Looking great Orioto. I look forward to playing it.

AmericanKirby

Aug 31, 2018
Inside your house
> groups set to rotate in place using an advanced rotator now rotate around the fucking scene origin

MM are you out of your goddamned minds? *headdesk*

Edit: so I added an invisible cube to the offending group and that fixed it... somehow. wat.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Has anybody encountered a bug where they can no longer play a dream? Like the controller is greyed out, when I click it I get an error message pop up. The dream hasn't been deleted as other people seem to be playing it and are leaving comments.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
After messing around with the calculator values and adding a few more, I was able to upgrade my binaray converter from 24 bits to 25 bits. Calculators start losing precision at high values, so things started getting tricky when some of the comparators started failing due to numbers being rounded. I was able to fix the problem bit with an extra addition calculator of 0.5.

The next step is to set up a new tech demo Dream with 250 collectables using 10 variables. Reusing the logic in a thermo efficient way means it should come to 20% gameplay thermo, although it's only 8% without any collectables. I do have an alternative 'efficient' binary converter which uses less themo, however it's a lot slower (relatively speaking) so it's worth the tradeoff of slightly more thermo usage when scaled to a lot more bits.

Deathbystereo

Oct 29, 2017

That's a great level! I'd love you to build on this and release future instalments.
I've noticed that in general there's still a lot of rubbish when dreamsurfing, but it probably don't help that to unlock new mm characters people have to remix and release a playable version of dream dash, treasure hunt, ancient times and that awful football game thing.
On the plus side I've found some great diamonds in the rough. I'm a platform game freak and really enjoyed Super Space Cadet Adventure by blue armada. Yeah, it's got a few bugs that need sorting and it's quite long by dreams standards, but the level design was great and I'd imagine that the thermo was about to explode at some points lol!

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody encountered a bug where they can no longer play a dream? Like the controller is greyed out, when I click it I get an error message pop up. The dream hasn't been deleted as other people seem to be playing it and are leaving comments.

The only time I have seen that there was a reset progress button and when I clicked that the controller button stopped being grayed out.

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
That's a great level! I'd love you to build on this and release future instalments.
I've noticed that in general there's still a lot of rubbish when dreamsurfing, but it probably don't help that to unlock new mm characters people have to remix and release a playable version of dream dash, treasure hunt, ancient times and that awful football game thing.
On the plus side I've found some great diamonds in the rough. I'm a platform game freak and really enjoyed Super Space Cadet Adventure by blue armada. Yeah, it's got a few bugs that need sorting and it's quite long by dreams standards, but the level design was great and I'd imagine that the thermo was about to explode at some points lol!

Funny you should say that

Sumasshu1

Oct 27, 2017
Ah thanks, I had a feeling that might do
It... I didn't want to press it as I'm kinda high on the leaderboard and didn't want it to get wiped!

Alas
That doesn't reset your leaderboard scores. It just resets the level from the beginning. Otherwise if a game has multiple scenes or stores values in global variables, that state will persist when you exit and renter the level.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
so now that they are back from events and done renov. i wonder if they will give us an update on the next update. i think we are due for another one.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017

Patch 1.33 (indreams.me)

No dinosaur name? That's right, we're scaling back our release naming. As this is a smaller release with fewer changes it won't be a named release. From now on, only our larger releases will be named after dinosaurs. Because, well, because that makes perfect sense.

What's new
  • Live Tools When you're signed in to both Dreams and indreams.me at the same time, you now have access to "live tools". These are tools which offer interoperability between the game and the web site. For example, you'll notice that the Tools menu now automatically updates with information about your current activity in-game, and you can now launch creations on PlayStation®4 instantly using the "Launch on PlayStation®4" button, available from creation bubbles and creation profile pages. And if you're in create mode, there is a special "Send to Imp" button.
Other improvements
  • New: There is now a new Cookie information window which displays more information about how cookies are used on indreams.me. It also allows users to disable website analytics for their site usage. This can be accessed from the cookie consent banner which appears when you first load the site, or from the new "About our Cookies" button in the site menu.
  • New: A message now appears when the site is used with an unsupported browser, or when there has been a critical error loading the site.
  • Updated: Google Analytics has been changed to a Cookie-based implementation.
  • Updated: Changed feedback link to "Forums."
  • Updated: Fractionally increased the size of the menu item text in App Menu.
  • Fixed: The controls on Photo bubbles now display a tooltip on mouseover.
  • Fixed: Profile-disabled page allows the user to sign-in with a different account if the cancel button is pressed.
  • Fixed: Numerous bug fixes, including browser compatibility issues.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017

they have some progress stuff posted on their twitter if you want to check it out.

they'ved mentioned they've been using DS4 exclusively.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Man these creations are impressive tried to work with it but just gave up but i still love hopping on once a week to see whats new and look forward to seeing it after a full year

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I finally finished Cubric and I'm really happy with how it turned out. For a long time it felt like it wasn't going to come together as well as I'd hoped, but in the last week I managed to solve a bunch of issues I'd been working on since the beta and now I can say that it's basically 98% how I envisioned it. I made a trailer for it:

It's out now. The feedback's been very positive so far but I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Holy shit what a trailer. Making me want to buy Dreams right now.

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Looks great, i would personally make the initial rope shooting feedback more clear to be sure we understand how it works!

Experimenting myself. I wasn't sure i would dare to have bosses in my game but it could work pretty well after all.

Also next week i'll show you a sub level that is basically DKC mine inspired :p

Keep em coming, I really enjoy your creations guys. :)

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slayer Scrolls 2 has actually pretty decent voice acting. I bet we'll see some VAs launch their professional careers from Dreams.

Everyone here making legit video game ass video games...meanwhile...

Here's my latest Dream which you can watch in its entirety here, or play it yourself: https://indreams.me/dream/mUhKskDpvTe

Saw someone's salty reaction to this on their stream. Great job my dude.

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Anyone here would be interested in creating a music video project using Dreams?

Something weird, dark, eerie, strange, captivating... If you're into Nine Inch Nails, Depeche Mode, Gary Numan, Radiohead, IAMX... Let me know!

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disappointed with the lack of racing tracks in Dreams, I decided to build my own.

Created the simple layout in a few hours. The lighting, buildings and trees are other people's designs. The paraphernalia around the track isn't sorted yet, even thinking of a sackboy statue if you notice.

It races pretty well (using the imp kart) but I need to add kerbs around the S bends to slow people down. And I'm trying to work out how to slow down players on the grass, is it best to use a zone?

9XxVrEC.jpg

I had tried a more Virtua Racer style track but it's not fun to race. Might come back to tracks with topography at a later date.

3mkVv5a.jpg

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
The thread is lower and lower in the list each week lol, i guess people are working on ambitious stuff and not posting!

Anyway as promised some new feufollet wip with DKC inspired mines! After al there is no reason i can't do what i usually do in an original game :p

Status
Not open for further replies.