• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Controller Preference

• Only used DS4

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • Only used Move

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Used both, prefer DS4

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Used both, prefer Move

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Used both, like them equally

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumasshu1

Oct 27, 2017
First update for Dreams Mini Golf is done, if you played the first version this features an entirely new shot power system with multiple options for how the power is controlled and displayed. Also added new cameras, bug fixes, and some tweaks to some of the holes.

That's great. The old system it was pretty hard to gauge how hard you were hitting it. This looks much better. :)

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
So it appears I may have lost several hours (which is weeks worth for me) of one of my dreams. Not sure if anyone can help, but hopefully you can learn from my mistake if not...

Here is the sequence of events.

First I started working on a building. After a long time with it, I realized I was using up too much thermo to detail the inside AND outside in the same scene, so I grabbed all the exterior parts and saved it as a different scene. Great.

From there I worked on the interior scene for several hours and worked on the exterior scene for several hours.

This whole time I had just been saving to my PS4. With literally dozens of hours between everything, I was getting paranoid that my PS4 would die, so I finally got around to saving it online as Private. I started with my interior space. When I went to upload it, the game made me also save anything that was connected to it. Okay. No problem there. I had it upload everything as Private.

Then when I go back to my exterior space scene, it's reverted back to when I first exported it as its own scene. Several hours of progress lost.

So, first question is obviously am I screwed? Is there a way to revert back to my previous save on my system?

If not, please tell me what the heck I did wrong so that I won't have this ever happen again. Really frustrated and depressed over this. I don't have a ton of time to work on this each week, so it's weeks worth of progress lost. :(

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
So it appears I may have lost several hours (which is weeks worth for me) of one of my dreams. Not sure if anyone can help, but hopefully you can learn from my mistake if not...

First I started working on a building. After a long time with it, I realized I was using up too much thermo to detail the inside AND outside in the same scene, so I grabbed all the exterior parts and saved it as a different scene. Great.

From there I worked on the interior scene for several hours and worked on the exterior scene for several hours.

This whole time I had just been saving to my PS4. With literally dozens of hours between everything, I was getting paranoid that my PS4 would die, so I finally got around to saving it online as Private. I started with my interior space. When I went to upload it, the game made me also save anything that was connected to it. Okay. No problem there. I had it upload everything as Private.

Then when I go back to my exterior space scene, it's reverted back to when I first exported it as its own scene. Several hours of progress lost.

So, first question is obviously am I screwed? Is there a way to revert back to my previous save on my system?

If not, please tell me what the heck I did wrong so that I won't have this ever happen again. Really frustrated and depressed over this. I don't have a ton of time to work on this each week, so it's weeks worth of progress lost. :(
Maybe check on the Version and Releases tab in your creation?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Okay. Phew. That did it. I feel silly for panicking now, but holy hell did my stomach sink when I saw that old version.

Thank you!
Losing creations in dreams is too easy, they need to work on that. If you change the name of a creation (for example), all the previous versions get deleted. It makes no sense.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017

Have you tried going to the scene's 'genealogy and versions' page (or whatever it's called)? It keeps every saved version there. It's saved my ass multiple times.

*edit* beaten but I'm glad you figured it out.

Oct 27, 2017
Just put up a remixable mini golf hole, should be pretty user-friendly. Design your hole, place triggerzones over the playable area, set the par number for the hole, tweak the intro fly-by, and that should be it I think.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm coming back to this topic having not played the game in a couple of months and not really having kept up with it. Is there a list anywhere of essential levels to play? I don't really have the time (or imagination) to create anything but I enjoy seeing what other people have made.

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
I'm coming back to this topic having not played the game in a couple of months and not really having kept up with it. Is there a list anywhere of essential levels to play? I don't really have the time (or imagination) to create anything but I enjoy seeing what other people have made.
Media Molecule now maintain a list of their favourite Dreams called 'MM Picks', which is a pretty good place to start :)

It's by no means an exhaustive list of all the good games though, there's heaps of good stuff outside of that.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico

Same here lol I am only playing until NSM update comes out, but the last few days I've been back trying to play as much as I can

Media Molecule now maintain a list of their favourite Dreams called 'MM Picks', which is a pretty good place to start :)

It's by no means an exhaustive list of all the good games though, there's heaps of good stuff outside of that.

It actually is! I've tried several good levels/dreams that way. I just wish there was a better way to browse it. Having to pick 1 by 1 to see the thumbnail is annoying. I wish there was a say to sort them in a way the thumbnail is bigger.

Sumasshu1

Oct 27, 2017
Same here lol I am only playing until NSM update comes out, but the last few days I've been back trying to play as much as I can

It actually is! I've tried several good levels/dreams that way. I just wish there was a better way to browse it. Having to pick 1 by 1 to see the thumbnail is annoying. I wish there was a say to sort them in a way the thumbnail is bigger.
You can zoom in with the right stick I think.

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all

I released my second major Dreams project yesterday. It's called Cloud Roads and it's a racing/platformer hybrid sort of game that was somewhat inspired by the 90's DOS game "Skyroads"

Here's the link to the indreams page.

Here's what and old version of it looks like (again):

Let me know what ya think!

Side note: Does anyone know how to rearrange the order of the high score tables? currently mine is showing the stages all out of order.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
This thing is coming together QUICK! Last week all I had was a grey box test level and a main character. Since then, I've done all the environmental art, enemies (with path finding and states), a custom camera rig, and a bunch of audio work. It's already feeling polished enough to show off. Fuck I love Dreams.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
there are more and more ambitious Dreams game now, it's really amazing to see. no idea if Dreams can break out to mainstream success, but it really deserves some big success. it got to win a bunch of awards or something

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TFW you get back to camp after foraging and there's a tornado ripping through it:

WZMJJpF.png

Really fun little survival game: Castaway Survival

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, i played the Web Slinging Simulator with Gwen. Mechanics are good, though still needs some work but the animations while swinging and jumping are really, really fun.

I also really like the music having a visual effect due to the music.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Went to a games testing session today for Dreams. NDA so can't talk specifics on what they were testing but I had the best time. I've asked if I can share more and I'll let you know if they say yes. NDAs are normally about protecting secret stuff but it's something they've previously talked about so I hope it's ok

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
Went to a games testing session today for Dreams. NDA so can't talk specifics on what they were testing but I had the best time. I've asked if I can share more and I'll let you know if they say yes. NDAs are normally about protecting secret stuff but it's something they've previously talked about so I hope it's ok
omg it's totally VR! (I'll take your silence as a yes :p)

Honestly, please do respect the NDA.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
I've just been watching this video from Gamescom and Mark Healey mentioned that they're aiming for early next year for the full release. I believe this is the first time that it's been explicitly stated.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
When do you think the the next big update will be. It has to be soon. Before October would be preferable

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be be nice if they were a bit more 'beta' with early access - bring in features if not completely done to get feedback. I expect there are some features that might be amazing even if not fully polished yet

AmericanKirby

Aug 31, 2018
Inside your house
it has to be VR if they are NDA the gamescom thing.
unless its not and its something else like an online creation mode

Yeah I'm really hoping it's some big ticket feature like online multiplayer or VR. That or a bunch of smaller additions the creation tools. The updates so far have been a whole lotta nothing outside of improving the dreamiverse. Outside of some bugfixes the creation tools have basically haven't changed since the creator beta.

AmericanKirby

Aug 31, 2018
Inside your house
It'd be be nice if they were a bit more 'beta' with early access - bring in features if not completely done to get feedback. I expect there are some features that might be amazing even if not fully polished yet

I think MM are avoiding adding half-finished or potentially buggy features to try and prevent creations from breaking between updates. There were quite a few features that were dropped sometime before beta because they couldn't get them working as well as they liked, like the inventory system.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
I think MM are avoiding adding half-finished or potentially buggy features to try and prevent creations from breaking between updates. There were quite a few features that were dropped sometime before beta because they couldn't get them working as well as they liked, like the inventory system.
Adding new features is probably like their thermometer mantra: after giving something for creation, they can't take it back.

madridi-gh

Mar 25, 2018
I've just been watching this video from Gamescom and Mark Healey mentioned that they're aiming for early next year for the full release. I believe this is the first time that it's been explicitly stated.

Yeah I think you're right. This the first time they mentioned next year for release.
I guess the main campaign is taking longer than expected. But early next year is heavily packed with heavy hitters. I wonder which month will they pick.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
polygon made an article about a game made in dreams.

Ruckus: Just Another Natural Disaster is not a title you can buy at GameStop, or load up on Steam. To play it, you need to have a different game: Dreams on PlayStation 4. Dreams is in beta right now, and the Media Molecule-developed experiment allows players to make their own games. While the experience isn't fully out yet, players are using Dreams to make incredible things. Take, for instance, this awesome-looking kaiju game.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Trying to figure out a camera system. Was going to do straight 2D like Inside or something but I think I like being able to move in and out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.