• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Controller Preference

• Only used DS4

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • Only used Move

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Used both, prefer DS4

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Used both, prefer Move

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Used both, like them equally

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I made that guy, thanks! Wanted to take a break from mini golf holes before I start doing halloween themed ones.

I really like the idea of the candle being your lifebar but also your main way of navigating your environment or protecting yourself from enemies.

Maybe they hate the light or something like that?

Having to manage your wax between refilling stations (maybe a large dripping candle?) sounds like a lot of fun.

Having it take a second or two to 'charge up' before lighting could add an additional level of tension too.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So does anyone know how to mirror animations on a 2D plane puppet ala fighting games? There's this really good Guilty Gear dream that achieves this (2D Fighting test by saidybah) and I, for the life of me, can't figure it out.

Sumasshu1

Oct 27, 2017
So does anyone know how to mirror animations on a 2D plane puppet ala fighting games? There's this really good Guilty Gear dream that achieves this (2D Fighting test by saidybah) and I, for the life of me, can't figure it out.
In Puzzles of Conflict I did this by just having two copies, one of them flipped by pressing L3 (or R3?) while moving it. One button flips horizontally, one vertically.

AmericanKirby

Aug 31, 2018
Inside your house

Only way to do it is to flip the whole puppet after creating all the animations, like Sumasshu1 said. I wish you could flip the animation itself like you can in 3d modelling/animation programs but puppets actually aren't even symmetrical (for some reason) so I doubt it'd work well even if you could.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I think I figured it out. What I did was make the puppet and put in a tag in it's brain to define it's axis orientation. Then I made two clones, one unchanged and one flipped horizontally, deleting the controller sensor on both and the original tag on the original puppet. Then I used transporters on the original to match axis orientation from either cloned puppets depending on what direction I pressed.

To test it out, I made a brand new pose on the original puppet and sure enough, the pose is flipped when facing the opposite direction.

It's messy and it took nearly my whole day off to figure it out, but yaaaaaaaaaay. This'll make the action platformer I'm working on much easier and readable.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Random rant but I hate publishing an unfinished Dream because I feel forced to finish it later :s. Gotta stop doing it and only releasing fully finished stuff.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017

That is so cool! Sure it's not "gameplay", but it's still gorgeous. I can't wait to see games with good cutscenes or just movies. Hopefully people will figure out how to seamlessly transition from cutscene to gameplay.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Some more wip. Not even sure we can have those things in the menu yet but i'll see with my co-dev :p

Can you even link the dream leaderboard in the dream itself ?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Some more wip. Not even sure we can have those things in the menu yet but i'll see with my co-dev :p

Can you even link the dream leaderboard in the dream itself ?

The scoreboard, I don't think so. The highest score, yes, it needs to be a variable that persists between dreams

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Been working on a first person horror game. Hoping to have it ready to launch on Halloween.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Any news about the release date? I am into the beta since day one but honestly only tried it for a few hours because I've been quite busy.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
wip time

There will be more stuff in there, normally, but framerate is not amazing already lol.
I think my game is PS5 ready!

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Should be back on dreams soon when I get a TV. I need more room than the monitor I have at the desk

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
Well, my new dream is finished and published. It was so much easier and fun to make than my first. Hopefully that translates into a better game.

Nov 2, 2018
Ugly Sofa Gaming has a very special announcement and we have a special week of Dreams content coming starting September 30th. Watch the video for more information:

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks! It's not quite an original idea as it's heavily inspired by Astrobot, but I appreciate the compliment nonetheless. I'm particularly proud of the controls so I'm glad people are noticing.

It's a top tier level, mate!

The only real suggestion I have is that I've noticed people on YouTube using the 'glide' mechanic to kind of coast over a few of the platforming sections. One potential way to minimise this could be to have the laser destroy the crumbling blocks faster than walking on them to encourage people to actually run and jump during those sections.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
Was the main character created using a base Mm puppet?
It was. I can post a screencap of the settings tomorrow if anyone is interested. I recently tried copying the settings over to a blank puppet and it didnt quite feel as good. I think the fact that the robot is slightly bigger than the puppet makes the controls feel more natural for some reason.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
It's a top tier level, mate!

The only real suggestion I have is that I've noticed people on YouTube using the 'glide' mechanic to kind of coast over a few of the platforming sections. One potential way to minimise this could be to have the laser destroy the crumbling blocks faster than walking on them to encourage people to actually run and jump during those sections.

Thank you! The way I see it, if they can glide over some obstacles, that's fair game. Unless you're talking about them completely skipping over parts of the level or something. I haven't seen anything like that yet.

The idea of the lasers destroying platforms is an idea I want to use if I make a sequel. Maybe they could melt ice blocks or something.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
So.. What does that mean when you export a video and the sound is all shitty and full of noise ????

Update: My bad it was my pc :p
Wip time! (only sound this time)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.