• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Controller Preference

• Only used DS4

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • Only used Move

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Used both, prefer DS4

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Used both, prefer Move

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Used both, like them equally

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
power up now!

By the way i have a huge delay problem with the control in the game, it's like half a second of delay after i push the button, and that kinda kills the rhythmic part of the game.

Do you think it's the framerate ? But wouldn't a game keep the same control response with a frame skip normally ?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
power up now!

By the way i have a huge delay problem with the control in the game, it's like half a second of delay after i push the button, and that kinda kills the rhythmic part of the game.

Do you think it's the framerate ? But wouldn't a game keep the same control response with a frame skip normally ?

I noticed something like that when I started using a more zoomed-out camera. I just assumed it was tied to the framerate. Isn't there a framerate displayer on the dreamiverse somewhere? You could probably test it out.

Other than that do you have any logic between the input and the action? I noticed when I added a charge-up attack to my regular attack button it added a slight delay (it activated the attack on button release instead of press). It was annoying enough that I moved it to a separate button.

More dungeon

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I noticed something like that when I started using a more zoomed-out camera. I just assumed it was tied to the framerate. Isn't there a framerate displayer on the dreamiverse somewhere? You could probably test it out.

Other than that do you have any logic between the input and the action? I noticed when I added a charge-up attack to my regular attack button it added a slight delay (it activated the attack on button release instead of press). It was annoying enough that I moved it to a separate button.

More dungeon

What's the basics behind the isometric view?

It looks pretty good but do you have to limit environment scale? or does a particular camera perspective imitate it well?

You seen the "desert strike" style game?

Oct 27, 2017
The camera is basically just really far away with a very low fov to limit the perspective shift. A desert strike type game is definitely possible. The only caveat that I've come across it's that the camera is so far away that some effects are less detailed, like sun shadows are blurrier and diffuse lights aren't very precise.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The camera is basically just really far away with a very low fov to limit the perspective shift. A desert strike type game is definitely possible. The only caveat that I've come across it's that the camera is so far away that some effects are less detailed, like sun shadows are blurrier and diffuse lights aren't very precise.

I meant there is a desert strike game, Zeno Copter

I was trying a racing game in isometric but gave up, couldn't get the camera right.

Last edited:

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris

More dungeon

The game looks super legit and clean

As for my problem i don't know, the jump is simple and it's delayed. I also sometimes have like a giant lag where my actions on the control don't register until some seconds later

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
Art Therapy has now been updated with a scoreboard reset (and scoring glitch fix), so if you're interested in in playing for score, then now would be a good time to replay. Tourist voices have been added, voiced by the by the creators of Pig Detective.

We still plan to add voices for guards, a new room, a few more exhibits and new ending screens, but hopefully it'll be finished in the next week or so.

Oct 25, 2017
Lovely to drop back into this again after a few months.

Is there a way of seeing everything a user has published from the portal you get to when you click on their name? I feel like sometimes there is sometimes there isn't. I'd love to be able to follow up and see what else people have worked on.

Oct 25, 2017
In defence of this, it's kind of a tricky problem. You'll find most games that have a charge do it on release, because you can't be sure that the button down is going to be charge or an instant press until the player actually releases the button.

You can kind of hide it if the first few frames of the animation are shared between the charge and the swing but it's a little fiddly (iirc BOTW does something like this).

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
Lovely to drop back into this again after a few months.

Is there a way of seeing everything a user has published from the portal you get to when you click on their name? I feel like sometimes there is sometimes there isn't. I'd love to be able to follow up and see what else people have worked on.
Yeah, you can see all their published creations, and sort through them, from their profile page.

Currently this is only visible after you've completed the first tutorial, so that might be why they're not showing up for you.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
We go non linear now, with a nice little power up that let's you block the multiplayer so you need to find the right path to keep the combo going :)

Also it's loosely inspired by a Quackshot level in term of visuals lol

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Early Access is coming to an end.

The last day you can purchase Early Access will be 8th December, 11.59pm GMT / 9th December 00.59am CET.

Anyone who has purchased Early Access by this date will still be able to play Dreams after the 8th and will upgrade to the full version of Dreams when it launches for no extra cost.

There will also be the IMPY Awards, community voted best creations in various categories.

Now, of course, we're going to need some help from you, the Dreamers, to nominate the best of the best, so check out the categories below and start making your shortlists for when nominations open on Monday, 9th December.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands

More dungeon

Wow dude. That looks fantastic. If not for the watermark I would not have thought this was made in Dreams.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Release date is 14th February 2020, just announced during State of Play.
i didn't even look at my twiter notification until now. i thought they were just talking about impy award but it was the release announcement lol

im guessing they plan to write a blog whats included during launch. i was expecting vr during EA but with it being so close i guess they have it ready i hope.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017

$39.99

not a bad price.

We have also been working on a whole host of new things to inspire players at launch, including a totally new introduction to the game, a new season of tutorials, tool improvements, new game content and a feature-length game, titled Art's Dream. Art's Dream was made by us to show the endless possibilities in Dreams; it crosses genres, features some amazing characters, and shows our love of music in a big way

We've also got some really cool stuff planned for post-launch too… but let's save that for the next blog post! If you don't already have Dreams Early Access, you can pre-order now from PlayStation Store and you'll be able to get in and play Dreams on February 14 for $39.99. As a thank you to all of our Early Access players will get upgraded to the full version of Dreams via a downloadable update at no additional cost at the same time. Update requires Internet connection and a PlayStation Network account.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
im guessing we have to download the full game when its out. can't use the EA version but heres hoping just so i don't have to download again lol

edit; oh right we can still use ea versions till. i guess we'll just get to try full game early when its up on store.

Last edited:

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
im guessing we have to download the full game when its out. can't use the EA version but heres hoping just so i don't have to download again lol
It's only a few gigs already; a lot of games have bigger patches than that. I wouldn't be surprised if the final version weighs in at under 10GB, and that's likely if they include a load of user creations on the disc.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
It's only a few gigs already; a lot of games have bigger patches than that. I wouldn't be surprised if the final version weighs in at under 10GB, and that's likely if they include a load of user creations on the disc.
i forgot EA version can still be used. but yeah. it shouldn't be that big since its using stuff thats already in game. i wonder if they plan to tease on stream next year before launch of the extra content.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have they gotten keyboard and mouse support yet? If not, hopefully it's there for launch.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Does the latest newsletter point to a series of new stories/campaign from Mm? Emphasis added by me.

but those of you in Early Access can expect to see a whole wealth of changes made to Dreams at release including our motion-free control scheme, a whole new intro to Dreams, new tutorials and so much more - including Arts Dream, our first piece of Mm storytelling in Dreams...and lots of the fixes you requested in Early Access. <3.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I've been super busy this year with work so unfortunately I never got to participate much since the closed beta. Did they ever improve the character and animation tools? When I tried to use my beta project in Early Access, my character model I'd spent so long rigging in the beta was broken, and a couple hours of tinkering couldn't get it fixed. Most of the tools in Dreams I found quite great, but I found the character rigging/animation tools really brittle, obtuse, and frankly felt like an early prototype rather than something usable for a mainstream audience. I really hope they fixed this stuff for launch, because I think many people will bounce off of Dreams if it's as frustrating and time-consuming of an experience building characters as I had with it.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Looks incredible, Orioto

Lot's of great things in recent pages, in fact.

I've personally been slacking, and fallen behind on some projects, though I still play and create Dreams as a therapeutic thing every other night or so.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like there's going to be a flood of great stuff released around launch. Now that there's a release date, everyone seems to be targeting that for their projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.