• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Downloading. Can't wait for FFVII remake to be get created in this before SE release it.

Much smaller size then I was expecting.

Oct 29, 2017
It seems Sony was really supportive, as always

Well it very well could be that they were the ones fighting to keep the project (and the studio) a going concern; despite the un-ending delays and extreme lack of output...

... If Studio Santa Monica was on their last chance after their huge cancelled project; then I can't imagine that Media Molecule weren't under enormous pressure to deliver...

Likewise, Shawn Layden and Shu Yoshida were a big part of what kept Santa Monica alive and going with God of War when there were huge doubts about the studio as a going concern.

MM could've very easily have met the same fate as Studio Liverpool; and given the impact of Brexit? It's actually pretty amazing that they didn't!

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Well that was a pain in the ass but I got it thankfully.

The PS Store through a web browser won't accept any of my payments, same with the mobile app, must be an issue with it. So I ended up getting a wallet top up code from GAME and then added the funds that way to be able to purchase it.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Well it very well could be that they were the ones fighting to keep the project (and the studio) a going concern; despite the un-ending delays and extreme lack of output...

... If Studio Santa Monica was on their last chance after their huge cancelled project; then I can't imagine that Media Molecule weren't under enormous pressure to deliver...

Likewise, Shawn Layden and Shu Yoshida were a big part of what kept Santa Monica alive and going with God of War when there were huge doubts about the studio as a going concern.

MM could've very easily have met the same fate as Studio Liverpool; and given the impact of Brexit? It's actually pretty amazing that they didn't!

It's great that Media Molecule have been able to keep pressing on and not compromising on their vision. It probably serves them well that they have a very small team and one that has been successful to a massive degree with LBP that it kept them safe for a long time.

Watching the stream right now, I'm not normally a creative person but these tools look so fun and easy to play with, and when you master making what you want to make it is all the more satisfying.

Hope everyone has fun in the Early Access! The full release I imagine is going to blow some minds :)

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

What a nonsense...

Mm made alone with Lbp dlc enough money the past years.

Oct 29, 2017
What a nonsense...

Mm made alone with Lbp dlc enough money the past years.

They didn't make LBP3... They haven't been making any money for Sony over the past 5 years since releasing the PS4 version of Tearaway (which flopped at retail, just like its original Vita counterpart).

Of course they would've been up against enormous executive pressure! Even studios that have actually been putting out product have been shuttered by Sony!

It's great that Media Molecule have been able to keep pressing on and not compromising on their vision. It probably serves them well that they have a very small team and one that has been successful to a massive degree with LBP that it kept them safe for a long time.

Watching the stream right now, I'm not normally a creative person but these tools look so fun and easy to play with, and when you master making what you want to make it is all the more satisfying.

Hope everyone has fun in the Early Access! The full release I imagine is going to blow some minds :)

Yeah, it's great that there were people high up at Sony who had enough faith in MM to keep them going. Also helps that they are only around 50+ people. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if this EA release was done as a means of appeasing the execs at Sony... It's all very interesting to think about but let's hope that the full release still happens!

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
So, how do i see the creations of a particular user? I can see his activity, who they're following, their stats, but can't find a menu where all their creation are

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I think your concern is misplaced, MM probably make nearly as much as Naughty Dog and likely just as big a pillar.

Honestly LBP DLC gave them alot of leeway to do what they want.

ps3ud0 8)

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
They didn't make LBP3... They haven't been making any money for Sony over the past 5 years since releasing the PS4 version of Tearaway (which flopped at retail, just like its original Vita counterpart).

Of course they would've been up against enormous executive pressure! Even studios that have actually been putting out product have been shuttered by Sony!

Yeah, Sony is so evil and was only waiting for a reason to close a creative and unique studio like Mm.
A dev who created with LBP a game of the Year which made over years a lot of money.

Evolution got closed after massive troubles and the Cambridge shut down was known before their game RIGS launched.
Mostly all GG Cambrige devs switched to GG Amsterdam.

And someone posted a link which showed that Mm was making good money with LBP dlc the past years.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Mine keeps failing when trying to buy, saying an error has occurred??

Sorted - was my bank using secure.

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Grabbed it! Now I've got 8 hours in the office until I can get to play it. 8 hours for all of you to create some great things and upload them before I get on my PlayStation.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I see you can follow people and follow creations... I found how to check which people you are following, but i didn't find the menu where you can see the creations you follow! Any clue?

After typing and searching someone, don't click on his profile ! Under his character, there is a "Creations" button

So i can't just check someone directly from his level, i need to find his name and then i can check their creations?

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, it's great that there were people high up at Sony who had enough faith in MM to keep them going. Also helps that they are only around 50+ people. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if this EA release was done as a means of appeasing the execs at Sony... It's all very interesting to think about but let's hope that the full release still happens!
MM has still been making money from LBP DLC. I forget where I saw it but there was an image showing they are still in black.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I see you can follow people and follow creations... I found how to check which people you are following, but i didn't find the menu where you can see the creations you follow! Any clue?
So i can't just check someone directly from his level, i need to find his name and then i can check their creations?
Same, I didn't find the menu where you can see which creations you follow
And for now I guess, we can't check someone directly from his level

Does it require PS+ to play other peoples creations?
Nope don't need PS+

Seiniyta

Oct 25, 2017
I had the same problem, but I circumvented it by adding funds to my wallet first, then buying with the funds.
Exactly what I just did. PlayStation store and it's PayPal integration has been.. wonky to say the least.

Got it now and that's all that matters. Now to cleanup my mail inbox since it sent me a mail for every failed attempt at verifying lol