• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017

NA Blog: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/03/28/dreams-early-access-begins-april-16/

EU Blog: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/03/28/dreams-early-access-starts-on-16th-april/

How much will Dreams Early Access cost?

Dreams Early Access will cost £24.99/€29.99/$29.99/CAD$39.99.

Which territories will Dreams Early Access be available for? .

Initially, Dreams Early Access will be available in the US, Canada and all European territories (Also AU and NZ - https://twitter.com/mmalex/status/1111272614469820418 )

What is included in Early Access?.

Early Access is exactly that. Early entry into Dreams, designed for creators to get hands on with the tools. It won't feature everything that the full release will have (our story mode being a big piece of that) but you'll get our full tool set for creating, our interactive tutorials and arcade games, templates and additional content created by Media Molecule and access to what you, the CoMmunity, made during our Dreams Creator Beta. You'll also be getting the first hands-on with new features and content as we add them

Will my Early Access / Beta creations carry over to the full game?

Yes. Early Access is the launch of the creation tools of Dreams and this will then roll into the full version of the game.

If I buy Dreams Early Access, does that mean I get access to the full version of the game when it's released, without paying any extra / twice?

Early Access is intended for Creators who will participate and contribute to Dreams Early Access, and in return, will have the full version of Dreams upon release.

Will Early Access include VR?

Dreams VR is not included in the initial Early Access offering. It's still planned for Dreams and we're super excited for it. We'll be sure to share more details about it as soon as we're ready

Is there any NDA for Early Access?

No! You can stream, share and create to your hearts content.

Is there a cap to Early Access? Is there a chance I won't get in?

Dreams Early Access is limited yes, but it's a big limit. That being said, to avoid disappointment, we do recommend you purchase as soon as you can to enjoy all of the creator tools available

Last edited:

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just got the tweet notification on my phone

I can finally relax and simply wait... ive already got the money in the wallet

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
It's almost like State of Play was put together 2 months ago by a team that doesn't know what's happening at the rest of PlayStation.

Anyway, great news. I'm there day one (hopefully).

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
its because its a NA blog. on EU blog. its the same but all EU territories
  1. How much will Dreams Early Access cost?
  2. Dreams Early Access will cost £24.99/€29.99/$29.99/CAD$39.99.
  3. What is the age rating for Dreams Creator Early Access?
  4. Dreams Creator Early Access is PEGI 12
  5. Which territories will Dreams Early Access be available for?
  6. Initially, Dreams Early Access will be available in the US, Canada and all European territories.

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
I think I put my name forward when it was announced. Fingers crossed I get in again.

I do think it's a clever strategy doing early access. When it goes into full release there shouldn't be too many issues regarding lack of content or assets.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Why this was not on State of Play?
Sony come on

30€ ONLY? THE FUCK

NO EU? SONY? HELLO?

Siinova

Oct 29, 2017
They should have included this in their little event the other day. Anyhow will be there day 1

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna get this even if I'm technically not gonna create anything. Glad to see that it will be open enough where everyone who wants it on Day 1 should be able to get in.

Amazing news but it begs the question, why didn't they just announce this in State of Play?

Same reason Dreams didn't get a spot during Sony's weird ass E3 theater show aside from a cameo. It's bizarre

To be fair it's a hard game to nail down in a quick 2 minute segment, maybe they're afraid of giving people the wrong impression.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
its because its a NA blog. on EU blog. its the same but all EU territories
  1. How much will Dreams Early Access cost?
  2. Dreams Early Access will cost £24.99/€29.99/$29.99/CAD$39.99.
  3. What is the age rating for Dreams Creator Early Access?
  4. Dreams Creator Early Access is PEGI 12
  5. Which territories will Dreams Early Access be available for?
  6. Initially, Dreams Early Access will be available in the US, Canada and all European territories.

Thanks !
It's so stupid how they don't precise all countries, just because it's US Blog