• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so in. I was hesitant about this game until I watched Giant Bomb's stream of it a while back. Now it might be my most anticipated game of the year to be honest.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do I have to sign up for something to get access to this? Or will it go up for public sale?

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I am so excited for this. However, I do not like the sound of limiting early access. Like other posters have pointed out, get ready for scalpers to come and ruin everyone's fun.

We already had the early access beta period. We dont need another one. Either release the game as EA and give people access that want it, or wait until its released and charge full price. Doing it their way is only going to cause problems.

Raised in a Barn

Chicken Chaser
Mar 26, 2019
I guess they changed the number of countries in Europe that will get the Early access version because initially it was only in UK, Austria, Benelux, France, Switzerland, Italy, Germany and Spain.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...his-spring-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/

In the EA announcement i was convinced that it did not grant access to the full game when it launches but since it does, i might buy the early access.

Yeah, I remember when it was limited to a few countries, but if it's launching on EA in Norway then i'm there day one. Waited for this game for a while now.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I am so excited for this. However, I do not like the sound of limiting early access. Like other posters have pointed out, get ready for scalpers to come and ruin everyone's fun.

We already had the early access beta period. We dont need another one. Either release the game as EA and give people access that want it, or wait until its released and charge full price. Doing it their way is only going to cause problems.
how are they going to scalp? sell the PSN account?

also, the first one was a beta. introduce the tools to the community and to test other stuff and get feedback.
this is early access. this is the creators tool only for the full game.

jamsy

Oct 27, 2017
So is this just for the early access? Or do you get the full game when it releases?

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, conflicted about getting it. I'm not the creative type, but getting in early and at a lower price point... But I don't want to hog the space.

Slaylock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Outside of early Access and pricing of this turning to full game what makes us not think this won't be any different from a full retail game with normal price.
When asked about this on the Dreams discord channel, they specifically said that the retail price has not been announced. While is may well be $60, Sony has been known to sell games for less, and they may choose to in this case to get it into as many hands as possible.

Of course, this is just my speculation. I don't think people should pick this up just because they can get the game for half price, because that may not be the case.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
I really want to try this early access but I would feel bad because I don't think I'll make as much as some creators

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
the mod merged the threads. OP should just copy my second post. but its there. but second post.

Your post is actually the one I was treating as the OP, since the actual OP has so little info. But go back and read your post. You actually left it out. You should add it, to save confusion and people are getting annoyed by the question.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, conflicted about getting it. I'm not the creative type, but getting in early and at a lower price point... But I don't want to hog the space.

I'm in the same boat, but no VR means I'll probably leave my spot to someone else who will actually build something for it.

I'd VRemake Colony Wars in Dreams if I had the skills.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Your post is actually the one I was treating as the OP, since the actual OP has so little info. But go back and read your post. You actually left it out. You should add it, to save confusion and people are getting annoyed by the question.
i copied mine from EU blog which worded theirs different from NA Blog.
EDIT: NVM i see now. totally missed that whole Q&A for it lol

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not creative, but the beta sucked me in way more than LBP ever did. I'm no artist but the kinds of games I want to make I can get by with 'programmer art' plus leveraging other peoples' assets where needed.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping too. I wanna make an FPS and I'm guessing a lot of good stuff will come from community efforts.

Mar 11, 2019
Does the 16 April date means available from midnight depending on time zone?

I am guessing numbers to be around 100k for EU and 100k for US zone, about 10 times that of the beta and will be sold out day 1.

john titor

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It seems like not all EU countries will be in there on the release day, according to EU blog.
Hopefully, it is just a general list of countries there and other EU stores will have it on Day 1, cause I'm looking to get it on the first day.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This price and release essentially nullifies the complaint and worry I had about a potential lacklustre or content limited campaign. If it's only £25/early access, I'm ok with just the creation and sharing side of things.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
16 April is a Tuesday. If it is based on store update, what I know is that ps+ games are almost always available around 11.00-13.00 on a Tuesday. It will be difficult to be checking the store out during the day due to work.
if you check era during your work hours. just log on the web store to buy it. hopefully people limit the spam until EA drops.

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017
Can;t wait. Those creations I saw a few months ago were amazing. I can't wait to dive in and see what people create.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I don't game much but I will be buying this. Just seeing the remix tool inspires me to turn some of my storytelling ideas and toy photography into moving scenes. I can't wait!

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017
Rooting for this hard. Major props for Media Molecule and Sony for running this marathon, an admirable effort for a highly risky venture.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I was about to cancel my PS Plus sub but saw this...pretty sure one isn't required to see other people's Dreams but wanted to double check before pulling the plug.

Lidas

Oct 26, 2017
The easiest day one purchase ever. I stayed up way too late on too many nights creating stuff in the beta, kinda fear how this will affect my sleep.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
It seems like not all EU countries will be in there on the release day, according to EU blog.
Hopefully, it is just a general list of countries there and other EU stores will have it on Day 1, cause I'm looking to get it on the first day.

Looks like all European countries?
"Initially, Dreams Early Access will be available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and all European territories."

Maybe you were looking at the list of supported languages and got confused?

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
16 April is a Tuesday. If it is based on store update, what I know is that ps+ games are almost always available around 11.00-13.00 on a Tuesday. It will be difficult to be checking the store out during the day due to work.

PS+ titles are definitely the exception to the rule. EU/PAL stores start updating at 12am GMT, but updates can take a very long time.

Shrikey

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone get an email about this update? I signed up for updates about early access a while back, and was surprised that this announcement didn't end up in my inbox somehow. I got screwed over on the beta as well, so I'm still wondering if my address/PSN-ID just isn't registering. Looking at the thread, though, it doesn't seem like anyone got it in an e-mail or PSN-update?

Oct 27, 2017
Whyyyyy wasnt this in State of play. Jesus christ i never complained zbiut their marketing before but this feels like a joke. State of Play wzs not even a week ago wtf

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Ohhhh my god
Ohmygodohmygodohmygodddddd!
That's like right after a convention I'm going to.

I REALLY hope i can get into this. I'm nervous i won't cause i really wanna stream that music creation suite and stuff.

Please MM gods..let me in