• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Does Early access require PS+ ?

No

Whyyyyy wasnt this in State of play. Jesus christ i never complained zbiut their marketing before but this feels like a joke. State of Play wzs not even a week ago wtf

Probably to avoid too much attention? Although it'll still get that via the internet anyway. Would you prefer a ton of people buy it just because it's cheap and you end up not getting in? (Although I'd expect anyone buying it in the first week at least would be fine)

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
I really want to try this early access but I would feel bad because I don't think I'll make as much as some creators
I got in the beta and barely made made anything, not being a creator myself. But you can do dream surfing and curate some creations. afsik, MM is encouraging it.
Or you can always try all the tool and see what you'll enjoy the most.
Here's to hoping more tutorials on EA.

purpleturtle

Jan 27, 2019
I got in the beta and barely made made anything, not being a creator myself. But you can do dream surfing and curate some creations. afsik, MM is encouraging it.
Actually they are NOT encouraging anyone to try it if they don't think they'll create or curate. The first announcement for early access specifically said people who don't create or curate might want to sit this one out. I know you mention curation yourself, but it does seem like they want people who are more engaged than the average player.

Link here under "Who is Early Access for?"

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
Did anyone get an email about this update? I signed up for updates about early access a while back, and was surprised that this announcement didn't end up in my inbox somehow. I got screwed over on the beta as well, so I'm still wondering if my address/PSN-ID just isn't registering. Looking at the thread, though, it doesn't seem like anyone got it in an e-mail or PSN-update?
They did not send e-mail. They just announced the date. They should be sending the e-mail the day of the release.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Finally! I've waited years for this. Too bad Move controllers are still so high. Amazon has two packs around $89, and single moves for $29-39.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Actually they are NOT encouraging anyone to try it if they don't think they'll create or curate. The first announcement for early access specifically said people who don't create or curate might want to sit this one out. I know you mention curation yourself, but it does seem like they want people who are more engaged than the average player.

I get what you mean. I meant if they're really invested in Dreams and want to help provide feedback to MM, they can test the social functions like curation and such. No need to be intimidated by not being a creator. Though I would still advise to dip into the creator tools and see what they can expand upon.

If you're there for the early access price to play games, well yeah, an average player may want to wait for the full release. They wouldn't get much from EA.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Now the real trick will be how hard it'd be to make something and then have it work in VR when the full thing launches. Because at least on the creation end, that's like 100% where my interest falls... but I wouldn't mind messing with it some and getting stuff set up for that in advance... (like, in theory I guess as long as you're not pushing the limits too hard it should be okay? I don't actually know much about this stuff, but I know you've got to keep VR stuff simpler because it obviously takes more juice.)

Jul 5, 2018

I really want to try this, though admittedly I've never played a game like this before. I'm still very interested in ATTEMPTING to build something (though it may not be good enough for others to try out) as well as trying out other player creations. Do you think someone like me who's new to this would enjoy early access?

john titor

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like all European countries?
"Initially, Dreams Early Access will be available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and all European territories."

Maybe you were looking at the list of supported languages and got confused?

Dunno, the blog post says
When released, Dreams Early Access will be available digitally through the PlayStation Store and priced at €29.99. Early Access will be available in UK, USA, Australia, Austria, Benelux, New Zealand, France, Switzerland, Italy, Germany and Spain.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
At what time does the European Store update? I feel like usually I see new stuff on the Wednesday morning only, with the comments here making it seem like it was just updated.

Or are they just going to release it a day before the usual update? Man I cant wait for that, I CANT NOT BUY IT.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
At what time does the European Store update? I feel like usually I see new stuff on the Wednesday morning only, with the comments here making it seem like it was just updated.

Or are they just going to release it a day before the usual update? Man I cant wait for that, I CANT NOT BUY IT.

Between 10h-14h if I'm correct

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Oh true. Thanks. Maybe I'll try it.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
When does the US store update? It seems to have been updating in the afternoon recently I think

purpleturtle

Jan 27, 2019
I really want to try this, though admittedly I've never played a game like this before. I'm still very interested in ATTEMPTING to build something (though it may not be good enough for others to try out) as well as trying out other player creations. Do you think someone like me who's new to this would enjoy early access?
Yeah absolutely! Just having the desire to make something is all you need to start. I think that passion and creativity on their own are good enough. Also don't worry about making something that's professional grade, everyone has to start somewhere. And besides, you might even be better than you expected!

Jul 5, 2018
Yeah absolutely! Just having the desire to make something is all you need to start. I think that passion and creativity on their own are good enough. Also don't worry about making something that's professional grade, everyone has to start somewhere. And besides, you might even be better than you expected!

Thanks for the response. Can't wait to try it out!

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Its cool that theyre doing this but please dont let this be a business practice other companies copy.

Early access with limited copies is kinda stupid. Especially when you cant pre-order.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Just a curious question for those who've tried it before; How difficult is the creation suite with JUST a DS4 controller?

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
Just a curious question for those who've tried it before; How difficult is the creation suite with JUST a DS4 controller?

I used DS4 exclusively during the beta and had no issues. I briefly tried out the moves but preferred the DS4. The moves are probably better for sculpting once you get used to them though.

AFI-kun

Oct 31, 2017
Would anyone know if this is IP locked or just getting it from the mentioned stores is enough?

AFI-kun

Oct 31, 2017
The stores have never been IP locked. PSN, Nintendo E-Shop, Xbox Live - anyone can create an account no matter where you are from and buy stuff. I have EU and US accounts on all three.
Aware of this! Just that the announcement post is worded pretty differently and made me worried that my acct might get banned if they do check IP location. Anyway, thanks!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Aware of this! Just that the announcement post is worded pretty differently and made me worried that my acct might get banned if they do check IP location. Anyway, thanks!

should be ok - Alex from MM confirmed on twitter that other PSN accounts can play it like any normal purchase (the beta didn't allow this, was tied to a specific PSN account).

Mikoby

Oct 28, 2017
From no hype just before the beta to all the hype now! Definitely in day one and it feels great that the game I look most forward to this year is out on early access next month!

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Giant Bomb had one of the best streams from the beta for those who aren't aware of how dreams works from a player's perspective.

Hymanator

Nov 15, 2017
Winter Park, Florida
I can't believe how cheap they are selling this for, early access or not. I was prepared to fork over $60. They must have been concerned that there wouldn't be enough playable content at launch. By the time this officially releases, it will feel like a bottomless pit of mini-games to play. I mainly only used the creation tools in the LBP series anyway, so this early access release is the best news I've heard. Can't wait!

Oct 27, 2017
I bought credit for this earlier; looking forward to giving it a proper crack. I don't forsee myself making a lot of stuff but I'll definitely be interested in downloading and trying out a lot of stuff.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
When they say there are only limited spots available, how limited are we talking? Am I safe to get in if I purchase it within the first couple of days or should I be prepared for all spots being filled within the first couple of hours of it going online?

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Do we know what time it'll go live? Fortunately I'm off work on the 16th so any time works for me but I don't want to miss out.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
When they say there are only limited spots available, how limited are we talking? Am I safe to get in if I purchase it within the first couple of days or should I be prepared for all spots being filled within the first couple of hours of it going online?

Five people get in, and they have to make Dreams in Dreams, another ten people get in and they have to make Dreams, then twenty people get in ... and so on.

We should all be in by July if those first five get their fingers out.

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
I have my pennies ready and when I saw this thread updated I was ready to jump online to preorder. Damn you most recent poster for getting my hopes up!

Nov 8, 2017

Since EU/Russia/NZ/Australia users have access to buy the game so much sooner than in North America, I don't think people need to be worried about them shutting off early access sales any time soon. Don't let that be something that stresses you out and spend your time thinking about the amazing content you're going to make instead.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

I don't think all spots will get maxed out. How they handle this this time seems more like they have enough space for everyone and will stop it a specific time point rather than at a specific number.