• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Got it! Can't wait to try it out.
I want to do some creative work but considering how much play time I have I'll probably be playing other people's creations. I have high hopes for dreams in this situation, a place where I can play original, short and entertaining experiences for a few minutes

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
The introduction in dreams is magical.
Now let ne sit down and get to the workshop to learn how to use this dream.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
So I just grabbed this. Only shows as 2.6GB download according to the PSN store? My body is ready.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man some of the creations already are crazy.

Going to be mental seeing what people can do with a bit of time

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
They didn't make LBP3... They haven't been making any money for Sony over the past 5 years since releasing the PS4 version of Tearaway (which flopped at retail, just like its original Vita counterpart).!
MM has been profitable this whole time.
MM has still been making money from LBP DLC. I forget where I saw it but there was an image showing they are still in black.
Correct, it is in their financial report for each year, can't find the link but every year for the past 5 years they have declared at least 3 million pounds profit which is not much in the grand scheme of things but they aren't losing money.

Last edited:

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
They say it's open to creators but there is no way to validate that. I am not that interested in dreams but getting it at a nice reduced cost is making me want it

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
They say it's open to creators but there is no way to validate that. I am not that interested in dreams but getting it at a nice reduced cost is making me want it
They also said that if you just want to play creations and don't want to be a creator, it's alright ;)

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone who didn't play the beta should search for the user olit123. They collected a majority of the best stuff from the beta and categorized it by the week it was created. The best of dreams in an easy to access package.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Did they say for how long this will be available? One day, two days?
The japanese version is not out until 22th April. I don't think they'll stop selling the english version before selling japanese version.

I imagine the timeline will be weeks or maybe months than days. I think internally Sony had a target of how many copies they want to sell before stopping sales. Maybe a couple hundred copies or something.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Not the biggest fan of the motion controlled cursor to be honest

During the beta they mentioned that they were working on a control system that would feature no motion control at all. As False Witness says though, it clicks pretty quickly and it's far more powerful than any alternative they could have implemented.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
As I feared, Dreams is very complex and the entry hurdle seems quite high. I'm especially struggling with controls and camera, just to move around in space. Are the move controllers a much better way to play this game?

atamize

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
As I feared, Dreams is very complex and the entry hurdle seems quite high. I'm especially struggling with controls and camera, just to move around in space. Are the move controllers a much better way to play this game?

Have you done the tutorials or are you just jumping straight into creating? The tutorials do a good job of easing you into the controls.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
There's a learning curve to creating, for sure. It just takes time, but not a lot. Just going through the tutorials usually gets you used to everything, in my experience.

Have you tried jumping into an actual game within Dreams, yet? Olit123 has collected a bunch of good stuff from the beta. SlurmMackenzie is a creator from Reset that has quite a few very fun little levels that play well.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Have you done the tutorials or are you just jumping straight into creating? The tutorials do a good job of easing you into the controls.
There's a learning curve to creating, for sure. It just takes time, but not a lot. Just going through the tutorials usually gets you used to everything, in my experience.

Have you tried jumping into an actual game within Dreams, yet? Olit123 has collected a bunch of good stuff from the beta. SlurmMackenzie is a creator from Reset that has quite a few very fun little levels that play well.

The first thing I did was completing the first sets of tutorials. Even after them I struggle. I forgot 1/3 of what I should be able to do already. it's just very complex and I haven't ever before used the motion controls of the Playstation controller now that I think about it. I need more time to adjust and I guess I need to do the tutorials maybe a second time.
I can already see though, if you invest effort and time in Dreams your options are near limitless.