• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Most I've laughed at a Dunkey video in awhile. Seeing Crash Bandicoot get shot by a regular ass gun had me dying.

SpoonSpatula

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies if this has already been covered in one of the Dreams threads, but how exactly are they going to get around IP infringement issues? Surely the rights holders and publishers are going to come down hard on some of these character/world designs?

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
The best part of Dreams is playing really weird shit. The recreations of actual videogames don't appeal to me at all because they're just worse versions of the real thing.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies if this has already been covered in one of the Dreams threads, but how exactly are they going to get around IP infringement issues? Surely the rights holders and publishers are going to come down hard on some of these character/world designs?

I think Media Molecule said they'd comply with copyright claims from external companies and take down infringing material if asked.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Including the blurbs from the Push Square and Playstation Universe reviews was just *chef's kiss*.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I cant wait for more weird stuff. Elephant Stranding and Witchy woods are great but i love the weird combo stuff like metal gear bandicoot.

in about 5 years I fully expect kart racers and smash clones made by combining several popular dreams assets into one mashup game.

I want to race chad muska and ryu against spiderman and abraham lincoln doubledash style.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Amazing. Elephant Stranding is the best idea ever. Why wasn't there a thread made about that one?

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Most dont care.

But I would be shocked if Nintendo lawyers arent drafting the C&E

Oct 27, 2017
This video just sold me on Dreams. All the high quality recreations of other games people keep posting did nothing for me, but this video takes me back to the days of browsing freeware game sites and downloading random games. I really want to play these weird shitty Dreams.

Deleted member 59

Shrek saying "where donkey" and dunkey saying "they actually did it, it looks better than the real thing" about Death Stranding really set me off.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is a pretty good mix of taking the piss out of Dreams, along with validating it for some of the ridiculous shit people post.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Omg that was great lol

"I'm not sure if its because of Dreams... or because its Sonic"

"This is better than death stranding"

"bread"

lol

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When you're driving back through witchy woods and the witch gets out of the way I lost it

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
It's literally THE perfect game to throw on and just get lost in the next gen flash nonsense. This is what it's all about. Gaming and humanity needed this wild ass game. Every millennial needs this.

Oct 26, 2017
I have a hard time believing that Disney isnt going to care but I guess we will find out.

People were making Mario 64 clones all the way back to Feb 2019 and Nintendo hasn't acknowledged any of them. People were making Star Wars and Marvel shit Feb 2019 to now and Disney hasn't cared at all. IDK, doesn't important enough for any publisher to care unless Dreams actually becomes popular.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
its super funny to me that the gex 2 recreation is more on the money than some of the stuff yall make threads about
didn't feel malicious imo. i was laughing too, not because the game was bad, but because the kid was very earnest and endearing which is cute and funny.
yeah that kid was unironically hilarious
"climb up the wall with uh........ L1" & "Good to see you can follow instructions" are funnier than any "funny" tutorial ive played in a game

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
This is why Dreams is fantastic. It takes me back to the days of discovering Newgrounds for the first time. So many laughs have been had.
Completely this, intermixed with some actual games that you stumble across and play through that are genuinely great albeit short. The future is looking incredibly bright for dreams players if the early stages are anything to go by.