• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to queue up (the "play later" functionality on the website) from within Dreams?

Oct 27, 2017
Might be because I'm sick but I got a bit frustrated with the constant tutorials (the number of them) and the gyro controls trying to line up a bridge with another structure in my home world. Not sure why I couldn't grab a grounded object by the corner instead of it snapping to the center and it slowly creeping away from where I want to place it.

And how tf do you nudge? I don't get the icon.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
Might be because I'm sick but I got a bit frustrated with the constant tutorials (the number of them) and the gyro controls trying to line up a bridge with another structure in my home world. Not sure why I couldn't grab a grounded object by the corner instead of it snapping to the center and it slowly creeping away from where I want to place it.

And how tf do you nudge? I don't get the icon.

Hold the R2 or trigger button gently.

MastaKilla88

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020
I messed around with some games for about an hour or so. I didn't really enjoy it, but only because I just don't think the experience is for me. It's a terrific idea though, and If you're down to play some simple mini games Or mini-indies, there's a lot of fun to be had for you. I kinda knew this is what it'd be and I'm not one to create either. But I just wanted to toy around and see what MM pulled off after so long. Seems like there's so much potential, MM really are one of a kind and i hope this project prospers for them.

Oct 27, 2017
Hold the R2 or trigger button gently.
I get that maybe an eventual tutorial would explain that but I thought I saw that there were descriptors when you highlight an icon. Maybe I missed that being available for that. But it bugged me trying to fine tune a grounded object spinning and sliding away from me when I just wanted to align it with a walk way.

Jayembi

Jun 19, 2019
Sorry for my ignorance, do you have to have ps plus to enjoy different game features? Because I want to buy Dreams but unfortunately I do not have the money to pay PS Plus and I would like to know if I will lose some functions of the game for not having the online service.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for my ignorance, do you have to have ps plus to enjoy different game features? Because I want to buy Dreams but unfortunately I do not have the money to pay PS Plus and I would like to know if I will lose some functions of the game for not having the online service.
The only thing to fully enjoy Dreams is a PlayStation Network Account and Internet Connection.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
My kid was watching me navigate the different creations/levels and one of them was a School Shooter one. Yikes.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
All of Dreams campaign levels were made without keyboard and mouse, they used Dualshock or Move controllers, just like players can right now. This is old news, but people seem to question it, (Digital Foundry thought it wouldn't have made sense for them to use the tools other players would use in their game creation game. It actually makes a ton of sense hah)

twitter.com

john Beech on Twitter

“@3Plo1d @digitalfoundry Yep, no mouse and keyboard, all ds4 and moves! It was the best way to design, build and test the tools :)”

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Why does D-Bug's rolling mechanic feel so damn satisfying? Especially that little pop up he does after releasing R2.

I don't even bother walking/running anymore, I just roll around everywhere!

Wait...he rolls?!? LOL. I played through the whole thing and don't think I ever did that. I held R2 for the charge up, but always did it idle.

Welp, looks like I need to play through again.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Wait...he rolls?!? LOL. I played through the whole thing and don't think I ever did that. I held R2 for the charge up, but always did it idle.

Welp, looks like I need to play through again.
Theres some area you need to roll to get a prize bubble.

does this even need a spoiler its not like i told what spot it was lol

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
I want to get into this game but I'm just worried about the controls.

Is there any word if keyboard and mouse support is coming?

Jun 26, 2018
Yep it was the first thing I did but still crazy stuff doesn't get filtered/screened even if just an algorithm.

Sony is in charge of moderation, and I don't really know how they're handling it, guess it might be primarily based on reports, since automatically detecting things might be a tad to complex (considering not even google can get that right on a non-interactive medium)

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Im satisfied with it. i could do more but i don't want to spend too much time here until the homespace update coming soon. i've released it so people want to go see just search DMPrince. i think i QA most of the area so you won't fall into a hole unless you go out to the waterfall area. i didn't wall most of that. might have a lack of light in some area. just pretend campfire is there.

i should go collect other prize bubbles. i noticed i have a bunch i haven't unlocked yet.;

BWw5RuK.jpg

I can now go back to actual creating lol.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Talking about moderation, I've started creating Porco Rosso's hideout from the film. When trying to name it Porco it was getting automatically censored and just showed up as "*****".

I'm really enjoying piecing together other people's sculpts to create this scene and I'm slowly getting to grips with the controls more now. The camera bookmark is a crucial tool given how easy it can be to zoom off into the distance if you're not careful. Camera bookmarks absolutely making me love this game a lot more now.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
This game is absolute magic. I am a total noob with the creator tools (I'll try to dabble a bit in the homespace to get the hang of it though), but the fact MM gives you everything to make what you want is amazing.

Love how much creativity there is already on display. Yesterday I stumbled upon something called 'the most innovative game' or something like that and I just woke up the house with laughter. It's extremely simple (well, actually) but so creative and fun.

Edit: it was called 'the playtest of a masterpiece'

Last edited:

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Whatever this is I'm here for it:

twitter.com

Elca on Twitter

“Last action today: Added R3 Button to trigger GL/TCH. Also added wiggle to glitch. Dream is updated. #DreamsPS4 https://t.co/Dx9fs5ob51”

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
What's the best way to morph an object into another object? For example, an eye changing into a flower. Would I have to record every edit I make to the original sculpt as an animation?

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
What's the best way to morph an object into another object? For example, an eye changing into a flower. Would I have to record every edit I make to the original sculpt as an animation?
This is quite difficult because you cannot deform sculpts whilst the game is in play mode. You'd have to do it sort of stop-motion style on a timeline, where you make a sculpt of every frame and use the timeline to switch the visibility on and off such that it gives the illusion of it being one sculpt.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game is great, I just hate the PS4 Pro. Seriously, no console should be this loud it's ridiculous, I can hear it over my headphones. Almost tempted just to wait for the PC or PS5 release (assuming its any better).

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017

This is a 7 hr video so multiple Dreams creations are played (and they do play a different game in between)

The game at 3h41m looks awesome. Id love to play games like that --3D, puzzle/exploration types

One thing that still seems really off in Dreams is the character movement and animations though. I hope maybe they can make an update that gives you numerous presets or a suite to make animations better.