• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Welcome to the Dreams ResetERA OT!

dreams-ps4-beta-sign-up.gif

Review Thread | Dreams Early Access |OT| | Dreams Creators |OT| (Coming Soon if there's a high demand for this!) |

Dreams_OT_Information.png

Dreams_Pricing_v2.png

Dreams_Story_Final.png

According to IGN's Youtube Video, "Explaining Art's Dream, the 'Story Mode' Inside Dreams", there's a still with a description for the campaign that states the following:
"Art's Dream is an interactive, movie length musical story, showcasing some of what's possible in Dreams. Help Art navigate a surreal dream world, fighting his demons to reunite with his band. Along the way, find hidden prizes you can use in your own creations.

Dreams_FAQ_Final.png

• What is Dreams?
Dreams™ is a space where you go to play and experience the dreams of Media Molecule and our community. It's also a space in which to create your own dreams, whether they're games, art, films, music or anything in-between and beyond.
  • What can you do in Dreams? How do I even play the game? Are there options to use non-motion controls?
Dreams allows players to create anything from games to gadgets, music to movies, puzzles to paintings and everything in-between and beyond - all from their own sofa, with just a PS4. There are multiple ways to play the game including your Dualshock 4, Motion Controllers and using a non-motion control scheme that will be available at launch.
  • Can you make money off of your creations on Dreams?
Theoretically, you can make money via Youtube Videos and people subbing to your Twitch account while you stream yourself making something on Dreams. However, no, you can not make money directly off of Dreams. However, according to /r/PS4Dreams, User Monetization of your creations is something Media Molecule have said they are carefully thinking about.
  • Can you make Dreams with other players? What about Multiplayer? Can I play dreams with others?
Yes, you can make Dreams with other players, however, you can not work on a project together at the same as of right now. There's a multiple step process that you must do in order to work on a project with multiple people on Dreams. This includes you or someone else sending each other different scenes in your inboxes (ingame) and adding those scenes to one major scene that'll be the final product of the game. However, online multiplayer (playing multiplayer Dreams with others online, or building a scene in the same instance online) is coming, but not at launch on February 14th.
  • Is VR coming to Dreams?
VR is also coming but not at launch.
  • Will I enjoy Dreams if I only plan to play and not create anything?
Absolutely! You will be able to enjoy tons of creations such as a Final Fantasy VII remake, Guitar Hero remake and tons of other brand new creations that will be available to you because of Early Access Creators! There's a ton of content created by both Media Molecule and Creators for you to enjoy.

Dreams_Gameplay_Final.png

Now, stick with me because I'm going to try my best to explain this in a simplified way. In Dreams, you play Dreams created by Media Molecule and other Creators. You can use both your motion controllers or Dualshock 4. This is the first thing I want to get out of the way because it's the easiest place to start.

Dreams_Way_to_Play_v2.png

Now, what can you do in Dreams? What is the "gameplay"?

In Dreams, you're given a handful of tutorials with any where from 1 to 5+ sub sections that are part of the tutorials. The tutorials will go over things such as using Logic, adding Gameplay to your Dream, making music, making art and a few other important things that you should know about before attempting to make something. The tutorials will look like this:

Dreams_Tutorial_v2.png

There are multiple tutorials for you to go through that will always be there for your use, so don't worry about them disappearing! It's one of the first things you should do if you're interested in creating anything on Dreams. They're there to help you learn, there's even three categories of classes. There's Basic, Advanced and Master Classes. The tutorials basically play a small video on the side of your screen which you can pause, rewind and fast forward. You'll be guided through various steps that'll teach you basic mechanics like resizing objects, cloning objects and so on. These are highly recommended for the new users who are joining the Dreamiverse and are planning on making their dreams come true!

Dreams_Discord_Final.png

Feel free to join this server I set up for everyone:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Dreams_Showcase_Final.png

This section is dedicated to various users that sent me a link to their Dreams content that they made on Dreams. Dreams has an online website and app called "Indreams.me", you can use it to view Dreams content online. Other ERA members actually sent me Youtube videos that they wanted to share of their creations, too. So, to showcase some of the things that are capable of Dreams, here's a few creations by our very own ERA Members!

Last edited:

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Let's go baybay! I've been making my first ever game in Dreams recently and even though it's taking me a while. I am proud of myself for making something.

Also don't sleep on the Music Creation tools, y'all. They are pretty impressive for this type of game. Hell you can even use external synths if you have an audio interface and an instrument cable! It's nuts! It takes some time to get used to but it's worth it.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Let your dreams be Dreams.

Let's go baybay! I've been making my first ever game in Dreams recently and even though it's taking me a while. I am proud of myself for making something.

Also don't sleep on the Music Creation tools, y'all. They are pretty impressive for this type of game. Hell you can even use external synths if you have an audio interface and an instrument cable! It's nuts! It takes some time to get used to but it's worth it.

There's literally like no good guide right now for music creation at the moment that I can find besides a few videos. I've been planning on looking into the music creation tool for the longest, I think I'll finally do that when the update drops

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome job with the OT.

I think the game drops in a bit over 6 hours for Early Access users, I can't wait to check out what's new!

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Let your dreams be Dreams.

There's literally like no good guide right now for music creation at the moment that I can find besides a few videos. I've been planning on looking into the music creation tool for the longest, I think I'll finally do that when the update drops
That's one of the biggest hurdles Dreams has to overcome I feel. We'll see how the new tutorials are tomorrow, but there's so much to learn in each tool that I don't think they could do like they did with LBP where they had a playable tutorial for every single item.

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
I've been obsessing over this thing for YEARS man, can't believe it's finally here!

This is only the beginning, and I'm in it for the long haul. Great OT btw 👍

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Great OT. And man, what a great title.
Fantastic job with the OT.

Finally after all these years.. a new MM game to steal our hearts and minds again :-)
Nice work on the OT, IDontBeatGames :)

I might have to go out and buy Dreams and not spend enough time with it lol
Nice OT!

I'm beyond excited to see everything that people will create, especially over time.
Nice OT!

I'm so happy Dreams is finally here! :D

Thanks guys, I appreciate it a lot!

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I love making music in Dreams and having my tracks appear in other people's games. It's incredibly motivating, and the library of sounds available is nice too.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Bought the early access on day one but unfortunately haven't played much since the first week.

I hope I can get back in with the story and see significant improvements over the early access with 1.0.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Oh, my subtitle was chose. So, this is how it feels to be famous? :P
Anyway, great OT. I can't wait to check this game tomorrow and check the new stuff and the Story mode.

And for anyone checking the game for the first time, we should share some recommendations. Personally, I would recommend the Watergardens:

And Little Jumps, by our own member Orioto:

Also, I wish I could be as creative as some of the people in the community to actually create something, but I will settle with only playing their amazing stuff

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Great OT. Answered some questions I had about to us title. Eagerly awaiting the 14th now.
Glad the FAQ helped! If you have any other questions feel free to ask and thank you :)
Is Sackboy anywhere in the game?, how about Iota?
There's a WIP game of Little Big Planet, so technically yes.
Bought the early access on day one but unfortunately haven't played much since the first week.

I hope I can get back in with the story and see significant improvements over the early access with 1.0.
I've played a lot over the last 2-3 months, it's been great so far. I can't wait for the full update tomorrow
Oh, my subtitle was chose. So, this is how it feels to be famous? :P
Anyway, great OT. I can't wait to check this game tomorrow and check the new stuff and the Story mode.

And for anyone checking the game for the first time, we should share some recommendations. Personally, I would recommend the Watergardens:

And Little Jumps, by our own member Orioto:

Also, I wish I could be as creative as some of the people in the community to actually create something, but I will settle with only playing their amazing stuff

Yep! It was my favorite out of all of the submissions

Finally! Can't wait to dive into the full game tonight. Good job Media Molecule. Can't wait to see what's next.
Let your dreams be Dreams!
Wish I'd gotten the Early Access. :(

Can't wait till Friday.
I've had it since day one, totally worth it
I tried my best!

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Let your dreams be Dreams!

And you my friend!

The beautiful thing for me is that Dreams is one of the first games my almost 3 year old daughter has started to play and quite often she'll sit down beside me and tell me which dreams to play and we'll take turns. She's not that good at it yet but being able to share that with her and seeing her improve all the time is awesome.

eko

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Really excited to start creating the best mecha ever and giving up halfway through

ara

Oct 26, 2017
So nobody's got to try the non-motion DS4 controls yet? I really disliked the motion controls during the beta (or was it alpha).

Lidas

Oct 26, 2017
Good work on the OT! Super pumped for the full release.

I started a small project recently, and posted a little video on Twitter. The whale is fully controllable, but needs tweaking before publishing. Damn is it fun just tinkering away.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
485080046906638347.png

I really need to start getting into Dreams, at least playing other people's levels. Bought it 2 months ago, haven't done much with it.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Got my pre-order in and can't wait to play it and noodle around in the creation tools.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
No VR at launch still hurts :(
But curious for the campaign in a few hours :)

And curious how the creating mode with classic controls will work, had my problems with motion controls...

Oct 27, 2017
Is the V1 patch live for anyone else yet? I turned on my PS4 to check before I left for work at about 7:15 this morning (UK time so an hour ago-ish) and it was still saying Early Access on the dashboard icon.