• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
EQpr5xoWoAANH9y

30 minute timelapse on his process to make it

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
I just released my 'Super Great Job, Human!' demo for everyone to play! Here's the trailer:

It looks really well made. And most of all, it looks polished. Good job ! It's one of the first thing I'll try when I'll receive the game tomorrow :)
Do you have any previous experience in game dev / 3D ?

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I played a mario kart clone, it should be pretty prominent when you're dream surfing, and I t surprised me just how natural it felt as I was half way round the first lap. It could be improved for sure but it is a really well made karting game at this stage already. Like it really felt like a true game if you know what I mean.

That's the power of Dreams. It's probably made by 2 or three people and maybe even just one person, and the early access game has only been out a year. The collaborative and sharing nature of Dreams will have that kind of snowball effect in years to come as more and more well realised concepts and designs get made which other people can utilise. If you want to make a short film you can find just about any prop that you need from small things to building and even entire cityscapes, so you don't need to worry about building all that, as one example. This thing is going to snowball for sure. Tip of the iceberg right now.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
It looks really well made. And most of all, it looks polished. Good job ! It's one of the first thing I'll try when I'll receive the game tomorrow :)
Do you have any previous experience in game dev / 3D ?

No experience at all. Before Dreams, the closest I've ever come to game development is Far Cry map editors and things like that. Now I'm obsessed.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
already preordered and installed in my ps4

any good videos for dummies to start?

I've not checked any new tutorials (if there are any), but in the beta the tutorials did a fantastic job of getting you up to speed with everything.

That time lapse above is great, but definitely follow along with the in game tutorials for things you're interested in first.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I just released my 'Super Great Job, Human!' demo for everyone to play! Here's the trailer:

I watched parts of Gribble's first look video of it. Looks really good. Gonna add it to queue.

Here's the link to first game

indreams.me

GREAT JOB, HUMAN!

NOTE: THIS GAME REQUIRES THE USE OF DS4 MOTION CONTROLS AND MAY NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY WITHOUT THEM. Meet your new best friend and guide him through a tech wasteland in search of 12 ancient relics. Use your imp to help him traverse and survive.

Here's the demo link
indreams.me

SUPER GREAT JOB, HUMAN! - DEMO

ROM has awoken in OBSOLENCIA, a purgatory for obsolete technology. Guided by his new friend, THE COMMODORE, he searches Obsolencia for the ancient relics that may help him escape his fate.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I played a mario kart clone, it should be pretty prominent when you're dream surfing, and I t surprised me just how natural it felt as I was half way round the first lap. It could be improved for sure but it is a really well made karting game at this stage already. Like it really felt like a true game if you know what I mean.

That's the power of Dreams. It's probably made by 2 or three people and maybe even just one person, and the early access game has only been out a year. The collaborative and sharing nature of Dreams will have that kind of snowball effect in years to come as more and more well realised concepts and designs get made which other people can utilise. If you want to make a short film you can find just about any prop that you need from small things to building and even entire cityscapes, so you don't need to worry about building all that, as one example. This thing is going to snowball for sure. Tip of the iceberg right now.

Presumably it's this? I have it in my play later queue.

indreams.me

Ommy Kart

Join Ommy and his friends, Artio, Stanley & Frederick Fox, as they drift and race their karts around Starfish Island. Try to beat your own time whilst dodging ducks and taking tight turns!

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
I'm so hyped for this, looking at the amazing stuff people have already created is mind blowing and it's still early days. Can you imagine what things people will have made in a few months.

PSVR support is where I am most excited though so can't wait for that, I think this will be a must own for PSVR owners once that content starts coming out.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This walkthrough video is EXCELLENT and is very inspiring. Stuff like this that timelapses through the sculpting process should give people a really good idea of what you can do and how you can do it easily!

That is some of the most inspiring stuff I've seen in a long time, and I was even at the blender conference 5 months ago. God damn I can't wait to get some time with this during the weekend.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
To paraphrase the intro, I now have an 'Idea'.

Gonna start working on it over the weekend. I still need to think of the meat of it, but I know what I want to achieve now at least.

Eggman

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
What's the best platformer made in Dreams you guys have seen so far? Some recommendations when I pick it up tomorrow.

Nov 2, 2018
What's the best platformer made in Dreams you guys have seen so far? Some recommendations when I pick it up tomorrow.

So many it's impossible to pick the best. I'm a massive Crash fan I was over the moon with this one. It's an I.P but it plays surprisingly well and there are 7 levels to dig into including some boss fights:

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Seeing the Dreams category on Twitch with so many people right now feels so weird. I'm glad to see it this high, I wonder if it'll die down after the first couple of days and the initial hype

Honome

Jan 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Oh my, those screens were printed at the sony art show today so i guess they are the press kit screens :p

So i was at the event with the 3 other artists from dreams, SlurmMacKenzie, Quartdecarton and gauffreman, with also kareem and other MM guys. I could chat a little with him, asked about the idea of opening dreams and letting people publish etc and he told me they have to seehow it's doing in its current form first.

Also had a screen of my demo done for the show with unmecrandom and oskunk and kareem drew sackboy on the back, that was cute.

There was also the game jam ans it's also cute cause i knew some of the student that i had in first year, it's crazy they're doing some pretty crazy stuff and they discovered dream last week.

That's great, all of you 4 are among my favorite creators on Dreams and i can't wait to see what you guys are going to do with the new tools that are in the final game.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
Are there many hidden prize bubbles?
I ended with around 140, and I know I missed a few in the song sequences, but I think I got all the ones that were I guess obviously hidden.
Can I check what scenes I'm missing them in?

If you go into the level map and click on a scene bubble there's a tiny marker up in the top left that says how many prizes are in a scene and how many you've collected.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Presumably it's this? I have it in my play later queue.

indreams.me

Ommy Kart

Join Ommy and his friends, Artio, Stanley & Frederick Fox, as they drift and race their karts around Starfish Island. Try to beat your own time whilst dodging ducks and taking tight turns!
That's the one. It plays so naturally. Most stuff on Dreams still doesn't so when you see when someone nails it it's rather satisfying.

one thing I've noticed in Dreams is that most creators have made the most insanely weird default control choices. Racing games where you use a face button to accelerate and the trigger to do something silly. I don't get it. Why haven't we gamers settled on default controls for various game types by how. The pro industry pretty much has lol.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to buy this finally and start fucking around on Saturday. I think I'll start simple and just try making some sculpts and stuff but I've got a ton of game ideas I'd like to start attempting to make. I think maybe a top down old school style zelda game might be relatively simple to start with.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
got an hour or so into the story mode. It's so delightful oh my lord. As someone who likes learning about game design for fun, it's cool seeing all the tiny, 20-second long sequences in the game where it feels like the dev is saying "you could make an entire game around this one little bit!". Love the vibe it gives off too. The tutorial at the very beginning where you're messing around with the gyroscope, launching all of the fireworks... it resonated with me in a way I wasn't expecting. Felt like I was a baby or a toddler, experiencing all the wonders the world has to offer for the very first time, one right after another.

I also doubt myself constantly, and deal with a lot of personal feels of not being able to create anything worthwhile. That wall of doubt sequence really hit me hard. I hope I can tear my own wall down. Can't wait to finish up the story tonight, and dig into the creative mode when I work up the courage this weekend.

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017
The trophies are attached to the official campaign and to creation?
Its possible to a user creation to have trophies?

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
That's the one. It plays so naturally. Most stuff on Dreams still doesn't so when you see when someone nails it it's rather satisfying.

one thing I've noticed in Dreams is that most creators have made the most insanely weird default control choices. Racing games where you use a face button to accelerate and the trigger to do something silly. I don't get it. Why haven't we gamers settled on default controls for various game types by how. The pro industry pretty much has lol.

Have you ever played Mario Kart? lol

But I agree, Mm should have tried to push creators to some kind of default button mapping, e.g. by naming the controls in a controller sensor in a certain way, or maybe even just a tutorial or document trying to establish some standards.