• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
A quick question... I have 2 ps4 consoles, is my progress stored Online or locally? do I have to move my "gamesaves" to the cloud on one PS4 and download on the other PS4...? Or can I just play the game without the hassle because progress is stored on a server., ?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Mandelbo youre real life famous

EQqlg9ZXsAAIH9T

TheLoCoRaven

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
I'd like to get a review/impression from someone that doesn't plan to create anything. I want to hear about the campaign and if its easy to play other peoples great creations like it is in Super Mario Maker 2.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I'd like to get a review/impression from someone that doesn't plan to create anything. I want to hear about the campaign and if its easy to play other peoples great creations like it is in Super Mario Maker 2.

I don't know if this guy creates anything, I've been watching his channel the whole week and I've seen nothing created by him but he still covers the game all the time so I believe he just plays creations and the main story.

Project Genesis

Dyllan Price

Oct 25, 2017
Playing peoples creations is very easy as DreamSurfing has lots of filters and you can find the perfect dream for you. For me Ive only made about 7 games in early access but I mostly play now as I mostly make content for Youtube now!

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The campaign is fun, though it is mostly easy platforming levels mixed with some point-and-click adventure segments. The characters, art design, and story are the real stars of the show - gameplay is not a whole lot to write home about. The campaign is very short but still satisfying.

Getting in and out of others' games is very fast and easy.

I think the biggest problem facing Dreams is that people will very quickly burn through all the good user-created content and then be left without much to do. Most of the games are very short and the only replayability comes from time or score challenges.

It takes a very long time for projects to be created, so people's appetitte for games to play will very quickly outstrip creators' ability to produce games.

I think Dreams is best suited to puzzle games. Most of the 3D action games feel like B-list platformers from the PS2 era.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the best platformer made in Dreams you guys have seen so far? Some recommendations when I pick it up tomorrow.

Don't know if it's the best but this guy has been pretty diligent on updating throughout beta:

Splatty's adventure.
indreams.me

Splatty's Adventure

Splatty is the Paint Brush Hero here to save the day. Splatty must rise to the occasion and halt the Conformity once and for all. <term> V0.5.91 (PS5) Bug Fixed for progress being locked. Just replay Level 4

Last edited:

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
I said god damn at this campaign. :O
Glad I got the EA & supported MM early. The community creations are already amazing as well and will only get better with time. I can't fucking wait for all the magic that's yet to come.

Oct 25, 2017
The campaign is fun, though it is mostly easy platforming levels mixed with some point-and-click adventure segments. The characters, art design, and story are the real stars of the show - gameplay is not a whole lot to write home about. The campaign is very short but still satisfying.

Getting in and out of others' games is very fast and easy.

I think the biggest problem facing Dreams is that people will very quickly burn through all the good user-created content and then be left without much to do. Most of the games are very short and the only replayability comes from time or score challenges.

It takes a very long time for projects to be created, so people's appetitte for games to play will very quickly outstrip creators' ability to produce games.

I think Dreams is best suited to puzzle games. Most of the 3D action games feel like B-list platformers from the PS2 era.
Border I swear to god you gotta make a new post when you want to explain dreams to somebody I've been reading this for a year now 🤦🏾‍♂️😂

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
who loves patch notes?

V2.03 "Blu" is released.

docs.indreams.me

v2.03 "Blu"

The Blu update for Dreams marks the full release of the game, and adds a whole slew of updates.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
who loves patch notes?

V2.03 "Blu" is released.

docs.indreams.me

v2.03 "Blu"

The Blu update for Dreams marks the full release of the game, and adds a whole slew of updates.

Love that you can FINALLY remove the Made in Dreams watermark.

Also, the option to make a single solid colour sky is something I've been waiting for. I've the launched the game, though, and I can't seem to find the option... Any ideas?

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Love that you can FINALLY remove the Made in Dreams watermark.

Also, the option to make a single solid colour sky is something I've been waiting for. I've the launched the game, though, and I can't seem to find the option... Any ideas?

There's a Sun and Sky Gadget in the Cameras and Lighting section. I'm assuming it would be in there.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
rewatching the rapidfire video and its amazing the stuff he asked has almost already been done so far.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
indreams.me

Name the cheese!

Mini game to showcase photo-realistic food.<br>Can you name the cheeses?<br>French cheese expert mode added.<br>Remember, you have access to the FX free cam once you find all the names.

This is certainly something :')

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
Last edited:

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't they already said they'd want to keep making games for Dreams? Like, it doesn't make sense To me if they were to suddenly drop everything and make another separate PS4 game.

Yeah, they have. It's not clear what the scope of those games will be, but they are definitely coming. Presumably a lot depends on how successful Dreams is.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they have. It's not clear what the scope of those games will be, but they are definitely coming. Presumably a lot depends on how successful Dreams is.
youre smart bro, i need ur help

i have a button that raises the characters gun to shoot and it intentionally has a slow fire rate. Holding the button lets them keep shooting constantly. but if they press the button over and over it lets them fire faster and i dont want that. how do i put a cooldown after its lost the signal from having the button held down

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
youre smart bro, i need ur help

i have a button that raises the characters gun to shoot and it intentionally has a slow fire rate. Holding the button lets them keep shooting constantly. but if they press the button over and over it lets them fire faster and i dont want that. how do i put a cooldown after its lost the signal from having the button held down

I think a signal manipulator might be the cleanest tool for this. It should have a setting (in its custom mode) where it generates a pulse when its input signal turns off. You can also set how quickly a signal rises and falls. If it rises instantly and falls over your intended cooldown time, you should now have a signal that is > 0 whenever you want to prevent firing.

The signal manipulator is low key an extremely powerful gadget, but it takes time to build up a good understand of when to use it. You can often do something with just it that would take loads of gadgets to do differently.

Last edited:

Jetpaction

Jun 2, 2019
The Netherlands
From what I could find Dreams currently doesn't support HDR. Is that correct? It seems like a game that could benefit greatly from it however I'm not sure if it's even possible to properly implement it in such a unique toolset. I would image lighting and contrast could get messy once you start to create content? Not sure how that would work.

Anyway, should still look gorgeous on an OLED display.