• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Anyone know what the pre-order theme looks like? Can't find anything on YouTube. I hope they put it on the PS Store so people who didn't pre-order can check it out.
I'm hoping that early access players get the theme. No mention anywhere about it. I sent MM a tweet a couple of days ago but still haven't gotten a reply. Would be kinda sad if the people who supported them early on don't get the same level of support.
From what I could find Dreams currently doesn't support HDR. Is that correct?
No HDR support from what I can see. At least my X90F doesn't change to HDR mode. Hope they add it because it'd work really well in Dreams.

Sasaud

Oct 28, 2017
I preordered the game just to support MM, the magic starts from the opening screen but i'm more interested in the creating aspects even though i've never tried something like that.
Hopefully the creation tools are easy enough for someone like me.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
I preordered the game just to support MM, the magic starts from the opening screen but i'm more interested in the creating aspects even though i've never tried something like that.
Hopefully the creation tools are easy enough for someone like me.
The creation tools are very easy to start with, and its very deep so mastery takes time. Plus, you may not even ever master more than just one of the principle aspects, like sculpting or music, which is fine. Thats why the community is so special, though. People help fill in the gaps, help each other learn, publish things you can put in your own levels, etc.

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017
The 'campaign' in itself is definitely worth the price of admission. Genuinely funny and a great showcase in all respects.

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
youre smart bro, i need ur help

i have a button that raises the characters gun to shoot and it intentionally has a slow fire rate. Holding the button lets them keep shooting constantly. but if they press the button over and over it lets them fire faster and i dont want that. how do i put a cooldown after its lost the signal from having the button held down
I secretly enjoy these sorts of questions because Dreams logic creation is a game unto itself.

Here's what my approach to this problem would be:

1. Have the signal manipulator pass a pulse when the player lets go of the fire button.

In the tweak menu switch on the custom remapper and put it on "Pulse at off" mode.

2. When that pulse is sent, start a 'cooldown' timer gadget

3. When the cooldown timer is finished, allow firing.

In other words, you can only fire when the fire button is pressed AND the timer has finished. To do this, use an AND gadget. The input into the AND gadget would be the fire button and the 'timer finished' signal.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
I only made a few animations during the last year (mostly used Dreams for VFX previs / film animatics and theraputic sculpting sessions) but I was able to make this in 1-2 hours when the full game unlocked for early access players:

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Sasaud

Oct 28, 2017
The creation tools are very easy to start with, and its very deep so mastery takes time. Plus, you may not even ever master more than just one of the principle aspects, like sculpting or music, which is fine. Thats why the community is so special, though. People help fill in the gaps, help each other learn, publish things you can put in your own levels, etc.
Thats great to hear, i just need not to be overwhelmed at the beginning

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Even today people are still finding new things that even MM didn't know about

Edit
Happy launch day!

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Blowing my mind that the game actually allows you to import audio. I figured because of copyright/legal issues that'd be an instant nono.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
indreams.me

Silent Hills (Full Game)

Based of P.T, Silent Hills is a vision of how the game could have been -- Domestic homicides are soaring in the town of Silent Hill and the local police is overwhelmed. Jeffrey Harper, a cop from Brahms, is one of many sent to help the Silent Hill police.

Just saw in trending ;P

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Blowing my mind that the game actually allows you to import audio. I figured because of copyright/legal issues that'd be an instant nono.
They won't stop you. But if the owners file a complaint they'll take the level off until you remove it. Which is why while they won't show others IP on stream it's alright to have up there. Except that one time they let Vivi through because they never played final fantasy lol

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Going to be picking this up in a few days! Stupidly excited! It's been so long since LittleBigPlanet. I love you MM (if you come across this message! :D)

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
for the newcomers.

Check out Mimeo Prophecy

indreams.me

MIMEO PROPHECY (WIP)

Play chapter 2 now!<br><br>MIMEO PROPHECY is an Action RPG with the premise to re-imagine one of those good old RPGs.<br><br>It will have a rather slow start to introduce the characters but there will be action later on. Approx. 3.5h gameplay.

Just noticed the images retailers have from MM. Orioto

Yeah i saw that in reviews for the game :)
I actually added a title screen to little jumps and made the game more easy (more check point and bigger platforms), i'll add some nice stuff in the background and repush it on twitter this we!

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Border I swear to god you gotta make a new post when you want to explain dreams to somebody I've been reading this for a year now 🤦🏾‍♂️😂
I just got into Dreams and it contains ~10 months worth of user-generated content that I had never touched before. But after a few afternoons of messing around it already feels like I am starting to run out of stuff to check out. Even the projects with a lot of polish often only have like 1-2 levels of content.

That's why I think puzzle games will probably be the best fit for Dreams -- it's relatively easy to generate new challenges and levels for those. Whereas it's going to take a long time for someone working on a platformer to generate new levels, and only a matter of minutes for people to complete those levels.

The game is not a bad deal for $40 and there's nothing else like it.......but comparing it to a platform as broad and vast as YouTube is setting people up for huge disappointment IMO.

Last edited:

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think a signal manipulator might be the cleanest tool for this. It should have a setting (in its custom mode) where it generates a pulse when its input signal turns off. You can also set how quickly a signal rises and falls. If it rises instantly and falls over your intended cooldown time, you should now have a signal that is > 0 whenever you want to prevent firing.

The signal manipulator is low key an extremely powerful gadget, but it takes time to build up a good understand of when to use it. You can often do something with just it that would take loads of gadgets to do differently.
I secretly enjoy these sorts of questions because Dreams logic creation is a game unto itself.

Here's what my approach to this problem would be:

1. Have the signal manipulator pass a pulse when the player lets go of the fire button.

In the tweak menu switch on the custom remapper and put it on "Pulse at off" mode.

2. When that pulse is sent, start a 'cooldown' timer gadget

3. When the cooldown timer is finished, allow firing.

In other words, you can only fire when the fire button is pressed AND the timer has finished. To do this, use an AND gadget. The input into the AND gadget would be the fire button and the 'timer finished' signal.
i dont think im doing it right

like this??

06871ed474.png

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
I just got into Dreams and it contains ~10 months worth of user-generated content that I had never touched before. But after a few afternoons of messing around it already feels like I am starting to run out of stuff to check out. Even the projects with a lot of polish often only have like 1-2 levels of content.

That's why I think puzzle games will probably be the best fit for Dreams -- it's relatively easy to generate new challenges and levels for those. Whereas it's going to take a long time for someone working on a platformer to generate new levels, and only a matter of minutes for people to complete those levels.

The game is not a bad deal for $40 and there's nothing else like it.......but comparing it to a platform as broad and vast as YouTube is setting people up for huge disappointment IMO.

Did you try mine ? Little Jumps has 6 levels and real hard, with replayability with stars for speed, same for feufollet.

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
i dont think im doing it right

like this??

06871ed474.png
Hmm, okay so one caveat to all this is that i am away from home currently and so can't actually test any of this, but theoretically you should only need to make a few adjustments to get it all working correctly.

Your diagram is verbatim what i suggested, but the problem is that my suggestion was a bit off.
The cooldown timer will need to reset itself at some point, and so this requires a few tweaks to how it works.

Instead of
"you can only fire when the fire button is pressed AND the timer has finished."
we want it to be
"you can only fire when the fire button is pressed AND the timer is at zero"

To make these changes you need to:
  • Remove the current wire that goes from the timer to the AND gadget.

• Make sure the timer is in 'count up' mode, meaning that the timer begins at zero.

• Take the 'timer finished' pulse and plug it in to the 'reset timer'. This part is actually on by default when you make a new timer gadget i believe.

• Take the 'current time' value and connect it to a calculator gadget. Have the calculator gadget set to "equal to" with the second value zero. plug this calculator into the AND gadget that allows firing.

I can give this a look at home later and double check that it all works, but hopefully at the very least you've learned a few different tricks.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you try mine ? Little Jumps has 6 levels and real hard, with replayability with stars for speed, same for feufollet.
Haha, yes they were fun! Were the mine areas in feufollet inspired by Donkey Kong Country?

Little Jumps reminded me of Good Job Human crossed with Super Nebula Boy. I like how a lot of the platforms have rocky edges jutting out to give you a second chance if you don't make a jump perfectly, or accidentally run a little too close to the edge.

Jun 26, 2018
Just tried this game out, Cargo Cult, it was pretty addicting :)

indreams.me

Cargo Culture

Chill beats to stack cargo for a multinational shipping conglomerate to. Experience the heart-pounding drudgery of everyday work! This is my first full game. Got a few whopping bugs that I can't squash but oh well. Big love to the creators I've sampled!

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
FYI:

Dreams Early Access Bundle

Thank you for contributing to the early access, please enjoy the Dreams Dynamic Theme, Dreams Official Soundtrack, and Dreams Digital Artbook

Pre-order goodies for us Early Accessors :D

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
FYI:

Thank you for contributing to the early access, please enjoy the Dreams Dynamic Theme, Dreams Official Soundtrack, and Dreams Digital Artbook

Oooh Thanks. I was wondering if we were to get the pre-order bonuses.

For those who can't purchase this bundle, Make sure to sign in to the store first.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Which YouTube are we comparing it to? The 2020 version of the YouTube that's had billions of dollars and 100s of millions of people produce content for it, Or the YouTube that released 15 years ago with a video of someone visiting the zoo?

Mm are just starting the "YouTube of gaming" and they answered the first question emphatically "does it work?", we'll have to wait for the other questions to be answered.

You should maybe go to Mmdreamqueens's homepage and scroll back to some early community creation lists to see some of the early submissions; Sail Tale being a good example.

Last edited:

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Question...

I got into the early beta but did not purchase the early access for $30. I played it for a couple of minutes but then never returned to it.

At the end of the tutorial, I got two bonus imps: the frog one and the blue one.

Would I have gotten anything more had I purchased the early access?

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
Question...

I got into the early beta but did not purchase the early access for $30. I played it for a couple of minutes but then never returned to it.

At the end of the tutorial, I got two bonus imps: the frog one and the blue one.

Would I have gotten anything more had I purchased the early access?

Nope. The frog is for beta and the blue ice one is for early access I believe.

Outside of the pre-order theme, art, and music of course.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, okay so one caveat to all this is that i am away from home currently and so can't actually test any of this, but theoretically you should only need to make a few adjustments to get it all working correctly.

Your diagram is verbatim what i suggested, but the problem is that my suggestion was a bit off.
The cooldown timer will need to reset itself at some point, and so this requires a few tweaks to how it works.

Instead of
"you can only fire when the fire button is pressed AND the timer has finished."
we want it to be
"you can only fire when the fire button is pressed AND the timer is at zero"

To make these changes you need to:
  • Remove the current wire that goes from the timer to the AND gadget.

• Make sure the timer is in 'count up' mode, meaning that the timer begins at zero.

• Take the 'timer finished' pulse and plug it in to the 'reset timer'. This part is actually on by default when you make a new timer gadget i believe.

• Take the 'current time' value and connect it to a calculator gadget. Have the calculator gadget set to "equal to" with the second value zero. plug this calculator into the AND gadget that allows firing.

I can give this a look at home later and double check that it all works, but hopefully at the very least you've learned a few different tricks.
UR AMAZING THANK YOU IT WORKED!!!!!

🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
FYI:

I was about to flying into raging fit because I wasn't able to purchase this; but then I remembered that thanks to the awful communication of PS Latam, I bought this on my US account. And now I am downloading everything, and I love the theme.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Daily reminder for new Dreamers to join the Discord Server!
QUOTE THIS TO GET THE LINK:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Also, yeah that theme is fucking great. I finally switched my theme for the first time since the PSX 2017 Experience Theme

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Can't wait to get this on Saturday. LBP was one of the first games I got on PS3 and it blew my mind that you could create your own content. I'm confident that this will make me experience that again.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Well I bought the game on PSN due to this thread. I hadn't realised the game was so cheap and I know I will love the Dynamic Theme (managed to pre order with 15 minutes to spare!) MM deserve the support and it's amazing Sony have funded the game and allowed MM to do what they want to do with it

Can't wait to try Art's Dream.