• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I finished Art's quests, wow what a ride. The toolset is clearly powerful. That
guitar level, when the music matches Francis and Foxy's riffs - amazing and so much fun.

Which imp did everyone choose? I chose the kind of fuzzy looking red one with the big cheerful eyes.

Last edited:

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
guitar level, when the music matches Francis and Foxy's riffs- amazing and so much fun.

I've been hearing Time Move Slow all the friggin day. I just love this version

Which imp did everyone choose? I chose the kind of fuzzy looking red one with the big cheerful eyes.

The green one. I've the EA one, but found the green one the funniest

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017

I change my imp quite frequently as there are so many cool ones when you flip through the imp surprise, but at the moment mine is... I don't really know it's either a yellow dog or a yellow bear. There are some really nice imps attached to quests I haven't done yet... :X

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched Easy Allies go through the Silent Hills dream for an hour and everyone (the hosts, the audience, and I) came away hugely impressed by the amount of detail that went into it.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
guitar level, when the music matches Francis and Foxy's riffs - amazing and so much fun.

teapot imp.

XcFcjiU.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Is this worth it if you have no intention of making content? Is there enough meat to the stuff people currently have out or is it mostly short experiences? History I played LBP for a few hours then got bored. Please don't hate me

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this worth it if you have no intention of making content? Is there enough meat to the stuff people currently have out or is it mostly short experiences? History I played LBP for a few hours then got bored. Please don't hate me

The fact it has only been available for 10 months to the community (with little documentation) most content is short.

You should consider Dreams more "Early-access Game Tester-The Game", play interesting short experiences and leave feedback for the creator, follow development of the things you like.

And don't discount creation, I'd be surprised that people with hundreds/thousands of posts on a gaming discussion forum don't have any ideas when they realise how easy it is to use.

Personally as a fan of LBP, I already think Dreams is a lot more interesting/entertaining.

Jun 26, 2018

It has more variety than LBP, but if you're in doubt, why not check out some Dreams on YouTube, to get an idea of what's in there?

Personally, I think it's more than worth it, but your mileage may vary :)

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at MmDreamQueen there are now 165,215 people with Dreams. Including Beta, Early Access, and Day 1 sales.

It seems like a very slow start. Hopefully a big PS5 and PC push will help.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
The Pilgrim is a pretty good creation.

It has nice music, controls, and atmosphere.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Hard to overstate how great the main story Art's Dream is. Best directed bit of interactive entertainment by Media Molecule ever.

That particular piece and Dreams itself is the very Jazz of Games.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the directional creativity behind it. The ending somehow managing to mix Never Ending Story with Heavy Metal and La La Land is just beautiful.

And this was made using the same tools as any other DualShock wielding PS4 gamer? Bravo.

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
Why does D-Bug's rolling mechanic feel so damn satisfying? Especially that little pop up he does after releasing R2.

I don't even bother walking/running anymore, I just roll around everywhere!

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Why does D-Bug's rolling mechanic feel so damn satisfying? Especially that little pop up he does after releasing R2.

I don't even bother walking/running anymore, I just roll around everywhere!
someone just a fan of metroid ;D im surprise people haven't forced the rolling ball state and added some wall bounce and make some sort of platformer like a metroid game or something.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
I know I will never create anything worthwhile in this game but gosh darn do they make it seem like it can. The watermark on the lower right telling you that ". . . Yes, even this was done in the engine" is really inspiring.

Props to SONY for letting MM do their thing.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I need a highly detailed D-Bug figurine.

Also indreams.me is so convenient. I hope this game catches on. I am putting together some ideas for a fantasy-based board game inspired by Forgotten Realms.

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
someone just a fan of metroid ;D im surprise people haven't forced the rolling ball state and added some wall bounce and make some sort of platformer like a metroid game or something.
Metroid was the first thing I thought of! And yeah, seems like an excellent foundation for an acrobatic platformer like that.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I need a highly detailed D-Bug figurine.

Also indreams.me is so convenient. I hope this game catches on. I am putting together some ideas for a fantasy-based board game inspired by Forgotten Realms.
im surprise it works so well. being able to Queue games. and "Play Now" button if youre on your ps4 while logged into indreams.me. makes it so convenient to instantly play games.

also a WIP homespace. got things to do. probably remove stuff so i can have more thermo especially single objects i don't really need

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely would love a full 6-8 hour D-Bug platformer in the same vein as the sections in Art's Dream.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Finally tried the analog stick controls for more than a couple of minutes aaaaand I'm probably never using them again. Just doesn't feel natural to me. Also, I wish the DS4 did 3D tracking in Dreams like the move controllers.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Finally tried the analog stick controls for more than a couple of minutes aaaaand I'm probably never using them again. Just doesn't feel natural to me. Also, I wish the DS4 did 3D tracking in Dreams like the move controllers.

I don't believe the DS4 has a magnetometer, so it has no fixed position, only relative position in 3D space. That's why we're constantly having to "reset" the position so it knows where 0,0,0 on the axes is. I really hope they spend the extra few pennies to add one in the DS5. It's dreadfully annoying to constantly have to recenter.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
I don't believe the DS4 has a magnetometer, so it has no fixed position, only relative position in 3D space. That's why we're constantly having to "reset" the position so it knows where 0,0,0 on the axes is. I really hope they spend the extra few pennies to add one in the DS5. It's dreadfully annoying to constantly have to recenter.
Ah, I see. Thanks. They do seem to be putting some nice upgrades in the DS5 with the new haptics, so here's hoping that's not all they add.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Played through Art's Dream, very very cool experience. Gameplay mechanics are tight and varied, transitions between styles are incredible especially at the end. Art, sound, and music is marvelous.
The story is ok tho, felt it a little bit for children, simple dialogues and concept but the rest of the package carries it quite nicely.

Had some time to play some user created games. Pip Gemwalker is fantastic, it's the only game I've completed.

Tried Blade Gunner (cool), Ruckus, and some others but it's late and I'm quite tired.

I'll mostly play games tomorrow and maybe try some tutorials. Sunday will dive heavy into that for sure.

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017

There are many PSVR games though where it's tracked in 3D space.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
There are many PSVR games though where it's tracked in 3D space.

Sure, the DS4 has an accelerometer and gyroscope. These allow the DS4 to be tracked in 3D space relationally -- meaning it can figure out the vector and velocity of movement in 3D space -- and that works in Dreams also. The problem is that it has no magnetometer, so it doesn't actually know where you are in relation to anything. The magnetometer (otherwise fancily known as a compass) provides a point of origin via Earth's gravity so that devices which have all three of those, like most current smartphones, can be tracked in fixed 3D space more or less.

Sony has made up for this with the PS Camera and the lights on the back of the DS4. This provides the system some information about how the DS4 is oriented compared to the ground. But I suppose Mm didn't want to require the Camera. Why Mm don't use it in Dreams as an option to improve tracking of the DS4 is a mystery to me though (unless they've changed this since the beta).

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a topic for Dreams creator tips?

Otherwise I'll ask here. I thought an update allowed you to remove the sky flecks?

TeaberryShark

Feb 8, 2019
if Sony could get other studios (even their first party) to make dlc packs for this game that would be amazing!
Imagine buying a Capcom pack with cap made resident evil character models and environment props for you to use and remix, or naughty dog created last of us characters you could purchase etc etc.

There's so much potential here.

May 24, 2019
God damn, the marble rolling game they're featuring is incredible. Maybe the best one of those games since Marble Blast Ultra.

Oct 26, 2017
Hard to overstate how great the main story Art's Dream is. Best directed bit of interactive entertainment by Media Molecule ever.

That particular piece and Dreams itself is the very Jazz of Games.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the directional creativity behind it. The ending somehow managing to mix Never Ending Story with Heavy Metal and La La Land is just beautiful.

And this was made using the same tools as any other DualShock wielding PS4 gamer? Bravo.

YES! That's exactly it. I pointed that out in my review that the jazz theme of Art's Dream is reinforcing the idea that Dreams, as a concept, is based on jazz. You know, just jamming, coordinating with other people, creating as you go along. That, and the bedroom coder idea that very much drove the industry in the 80's and early 90's, especially in Europe. Dreams is revitalizing that possibility, inspired by jazz.

Oct 25, 2017
Why? It works totally fine in a mobile browser. You'd either have to support web and 2 app ecosystems simultaneously, or just make the app a useless web view. Don't see any potential benefit there.
Just wondered because the OP said there's a website and an app. But after I put the website to my home screen and opened it, I noticed the search bar and tool bar are gone so it's all good with the full screen mode. Is it a PWA?

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Overwhelmed but also ready to keep chipping away at this and learn the tools little by little.

What a cool game.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
im surprise it works so well. being able to Queue games. and "Play Now" button if youre on your ps4 while logged into indreams.me. makes it so convenient to instantly play games.

also a WIP homespace. got things to do. probably remove stuff so i can have more thermo especially single objects i don't really need

'what are the limits on what can be imported into a home space? Thinking if you prototyped something outside as a scene could it come in?

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
Is there any way to view a list of dreams you've played? I added a few things to the "play later" list on the website yesterday and played through a couple of them this morning. It seems that when you play something on your "play later" list it gets removed from it. I'm trying to find one of those dreams to show my kids and can't remember what it was called now.

Jun 26, 2018
Is there any way to view a list of dreams you've played? I added a few things to the "play later" list on the website yesterday and played through a couple of them this morning. It seems that when you play something on your "play later" list it gets removed from it. I'm trying to find one of those dreams to show my kids and can't remember what it was called now.

Second to last row in the dreamsurfing menu :)

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018

In addition to what MechaBreaker said: You can also create a collection in Dreamforming to put in your very favourite games.

Last edited:

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
'what are the limits on what can be imported into a home space? Thinking if you prototyped something outside as a scene could it come in?
It's just the prize bubbles and stuff from MM. They filter everything else out. I guess to make sure things are thermo friendly. I was hoping I could use some of my own stuff but they have plenty to work with.