• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 2, 2018
Having played it I found the animations really let it down. Animations on interactive characters are really tricky, but I still wish creators would spend more time. There were quite a lot of improvements around procedural animation in the full release

It's only a demo so it's possible there might be some improvements in the full release, playing it I felt was really smooth but in need of a little refinement. I was most impressed with the boss with the character model becoming more damaged through the fight.

myojinsoga

Oct 29, 2017
Well ... All aboard I suppose?

Picked up a digital copy because I can't seem to get this game out of my head. I'm highly unlikely to ever create anything worth publishing. But I'm interested in tapping into the stream of random / bonkers user content. And supporting an obvious labour of love / industry turning point. And the eventual prospect of 3D modelling in VR, which can't be added soon enough.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well ... All aboard I suppose?

Picked up a digital copy because I can't seem to get this game out of my head. I'm highly unlikely to ever create anything worth publishing. But I'm interested in tapping into the stream of random / bonkers user content. And supporting an obvious labour of love / industry turning point. And the eventual prospect of 3D modelling in VR, which can't be added soon enough.

take something, tweak one thing. Then tweak another. Then build your own thing and tweak it. Before you know it you'll be making your own magnum opus :)

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Looks ok but tbh, nothing what I would want to play.

When it comes to action combat, I am very curious about this project.

Does anyone know if that's already playable ?

This is looking really solid, thanks for the heads up. Moving from outside to within the cave was really nice and the art design in general is on point.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
To anyone that thinks creating is not for them, I recommend to try the first Art tutorial (it's for beginners), once you do that one you'll feel that anything is possible lol.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Found this really amazing sculpt on the subreddit:
d9owfbdbhgh41.jpg

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
A Little place in Outer Space is now remixable.

its the level where you traverse around on planets like mario galaxy.
so now we see how he made the player stick to planet as it moved around a sphere

indreams.me

A Little Place In Outer Space

Warning: This level will be difficult for players susceptible to motion sickness.<br><br>🏠 A home in the expanse<br>🌌 Alone in the galaxy<br>🛋️ Warmth and comfort<br>🌏 Beauty of nature<br>❤️ I hope you'll come visit again soon.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
So my normal gaming routine is to slowly, methodically, work my way through my massive backlog, but because of Dreams and my obsession with creating in it, for the first time I felt this sense of...maybe just...screw the backlog? Like just outright dismiss it forever. Ha. I'm honestly just struggling to imagine when I'll ever actually get back to the backlog with the Dreams project I have going, and the ideas I have for my next couple and the excitement I have to get to them.

Maybe I've finally found my forever game...

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
First thing I played was the Fallout 4 Tutorial - could not invert Y (if you can I am dumb for not seeing it) - so killing that Mirelurk was very very messy. Next game I tried had the option to Invert Y so I assume it has to be programmed in by the Creator? Looking forward to jumping back in and see some cool shit.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Massive shout-out to GOGOSCOPE who's putting out some clean as fuck architecture builds. He's recreated the house from Jacque Tati's Mon Oncle, the Titanic, South Park, and my personal favorite: the Powerpuff Girls' house, complete with open-world Townsville and explorable City Hall.

indreams.me

The CITY of TOWNSVILLE

Sugar, spice and everything nice! Welome in the City of Townsville, a beautiful place to live! Meticulously recreated based on the movie and TV series, visit the iconic places! The professor's house and lab, town center, city hall... Enjoy the tour!

Follow and like him!

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Massive shout-out to GOGOSCOPE who's putting out some clean as fuck architecture builds. He's recreated the house from Jacque Tati's Mon Oncle, the Titanic, South Park, and my personal favorite: the Powerpuff Girls' house, complete with open-world Townsville and explorable City Hall.

indreams.me

The CITY of TOWNSVILLE

Sugar, spice and everything nice! Welome in the City of Townsville, a beautiful place to live! Meticulously recreated based on the movie and TV series, visit the iconic places! The professor's house and lab, town center, city hall... Enjoy the tour!

Follow and like him!
saw a screen of Ship of Dreams and this one was one part of the impressive ship he built.

indreams.me

TITANIC - The Ship of Dreams

In 1912, the two sister ships, the Olympic and the Titanic were the largest steamers afloat and at the time their interiors were a mix of luxury and innovation. Let's explore some iconic places meticulously brought back to life!

ca7afdeb3f72d7e103a4628faa47b947

Oct 28, 2017
No part of Dreams currently requires PS+. But when online multiplayer becomes a thing, you can expect that part to require it.
Oh brilliant. Game goes on to my buy list then. That's something I found incredibly lame in Mario Maker 2. Locking the main part of the game behind a subscription is so against what the game should be.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I skipped through one of the tutorials for the assets, but now I still can't access them even though the tutorial page says completed? Are you supposed to publish at the end? Because it won't allow me to publish the dream ... should I reset?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
burgervan

Finished "Super Great Job Human!" and wow... that was really lovely :)

Congrats !

Mr Van - you've done a few complete games so far (Cubric still my fave). Can you describe how the progression worked? Did later games come easier - eg game framework was more copy/paste and you could work more on the core game? Do you fine yourself reworking existing logic or starting from scratch as you learned things during the previous game to speed things up?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Amenjo1's "Organica" series are stunning trippy visualizations that happen to pop like crazy on an OLED ;)

indreams.me

Organica

My new visualisations more on the organic side. Enjoy and feel free to ask questions ; ) if anyone has any music they want me to add visuals to, please send me a link<br>9 visuals so far & counting......

I've also put together a collection of my favorite "screensaver" Dreams, including the above.

indreams.me

Screensavers

Let your HDTV chill like it's 1993 with this collection of screensavers!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The connectivity with indreams.me is such a boon to the game. Love seeing recommendations like the above and popping them into my play later pile for when I settle down in the evening.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Can anyone here help me?

I've sent a couple of Dreams I've played to a friend but they tell me they cannot find them.

How do they find them?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone here help me?

I've sent a couple of Dreams I've played to a friend but they tell me they cannot find them.

How do they find them?

It's under their profile Activity tab; you can click it on the website, or in the Options menu on PS4.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
the notification systems might be borked. i know that it wouldn't notify creators someone has used their asset. but they know its an issue.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018

indreams.me

The CITY of TOWNSVILLE

Follow and like him!
Wooow, this looks great. Going to check this later tonight! Thx for posting. Finding the good stuff isn't always that easy. Sometimes it takes quite some time it seems for great creations to be found by the big masses.

----
I have posted this a couple of pages ago, but can't say this enough. Check out this Purgatory game.

I was truly amazed. Not because of graphics or because it's a great remake. But just because it's creative, funny and original. And that's exactly what makes Dreams great for me. People with creativity can go wild and it's not only about designing.

Absolutely a small 10 minute experience that will make you smile.

The indreams link:
https://indreams.me/dream/mUkFTDQDHyz

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Dunno if people has given it a chance, but the Wind-Up game is a pretty awesome isometric action game:

indreams.me

Wind-Up (Isometric Action)

A game by Figburn <br><br>Explore the mysterious castle, and take down enemies!<br>Playable singleplayer, and multiplayer.

Lost a good chunk of time yesterday playing it.

Can anyone here help me?

How do they find them?

In the main page, there's a notification icon (upper-left) he can click on it, and the 'shared' notification should be there. If not, then maybe is a bug/issue with people not getting the notification that someone shared a Dream with them?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any form of symmetry while building? Wondering how some of these creations are so well spaced
because its created with grid on and/or precise move.

DS4 helps with these types of things.

EDIT:

for those interested in the avatar game.

the creator is streaming himself making gliding mini game

Last edited:

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Dunno if people has given it a chance, but the Wind-Up game is a pretty awesome isometric action game:

indreams.me

Wind-Up (Isometric Action)

A game by Figburn <br><br>Explore the mysterious castle, and take down enemies!<br>Playable singleplayer, and multiplayer.

Lost a good chunk of time yesterday playing it.

In the main page, there's a notification icon (upper-left) he can click on it, and the 'shared' notification should be there. If not, then maybe is a bug/issue with people not getting the notification that someone shared a Dream with them?

Also thanks :)

Nov 2, 2018
We've done massive play through of Super a Great Job, Human - didn't even get to see everything on offer in the DEMO and the video is still huge:

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Being able to explore Hogwarts, Bikini Bottom, Townsville, Minas Tirith and the Titanic was alone worth the Dreams purchase. I love those recreations of iconic places. :)

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Am i the only one thinking it would make a lot of sense to release this on pc? Releasing the creation part on pc seems like such a perfect fit? I can only see positive sides to Dreams being on pc and creations being playable on console. I mean, Dreams is not something that is going to shift big numbers on console and it's not a console seller either.

I haven't created yet (just did one tutorial) but creating with moves and controllers seems worst case scenario when you can have mouse + keyboard and a pc environment? The engine seems powerful and wil get even better with time. Unlocking the full potential seems a matter of having the easiest environment to create in/with. Or am i missing something here?

I hope they consider a simultaneous release on PS5 and pc. In a case like this, it would make a lot of sense. I'd love to see this engine evolve and get more popular in the future.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Am i the only one thinking it would make a lot of sense to release this on pc? Releasing the creation part on pc seems like such a perfect fit? I can only see positive sides to Dreams being on pc and creations being playable on console. I mean, Dreams is not something that is going to shift big numbers on console and it's not a console seller either.

I haven't created yet (just did one tutorial) but creating with moves and controllers seems worst case scenario when you can have mouse + keyboard and a pc environment? The engine seems powerful and wil get even better with time. Unlocking the full potential seems a matter of having the easiest environment to create in/with. Or am i missing something here?

I hope they consider a simultaneous release on PS5 and pc. In a case like this, it would make a lot of sense. I'd love to see this engine evolve and get more popular in the future.
For certain things for sure mouse and keyboard would be better but for hands on sculpting and assembling scenes the motion controls (DS4) works incredibly well for me. The way you can make really fine adjustments to the way an object is oriented and placed and the literal hands on nature of it... I think that stuff works far better than a mouse would where you have absolutely no 3D movement. Once you get used to it, as I'm starting to, you can do some really cool things and do it all in an instant. It's very natural.

Nov 2, 2018

For right now it's a game for you to create things in your underwear sitting on the couch, people are taking it more seriously than than that, and that's great, but for right now its trying to appeal to casual players and creators.

That being said, there's no reason in 5 or 10 years or so Dreams doesn't get something like a Dreams Pro edition available on PC with updated graphics, options and tools, along with the ability to purchase a license for you to make and sell external games...

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Don't laugh at me... super basic question... I have sculpted a player model and want to use it in a scene...

Maybe I'm blind but is there a basic tutorial about setting up a scene so it's possible to actually play it? Like setting up start, finish, how to control the whatever?