• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I don't make threads often but Media Molecule's biggest issue is how they present Dreams to the general public. Everything seemed ambiguous and vague about what Dreams really is, but now I'm pleased to say they found the right message as seen in the Early Access launch trailer. https://youtu.be/pbIjUA4-M2U
In this trailer, the message of "You Are the Architect of Your Imagination" is clear and concise. You can create basically everything in this game and share it to the world. That makes more sense than saying "You can make your own dreams!" which causes the audience to question what those 'dreams' are.

In addition to the easier to understand message, Dreams has the benefit of being launched in an environment where the Internet can market the game itself. It could be something like Minecraft where YouTube is filled to the brim with content from that game. Media Molecule and Sony would likely encourage players to share their experiences with the game online by any means necessary. Hell, they're already doing that. Dreams is no longer to hugely ambitious game that no one can describe. With the more cohesive message, Dreams is starting to form into something more solid and tangible and has the potential to excite millions of people.

kintaris

Jul 24, 2018
It's a bit of a shame that Sony decided to push out their PS5 "reveal" on release day, so Dreams' one chance to be the PlayStation headline of the day was trashed.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
The early access IS the marketing for this game. It'll lead to all sorts of material that they can use for marketing.

FSavage

Oct 30, 2017
It's a bit of a shame that Sony decided to push out their PS5 "reveal" on release day, so Dreams' one chance to be the PlayStation headline of the day was trashed.

This is not true, yesterday* was just the release of a limited early access to the game. Marketing will go into full swing once the "full game" has a concrete date. And guess what, thanks to the early access, there will be a ton of user made content ready for the full game from day one, when the general public buy into the game.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
I'm pretty sure MM is thankful for not being the headline of that day. They want an EA filled with hardcore creators, not casuals just jumping on the price promotion and then creating nothing.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It would be cool if they made a video and referenced

Lbp and started the video like "Remember Lbp and its wonderful creations (with a few vids) well Dreams is our next big game and an evolution of this genre with creation tools further expanded, in a 3D universe, blah blah blah (with videos showing its creations). Just an idea, I think it would give ppl a tangible idea of what Dreams is.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Once some fleshed out experiences start to appear it will take off. It has all the tools to make whatever you want. The load times are super fast too which makes browsing so fun.

RandomDazed

Oct 27, 2017
This is not true, yesterday* was just the release of a limited early access to the game. Marketing will go into full swing once the "full game" has a concrete date. And guess what, thanks to the early access, there will be a ton of user made content ready for the full game from day one, when the general public buy into the game.

That doesn't change the fact that the PS5 specs reveal totally overshadowed their early access launch.

Of course they will have a proper launch, i mean that goes without saying.

But considering Media Molecule is a Sony owned studio, it just seems like very bad communication and planning.

Why have one win when you can have two?

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
Also, the other studios seem to be on board with helping promote the game:

I have a feeling once someone creates a Dino from Horizon Zero Dawn or Kratos, they'll also be advertising it.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Once some fleshed out experiences start to appear it will take off. It has all the tools to make whatever you want. The load times are super fast too which makes browsing so fun.
Yeah the load times are the best part of dreams. I end up checking out anything that looks even one bit interesting.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I actually don't think that it would be easy for dreams to bust out of the gate and be big. It's more like the kind of thing you would have to build up over a few years.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
Impulse bought this earlier. Ok now I've had a chance to look. I'm glad, I can see how well it's made, and how much of a trip it would be to just go dream surfing in VR. Now to learn how to dream shape....

Do we know if this will support creating in VR?

Last edited:

dd492941

Oct 28, 2017
I bought it as soon as it went live in us. Im excited for the possibilities even though I couldn't really get into lbp

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wacky idea...

Dreams is a PS5 pre installed game, is treated as a 1st party Roblox type platform.

Will it? Nah...but it would be cool and support creators and make sony $$$$